[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Your Parents and Traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 9787417.jpg (116KB, 559x548px)
9787417.jpg
116KB, 559x548px
Do you share your travel plans with your parents? Especially when you're going far away?
Do they try to get involved? Do they help pay for it? Do they try to control what you do and see?

Do you just not tell them?
>>
>>1202268
>Do you share your travel plans with your parents? Especially when you're going far away?
Yes. For longer trips I give them my plan of where am on what days, and check in with them once I'm safely at a new destination.
>Do they try to get involved?
No.
>Do they help pay for it?
No.
>Do they try to control what you do and see?
No. If it's a place they have been to before they might tell me "Oh, you have to go to that place there, it's great!"
>Do you just not tell them?
For shorter trips, no. Except to message them "Hi, I went to this place, having fun."
>>
>>1202268
At what point should I stop telling my over bearing parents that I'am going far away on a trip? Especially if all I'am going to do is just fuck around, drink and maybe see a few sights?

It does seem kinda irresponsible to not inform people who love you that you're traveling far with the possibility going wrong. However you also dont want them to know that you're just going there to get high and fuck foreign woman.
>>
>>1202543
If you're old enough to travel internationally and they're not paying for it, it's none of their fucking business.

/thread
>>
I share the plans right before going, so that they read my mail while I'm on the plane already. Even if it's a weekend trip, as I don't have a really good friend where I live, so ain't nobody's gonna look for me if I drop dead. It's just pinging each other, really.
Otherwise we have a 'no news is good news' policy, so if they don't hear from me, they will assume I'm doing good.
We don't financially support each other, they're doing fine, I'm doing fine, no need to get involved that much.
>>
>share trip plans with parents
>not share trip with parents
lol. i'm literally on a 3 generation trip in japan right now.
>>
>>1202268
>Do you share your travel plans with your parents? Especially when you're going far away?
Yes
>Do they try to get involved?
no
>Do they help pay for it?
no
>Do they try to control what you do and see?
No
Nah i always tell but i don't call home let them call you
Basically this >>1202564 >'no news is good news' policy, so if they don't hear from me, they will assume I'm doing good.
>>
>>1202570
And how is that going?
>>
>>1202578
excellent. it's way easier to wrangle a 2 year old for 2 weeks away from home with 4 people than with just 2.

though i admit it's all contextual. if i was a 20 year old babby like 90% of the people here i wouldn't want my parents along, and there isn't a force on earth that could get me to travel with my wife's parents, so...
>>
>>1202579
Just depends on your family relationships. I'm perfectly fine travelling with any 1 member of my family, but there are too many strong personalities to travel with any more than that, it just devolves into arguing over what we do and how we do it. Think the last holiday I took with my entire nuclear family was when I was 13 for that reason.
>>
>>1202580
we used to be like that, but we've all mellowed out. now we do shit all together a lot.
>>
>>1202268
I'm a grown man, so my parents exert no control over what I do, travel or otherwise. Out of courtesy I let them know when I'm traveling so they understand why I might be out of touch for a little while. I may give them a call or email them some pictures while traveling, and I call when I get home safely so they don't worry. But that's as far as it goes.

They have questioned some of my destinations. My father couldn't understand why the fuck I'd go to Morocco, but he seemed to appreciate the pics I sent him from Fes. That's about as far as either of my parents would go with regard to my travel plans.
>>
>>1202268
Almost always -- but I am 50, and they in their mid 70s, some situation may be different. They are interested in where I go, and I have no reason not to tell them about it.

If I am going someplace that might make them apprehensive, I may not tell them until the last minute, so they have less time to worry.
>>
>>1202268
Yes
>Do they try to get involved? Do they help pay for it? Do they try to control what you do and see?
They used to when I was younger, not like controlling but writing me every couple days and asking for stuff they saw on the Internet. They offered financial help but I always rejected it (when hitchhiking they didn't like the idea so they tried to convince me take a bus)
No, I always told them.

Whats the matter op why wouldn't tell them?
>>
>>1202716
>Whats the matter op why wouldn't tell them?

Maybe he just wants to fuck off to screw some woman and snort coke? Who knows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.