[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: istanbul-1_ys5cgg1z.pfe.jpg (109KB, 595x397px) Image search: [Google]
istanbul-1_ys5cgg1z.pfe.jpg
109KB, 595x397px
A friend and I are planning to travel to Turkey in May or June of this year. Probably for 10 to 14 days and will see several cities. The preliminary itinerary is Istanbul, Gallipoli/Çanakkale, Troy, Izmir, Ephesus, Antalya (maybe), and if time allows either Ankara or Black Sea coast.

Any suggestions on something I'm missing? Are Edirne or Bursa worth seeing? Tips for traveling within Turkey? I know a bit about the dolmus system but any first hand experiences would help.
>>
Bumpin again pls help
>>
>>1202843
Istanbul is outstanding. That mosque in the pic is at Ortaköy. Just a couple of hundred metres from where the new-years-eve attack took place. Nice area.

Go to Princes' Islands. You get a boat from somewhere close to Galata bridge or the stadium.

I have also been recommended, if one has the money, to rent a private boat and go around the Marmaris.

Anyway. Turkey is huge and full of sights and nice people. You could spend years there (or at least I could). Just Istanbul alone could take months to get tired from.
>>
For 10 days, your root is ideal. If you have 2 more weeks, i would say you to add Kapadokya and Bursa.
>>
Oct. 10, 2015
Suicide bombers hit a lunchtime peace rally in Ankara, killing about 100 people. No one has claimed responsibility.

Jan. 12, 2016
A suicide bomber blew himself up and killed 10 tourists, all foreigners, in an attack on Istanbul’s central historic district.

Feb. 17, 2016
A blast in Ankara hit a convoy of buses filled with soldiers at a traffic light, killing 28 and wounding more than 60 others.

March 13, 2016
A car rigged with explosives blew up in a public square in Ankara, killing more than 30. A Kurdish militant group claimed responsibility.

March 19, 2016
A suicide bomber struck a main avenue in Istanbul, killing at least four, including two Americans. Turkey said ISIS carried out the attack.

June 7, 2016
A car bomb destroyed a police vehicle near an Istanbul tourist district, killing 11 people and wounding dozens.

June 28, 2016
Three suicide attackers killed 45 people and wounded dozens more at Istanbul’s main airport.

Dec. 10, 2016
A double bombing in Istanbul outside a soccer stadium killed at least 38 people, and wounded another 136.

Dec. 19, 2016
Russia’s ambassador to Turkey was assassinated at an Ankara art exhibit.

Have fun.
>>
>>1203504
I could also get hit by a car after walking out my front door or die in a terrorist attack on my way to work.

Kill yourself you agoraphobic faggot.
>>
>>1203511
Don't say I didn't warn you
>>
Turkey is always good destinaton for travel.
>>
>>1202843
Ignore >>1203504

Turkey is completely safe for tourists, I was there during violent protests last year and both sides have completely no interest in you and leave you alone. In many ways there isn't a better time to visit too since prices have had to be lowered because nobody wants to go.

The one thing I'd say is that Istanbul isn't like most other cities where everything is sort of like shit you've seen before and it gets a bit boring and samey after a couple of days. You can legitimately spend near a week there and not be out of interesting things to do. I'd recommend not trying to squeeze as many things in as possible just so you can say you've been, since you won't actually do any of them justice, but obviously that's your decision.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.