[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DPRK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ExcitingNorthKorea1_905.jpg (238KB, 905x678px) Image search: [Google]
ExcitingNorthKorea1_905.jpg
238KB, 905x678px
So I want to go to North Korea.

I know they do allow tourists, but no one I know has been and everybody seems to think it's a bad idea. I've done a little research and it seems like it'd be fairly safe, so long as I made sure to follow their customs and keep my westernised mouth shut.

Has anyone on /trv/ been there? Any experiences/advice/stories?
>>
Watch 2 or 3 tourist videos of NK and you'll quickly realize it's a waste of time and money.
The same thing every time, you won't be special if you do it.
You aren't in danger at any point.
You don't get any bragging rights.

Any retard can go. Pick something actually interesting instead of le spooky mysterious country that's playing you like a fiddle for them sweet amurrican dorrars to support them.
>>
>>1202679
I've been to DPRK, as have a few other posters on /trv/. It's really a no-brainer. Find a tour company, book a tour with them, go on tour. That's all there is to it. The program is decided for you so you don't have to think about where to go.

Hope you like drinking lots of beer.
>>
File: city_airlines.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
city_airlines.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>tfw your flight takes off to the North out of Incheon
>>
>>1202694
What was it like? Genuinely interested how was the food, the people you managed to speak to etc..
>>
>>1202704
There is an airline going from SK to NK?
>>
>>1202685
I'm a limey, I have no 'murican dorrar

>>1202694
Not much of drinker, in truth.
Have you got any stories from your time there? What where the people like?
>>
>>1202730
>>1202990
You're with guides at all times, they take you all day from one destination to the next, you snap pictures, then go on. Like Japanese tourists. You won't really interact with the locals other than those whose job is to interact with tourists. Not because it's forbidden but because of language.

Tour guides are very friendly and treat you like VIPs. Food is bland. Beer is surprisingly good.
>>
>>1202679
Get one of those DPRK chaperones. They'll help you avoid "problems" because if you fuck up, their lives and those of their families will pay a price.

Departures had a pretty good episode about travelling in the DPTK.

http://m.youku.com/video/id_XNTQ2MTY4ODgw_rss.html
>>
>>1204514
>DPTK

dammit... DPRK.
>>
Just pay the money and go its like any other trip.
>>
>>1204514
>Get one of those DPRK chaperones. They'll help you avoid "problems" because if you fuck up, their lives and those of their families will pay a price.
You literally cannot travel outside of your hotel without a chaperone
>>
>>1202679
You can also do bike tours now, they sounds like more 'fun' than the other guided ones. And there's the marathon, too.
>>
>>1204907
You actually can. It's just that normally foreigners are staying in the isolated island hotel, so there really isn't anything to see outside.
>>
>>1202685
>Any retard can go
Like any other country you mean? How is that an argument for not going?

>>1202694
Which tour company? I'm thinking of going with Young Pioneer Tours in the summer unless I figure out a better company.
>>
>>1204930
Name me a horel in north Korea you can leave on your own?
>>
Serious question - Is there any way to hook up with a local grill while in NK?
>>
>>1205717
absolutely 0%
>>
>>1205755
fug
>>
File: clinton.jpg (44KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
clinton.jpg
44KB, 611x404px
>>1202679
>everybody seems to think it's a bad idea
It entirely a bad idea. Do you know Bill Clinton? He seems to be only person who can promise state secrets behind closed door to get your butt home again.
>>
>>1205717
2% chance its extremely rare but it can happen.
>>
>>1205920
How? Don't you have to be accommodated by a tour guide at all times?
>>
>>1205984
Hook up with the tour guide?
>>
>>1206011
exactly. some tours can last up to 18 days. imagine having to spend nearly every hour with them normally on buses or in small cars. attraction happens i mean they are still warm blooded women after all.
>>
>>1202732
Don't believe so, politics and war and all
I think all flights come from China, maybe Russia
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.