[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morocco in late February

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: -1x-1.jpg (969KB, 2200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
969KB, 2200x1467px
I'll be in Fez for three and a half days in late February. In that brief time, is it worth a trip to Marrakech, or am I better off just spending all my time in Fez? I love train rides through the countryside but there's the obvious time constraint.

Also recommendations?
>>
I wouldn't do it. Marrakech is too far away for that amount of time. If you were there one week I would do it but not in just three days.

In my opinion Fez is interesting enough for the three days and a half. You'll get lost tons of times.

If you still want to do something different than Fez you could check a day trip to Chefchaouen. I went like in a mid morning bus slept there and went back to fez at like noon next day. I don't remember the exact timing but Chefchaouen is really cool.
>>
>>1202690
Marrakech isn't all that great. If I were you I'd go to Vollubilis, a ruined Roman city in a beautiful setting. It's only 70km from Fez. From there you can either visit the little village of Moulay Idriss, or go a little bit further south to Meknes.

Also please don't oversaturate your pictures like in the OP
>>
>>1202690
Fez can be cold as fuck during that time, and there are not that many hotels in the old town. Just one or two budget places, and the rest are riads with quite a high price-tag.

Fascinating place though.
>>
>>1202690
Forgot to sa. The train ride is sweet. Very convenient. Might even be night-trains.
>>
>>1202690
Is Fez easy enough to do solo or is it worth going with a tour group?
>>
>>1202690
How safe is Fez for westerners? Specifically Muricans?
>>
>>1202879
Why would a tour group make it easier for you? It can be hard finding the hotels in the alleys (think London around 1700), but commission agents will find you. Or find your own hotel in the new part of town, and go to the old town in the day.

>>1203198
Should be safe enough. When I was there, about 10 years ago, the cops really had a sharp eye for the hustlers. If people would be "in your face" trying to pitch things, the cops would pounce immediately.
>>
File: DSC_0343.jpg (937KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0343.jpg
937KB, 1944x2592px
I went to Morocco last year.

I'd advise you to go to Rif region not Marrakesh.

here are the pros and cons of the two places.

Marrakesh
Pros
>Some good sightseeing
>Good food
>Everyone understands every language. Shit, a guy even spoke Estonian!
Cons
>Most annoying pushy people you'll ever meet ever
>Everyone will try to scam you
>Everywhere is crowded

Riff
>Beautiful natural scenery
>Entire abandoned ruins, empty beaches all for you to explore
>Amazing food
>crazy cheap, we paid the equivalent of 4 euros a night in a hotel!
>Friendliest people
>If you leave the larger towns, it looks like you traveled 300 years in the past, no signs of modernity!
cons
>Everything is dirty
>Literally no one speaks English outside of the large towns, If you don't know french memorize Arabic or local Berber words

pic related, riff region

>>>1203198
safe. People in Fez don't hate Americans. I saw some dudes wearing an American flag
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.