[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never travelled internationally before and am pretty keen on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Never travelled internationally before and am pretty keen on visiting NY, either alone or with another mate - we're 23, Australian and male.
Hoping to go at the start of 2018; is January a good time for it?
Is it beneficial to dl tinder and set it to NYC so I can make some contacts for when I go over?

Will be grateful for any tips, stories or recommendations too!
>>
Don't come to NYC in January. Come in the Summer. NYC in the summer is a dream. Festivals (music and food ones) outside movie screenings, you can travel into Long Island to the Hamptons etc etc don't come in the gloomy cold. You'll thank me later.
>>
Good post, nobody else needs to answer as the first poster nailed it.
>>
>>1202930
Excellent, thanks!
>>
>>1202937
>Good post, nobody else needs to answer as the first poster nailed it.

Somebody else could answer the other parts, about tips, etc. OP -- what sort of stuff interests you?
>>
If you're going, book your hotel as far in advance as possible.

Do you really just mean you'd fly from australia to new york? Or do the eastern seaboard from boston-new york? Without a local or specific cultural connection I'd say new york could be done in two days.

>>1202930
OP is australian, decent chance they've never seen snow before, also they wouldn't have proper winter clothes too
>>
>>1202941
I have various interests; I've seen so much through Bourdain's shows so I've got lots of restaurants I'd like to see, we'd check out the local music scene, chinatown. I guess I'd want to spend a day or two in each suburb?

Can we just go to places like the Bronx or is it not recommended for white people? Movies make it look unfriendly.

>>1202968
Will do! We'd probably spend our nights in a hostel to save money.
I thought staying in one city would be more wise. Boston would be good but I didn't want to take on too much.
And I saw a minute or two of it once in Hobart haha I was ecstatic.
>>
>>1202930
This, NYC is way better in summer
Hey OP since you're in Australia, why don't you do baby's 1st trip (Australia) ?
Plane tickets shouldn't be too bad for you guys
>>
>>1202971
Oops... meant to say go to South-east Asia
>>
>>1202972
Not into the cheap piss/partying.
>>
I'm gonna visit NY in two weeks, pretty dumb period, but that ll be my bday present for myself. Anon from Kazakhstan here :/
You can leave fakemail, I'll send you a report.
>>
>>1202930
it is soooo much better when the weather is at least decent. But it's still fun even in the cold.
>>
>>1202970
You can walk around The Bronx just fine, at least in the daytime. Not that anything would happen at night either most likely, but just to be safe.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.