[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a short trip to San Francisco. I live in Atlanta,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: san-francisco.jpg (474KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
san-francisco.jpg
474KB, 1600x1000px
I'm planning a short trip to San Francisco. I live in Atlanta, and have never been to California, and have always wanted to see it. So I picked San Fran as a good first stop.

Gonna go Jan 23 - 26.

Some questions for Cali anons:
>What's a good hostel to stay in while there? I'd like something that is decent group rooms, not too expensive, but not a shithole. Maybe 4 to 8 per room? As they do in Europe.
> I want to only spend $100 - $150 per day, including the hostel, food, and stuff i do there. Is this feasible?
> What are some easy, cheap things I can do see while there?

I'm spending $400 for the flight. And would like to spend no more than another $400 for everything else.

Tips highly appreciated!
>>
Update, I think I'm gonna go with the Fisherman's Wharf hostel.

Right now I'm at:
$400 flight
$50 Airport Parking (Atlanta)
$90 Uber ride to and from SanFran Airport to hostel
$50 per day for hostel
$80 per day for food and activities

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>1202734
$80/day for food and activities is gonna be a little tight. Doable though.
>>
>>1202746

I don't eat that much. and the Fisherman's Wharf hostel has an included breakfast.

I think my big question is, what should I do???

Must see's in San Fran? Must do's?
>>
>>1202734
>90 for uber
Just take the BART my dude. Its like 10 bucks and it takes you right to market where theres connecting buses to the wharf
>>
>>1202760
Is there a reason for coming in January? SF is gorgeous in the summer, but cold and windy in the winter. Fisherman's wharf is a tourist trap. I would recommend seeing the golden gate and taking the time to hike the bluffs on the Marin county side (and walk to Sausalito, its gorgeous). Also we are famous for our sourdough bread and dim-sum.
>>
I go to school in Berkeley, here are some things to look into if you're interested. You can get here by bart to downtown berkeley and walk a few blocks east

-the campus itself is great (maybe you can get a free tour)
-local food classics like Top Dog
-berkeley marina
-berkeley rose garden
-tilden park
-fire trails
-big c
-berkeley art/pacific film archive museum
-I don't know what food there is in atlanta but you should try stuff like boba, korean bbq, pho, if you haven't already

I also recommend taking a tour of Stanford's campus, it's very beautiful. would help if you said more about what you're interested in
>>
>>1202734

Gonna recommend something other than Fisherman's Wharf if you can find it, but FW is better than Soma / mid-Market / downtown. The Mission is super fun, if you can swing being there it's worth it.

You'll be fine, budget-wise. Walk and use public transit a lot. MUNI tickets are 2.25 and good for 90 minutes of unlimited use of transit save for BART. Use BART to transition the middle of the city (Mission to downtown, airport to city, etc.). UberPOOL in the city is cheap.

Cheap, great food: burritos (get a super burrito at say, Cancun, Papalote or Farolito in the Mission), banh mi (little saigon in the dodgy Tenderloin neighborhood is amazing) and food trucks. Fisherman's Wharf is also home to the only In N Out, which is insanely cheap and insanely good. Also try our local coffees if you are into coffee.

Check out the Presidio, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park (the California Academy of Sciences is COOL), Twin Peaks for views (nice hike too, if you look up Sutro Woods. Most locals don't know we have a forest in the city). The Castro is entertaining to walk through, as is the Haight.

The amount and insanity of homeless people will be a bit much at first. You get used to it.

Have specific interests? There's a lot to see and do. I can give you some cheap bars and spots to meet girls too.
>>
>>1202706
>California
>on a budget
Nigga wat.
>>
going to SF lol such a shit trip
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.