[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where to go in America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

I'm an Irish guy looking to travel to America for about 2 weeks. Probably alone.

Thing is, I have no fucking idea where to go or what to do. I'm not really interested in overly touristy stuff like fucking Disney World or a hot beach holiday or anything like that. I wouldn't mind just going over and walking around town, getting drunk and making friends with the locals without getting mugged. I just dunno where would be a good place to do that. Also anywhere an average Irish guy can get laid is a plus. Any recommendations?
>>
Stay away from the coasts
>>
>>1202609
like literally all the coasts? is there not one nice city on coasts?
>>
New Orleans. If you are planning for something soon or next year Mardi Gras starts in Febuary.
>>
>>1202608
Boston, you can say hello to your distant cousins
>>
File: Eclipse2017_USA.png (2MB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse2017_USA.png
2MB, 1000x771px
Go and watch the eclipse
>>
>>1202614
Don't listen to that guy, the coasts are great. Just like all places there's area of the city to stay away from, but LA, New York, Seattle, blah blah are nice places to visit. I personally enjoy San Diego. I'm not into touristy stuff either but the main places you here about the USA people talk about for a reason
>>
>>1202655
>Great American Eclipse.com

It's like these people don't know what irony is.
>>
>>1202608
Portland Oregon to get drunk and make friends.
>>
If your only goal is to get drunk and meet people, dude, you can do that anywhere in the U.S.

As a generalization, the South is a bit more friendly than the north. If you go to a Southern city, people will just come up and talk to you. If you are in New York, Chicago, etc...they will most just leave you alone, minding their own business.

Other things to consider would be weather, public transportation, easy flights, and perhaps food.

If you stay out of the getto areas in the big cities you will have nothing to worry about as far as being mugged.
>>
You should go around the east coast, especially the Northeast.

>Boston -- you would do really well here
>Portland (Maine)
>New York City
>Washington DC -- full of niggers but still worth visiting
>Richmond

Cities worth knowing about but full of niggers:
>Baltimore
>Philadelphia
>>
What do you like to do?

Las Vegas is really easy to get laid in if you are an average looking dude. I'd imagine women would love your accent and eat that shit up. Plus, everyone in that town has been drinking for 8+ hours. Lot's of euro people like Vegas too.

Pretty much any city in the States has a bar district that you can get wasted and meet people in.

Tons of hot women in Wrigleyville too. I don't know if you like baseball, but Chicago is a cool town to check out a game. If you stay out of the hood you won't have any problems.

It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm so fucking tired i can barely think straight. I'll try to think of some more stuff to do in the States when i wake up. Any other questions, ask away
>>
in no particular order
>nashville
>san francisco
>new orleans
>new york
>seattle
>austin
>boston
>miami
>denver
>los angeles
>portland, oregon
>>
sup guys, i am a russian guy and i want to visit california, oceanside with my girlfriend. What do you think about it? Also, i have about $1500 for it, thats enough?
I am interested in nature, ocean and technology. Maybe i should choose another place?
>>
As a native of the DC area, I can say that you will probably be safe and find some interesting stuff to do if you stay northwest of the Anacostia.

Phoenix (Arizona, where I lived for 7 years) is also pretty good night-life wise, but there are batshit people of all races there. People in Arizona still act like it's still the Wild fucking West.
>>
>>1203137
Go to San Francisco. Get a cheap place in Oakland.

Or go north to Eugene, but you'll need a car if you do that. You'll get everything you want. Beautiful forests, cliffs, mountains. San Francisco is a global city(ish) and cool. Tad expensive. $1500 will not let 2 people get by for more than... 2 weeks. Better suggestion is to get WWOOF, or Airbnb a farm/camping ground and rent a car through Turo. Then you'll be fucking set.

>>1202608
New York, in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick neighborhoods. Get drunk at local shitty bars (the ones in Williamsburg are cool though) and weekends (Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun) are good to fuck around. Get Tinder definitely. Say in your bio you're traveling.

Stay away from Los Angeles if you're looking for culture, good times, or honesty, if you're on a shoestring budget. There is nothing here that doesn't cost a fortune that isn't a pastiche. There are some good bars and clubs, yeah, and the women are fucking beautiful. Maybe you could rent a room at someone's house in the Santa Monica Mts. But it's bloody expensive. At least New York has cheaper neighborhoods.
>>
>>1202608
This might sound autistic or boring, but why not go to the places where people live normal lives in? Meaning don't just go to goddamn Downtown LA and Santa Monica beach... go to the inner cities. Go to Pasadena, Arcadia, etc... avoid the ghetto areas tho. Anything below Montebello is pretty ghetto. No offense to those who live there, but you know what I fucking mean.

Go hike Yosemite, eat food, go to the TCL chinese theater and watch something there (reserve ur fucking seats early and don't talk to any costume faggots), etc...

For New York, well, the last time I went I had the flu so I am biased against it. But on the bus ride back to my hotel at night, I can see how beauitful New York is when you're out of the financial district.

tldr; Enjoy the cities' attractions but do not miss out on the "common things."
>>
Fuck, Boston is practically the next county over. Come visit your fucking relatives ya gom.
>>
>>1202608
Nashville TN and Orlando FL for the easy lay.
>>
Hey guys

Figured i'll ask my american questions here as Well instead of making a new thread... I as Well don't have a clue where to go for visiting America. I've got some Nice clues already in The responses above. However I was hoping some more People could help me out.

22 yo Belgian Guy looking for:
- nature to hike in (I like how Colorado looks but also The feel of The South, like bayous)
- live music. Especially rock but can be anything that's a bit more artsy. Maybe like the hipster scene in Portland or punk/hardcore scene in Boston
- open vibe for meeting new People. I don't Care to get laid, if it comes it comes
- I have a thing for american college life. So on this trip I was hoping to get a little Taste of that. Don't Care if it's cheesy or not

Think anyone could Point me in some Directions?
>>
>>1203598
>>1203598
Ashevlle NC, then off on the Appalachian Trail as far a suits you needs.
>>
>>1202608
Irish? Start in Boston, (whale-watching and loads more) then New York about my favourite city in the US.

A side trip to Niagra would be a good one too.

DESU,. that is about enough for 2 weeks if you want to see everything in the cities and round about.
>>
>>1202608
>Also anywhere an average Irish guy can get laid is a plus.
White girls in this country instantly cream their pants at Irish accents. You really have to have an officially diagnosed case of autism to not get laid in America as an Irish guy. Multiply that by five if you're going to Boston.
>>
I tend to pick an american city and then just stay there for 2 weeks. Did 2 weeks in New York, 2 weeks in Orlando, 2 weeks in Philadelphia and I'm going back to do 2 weeks in March in 2 months. I'll have to see the east coast some time but not yet.
>>
>>1203640
Meant to add my next 2 weeks is in Boston.
>>
>>1203598
Gainesville, FL

Good nature, hikes, natural springs, praries, etc
Great music scene with decades-long punk scene. hipsters everywhere
Good nightlife scene downtown
-Basically a small southern college town
-Feels more like the south than what most imagine FL is like
>>
>>1202608

With 2 weeks I'd say to just attack one coast or the other.

So either do the east coast or west coast. That's where all the interesting stuff is. East coast is more woodsy, nice people, a lot of history. West coast is a little more wild, fun and outgoing people. Middle America is not that interesting.

If you're good looking and have an Irish accent you are gonna get laid like fuck

>>1202609
what the actual fuck are you talking about
>>
>>1202693

So much this. If you have trouble breaking the ice or are kinda autistic, the southeast USA is probably the best place to go.

Good weather, friendly people, easy travel, and many many sluts.
>>
>>1203598

I would either do the southeastern usa or Colorado. If you do southeast, just start in Atlanta and either head south toward the beach or head northeast to North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
>>
>>1203598
this is a good rec >>1203605

also Fayetteville, AR

college town in the ozarks, has everything you're looking for and is pretty cheap.

also it doesn't hurt that you can slip and accidentally fall into some pussy while on dixon street
>>
>>1202608
Savannah, GA is the best place to go if you want to see the best of the south. Seattle is better than Portland. Chicago is a sweet city. New York is overrated. LA sucks balls.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.