[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of doing a one week vacation in Nashville this year.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: NDT.jpg (312KB, 1576x800px) Image search: [Google]
NDT.jpg
312KB, 1576x800px
Thinking of doing a one week vacation in Nashville this year. Is it better to do a bus trip or plane trip? I'm coming from Mississauga, Ontario. I do like looking at the sites but price is king. What's the best company to book through in terms of getting there and hotel stay? Also, any sites in Nashville worth checking out? Thank you.
>>
I'd just take a flight.

Been to Nashville many times but it was always for work. The people were nice and there's a TON of hot chicks.

Can't really think of anything specific you should do.

Why Nashville?
>>
>>1203099
Thanks for the reply. Living in Mississauga all my life, I've developed an appreciation for the Southern United States and I heard Nashville is a really fun place to visit. I'm also into Civil War history.
>>
>>1203107

Oh okay. I live in Atlanta, which I think has more to offer than Nashville in terms of the things you are looking for.

If you interest is the Southern United States then there are some great destinations in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. A lot of natural beauty, history, and nice people.

Flights to Atlanta are cheap as fuck since it's such a big airport. Cheap flights to Charlotte too.

Since your Canadian, you might find southern summer to be too hot for you. Spring or Fall would both be good times for you to visit.

If Civil War history is your thing then Gettysburg is the mother of it all. You will not have a more fulfilling experience than seeing Gettysburg, it's astonishing what happened there.

As a traveler I don't usually recommend bringing up your home country, but I've found that Canadians are really well liked here. Just don't talk about Hockey, no one here gives a fuck about it.
>>
>>1203150
Thank you so much! I'll definitely consider it. I think Atlanta would be cool to visit. Are there people still salty about Sherman there?
>Just don't talk about Hockey, no one here gives a fuck about it.
Neither do I, I also hate Tim Hortons.
>>
>>1203174
Probably best not to talk about Sherman.
>>
Born and raised in Nashville. Like >>1203099 said, take a flight. It's a simpler experience and leaving/arriving at BNA is easy with MTA (city's bus transit), Uber/Lyft, etc. Also, BNA is small and very easy to navigate.

Downtown Nashville has a lot of museums, both art and music related and there are usually concerts going on weekly at big venues and many more at local pubs. BUT downtown is a tourist trap. Make one swoop through and unless something catches your fancy, move on. Not big on Civil War history but a lot of areas nearby have war monuments telling you of important battles. A lot of it is overlooked just because it's always there but I know people like them regardless.

Personally, it's best to visit Nashville if something is going on that you want to see and make a full trip of it. Hotels downtown will cost a LOT but if you just plan a hotel in the Vanderbilt area(University area just outside downtown, probably 20-30 minutes walking, minutes by car), you'll find much more affordable hotels. And there's plenty to choose from.

Very friendly area, most people will gladly talk to you and only a few pocket areas that I can't recommended going to but they're mostly out of the way from anywhere you might go so I wouldn't worry.
>>
>>1203028

Nashville native here. Expect to get killed on hotel prices. Our hotel capacity is small and the prices are some of the highest in the world at the moment.

Nashville really doesn't have anything worth coming here to see (unless you're a country music buff). It's really just a city to visit to party. If you come here looking for site seeing, prepare to be disappointed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.