[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dubrovnik Croatia and Kotor Montenegro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
American here

The girlfriend and i are looking at visiting this part of Europe in late August or early September.

Gonna AirBnB for our lodging

Bus between Dubrovnik and Kotor bay. Should be about a 2 hour trip right?

Anything i should see or do?

Want to go on a guided fishing trip if that's a thing.

Don't want to be around a bunch of refugees shitting the place up.

Are these places yugeeee tourist traps?

Help me out pls
>>
>>1202355
>The girlfriend and i
I find this expression funny
>>
>>1202359
Thank you for your input.
>>
>>1202355
A simple search indicates it's more likely to be 3 hours. When I went that route I just rented a car in Dubrovnik and rode it to Kotor and back. Easier that way.

Kotor is pretty touristy, mostly east Europeans.
>>
>>1202355
That bus route is along a winding road along the coast, so be careful if either of you get easily car sick. Dubrovnik is reasonably touristy (but isn't anything compared with the major western European cities). You get a good view of the city if you walk along the walls (costs a small amount). Getting the cable car up to the top of the hill and watching the sun set is nice as well. Kotor is much quieter. If you go along the bay away from the town you can rent jet-skis/kayaks and go around the bay.

I wouldn't bother going to Budva - is fairly boring and grotty.

If you like culture Cetinje is quiet and nice, full of museums. Podgorica is shit hole - don't waste your time there.

If you go to Bosnia & Herzegovina, Mostar is good to visit.
>>
I went to Croatia this summer (end of july - 10th of august) and it was extremely crowded everywhere (tourism in Croatia is rising every year). We didn't even reach Dubovnik which is supposedly even busier than the rest of Croatia. Just giving you a heads up.
>>
>>1202379
How crowded is extremely?

Like New York or Las Vegas crowded?
>>
>>1202387
like ur mom's pussy crowded
>>
>>1202401
My mom is a saint, you fucking faggot.
>>
Please don't come to Croatia, we are already too crowded of tourists
>>
>>1202355
Dubrovnik made me hate game of thrones even more tbqh

very crowded by the way. Make sure you stay inside the old walls, outside it is shit
>>
File: stradun.jpg (215KB, 766x512px) Image search: [Google]
stradun.jpg
215KB, 766x512px
>>1202387

Dubrovnik in August is like pic related.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 160x241px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 160x241px
>>1202420
Can't stop me bruh, I'll be gone in 5 days. If you see a lanky American in an STL hat, I'll buy you a beer.
>>
Go in winter. I was just there back in december and it was nice and spacious with only a few other tour groups around. The only downside is some shops dont open as its off-season and the sun sets at like 4:30pm so you have limited daylight for scenic views and photos.
>>
Well fuck, so Croatia is ruined already? How are the other balkan shitholes like montenegro, albania and romania/bulgaria?
>>
>>1202637
just because other people found out about the country before you doesn't mean it's ruined
>>
>>1202646
But is it? Tourists ruin a lot of shit, realtraveler is not a meme. What cities in Croatia are still ok? Is Split fine?
>>
>>1202654
I was in Split ~2 years ago and it was busy then. Looked a lot like the pic here; >>1202440 in the more busy parts. There's not very much to do in Split too.

We got a bus down the coast to Makarska and it was A) much nicer and B) far less busy

One good thing is that accommodation and food is very decently priced in Croatia. Cheap + nice food makes everything so much easier. I'm planning on going back this summer, basically anywhere on the mediterranean coast will be busy regardless, you get let that get in the way
>>
>>1202658
*can't let that get in the way
>>
>>1202658
Sure but there is good touristy and there is bad touristy. Chiang Mai vs Phuket etc.. There needs to be locals who aren't sick of tourists or at least local tourists keeping prices and scams down. Did you see any islands?
>>
>>1202666
no, but I know people who did

can't say much more on that
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.