[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

San Francisco for cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (8KB, 284x177px)
download.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
Going to San Francisco for a weekend. Any recommendations on what I can go do that's free and also restaurant and bar recommendation?
>>
>>1202214
>going to san fran for cheap
Find a secluded area of a nearby park and camp out. srs
>>
>>1202221
Staying at a hotel looking for good stuff to do
>>
>>1202214
What kinds of restaurants and bars do you like? My personal favorite bars are Molotov's, a sort of punk/dive bar in the Lower Haight (on Haight St., near Fillmore), its sister bar Lucky 13, also sort of a punk/rocker dive bar but with an excellent beer list (on Market St near... probably 15th? Sanchez? Not sure, but it's easy to find--just a few blocks, perhaps five minutes' walk, from the aforementioned), and The Residence, on 14th near Market, where the Lower Haight/Duboce Triangle starts to bleed into the Castro, which is not divey but is pretty low-key and interesting. If you are a beer person, Toronado, also on Haight near Fillmore (more or less across the street from Molotov's) has the best beer list in the city--a few dozen taps and a great bottle list that you can take away).

But these are just my neighborhood and my preferences. Hints would be useful.

As far as food goes, where are you from and what do you like to eat? We've got great, dirt-cheap Vietnamese sandwiches in the Little Saigon bit of the Tenderloin (a famously sketchy neighborhood downtown, adjacent to Union Square, which is not as dangerous as it is depressing---you'll meet a lot of dealers, addicts, and low-end prostitutes, but probably won't get hurt, and it's also home to a growing bar/nightlife and restaurant scene). Lots of very affordable Chinese food, although it's a lot better in the less-scenic Richmond or Sunset neighborhoods (just North or South of Golden Gate Park, respectively) than in Chinatown, which is still sort of fun and scenic for a wander even if it's 90% tourist garbage and 10% FOB Chinese life. Good Korean in Japantown. Famous, very good but not to everyone's taste burritos and tacos in the Mission (everyone has a favorite taqueria--mine is Pancho Villa, on 16th between Valencia and Mission, with the much grungier and cheaper El Farolito, on Mission at 24th a close second).

We've also got fancy stuff. But everything above should be pretty cheap.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 217x232px
>>1202224
>staying at a hotel
>san francisco
You shouldve mentioned you where rich as fuck in the OP
>>
>>1202282

Thanks man I'll definitely check all that out. I love all kinds of food so I'm trying as much as I can haha
>>
>>1202312
I'm not paying for the room only the food and "activities" that's why I said cheap
>>
File: 1456890839513.jpg (55KB, 369x365px) Image search: [Google]
1456890839513.jpg
55KB, 369x365px
Visit the Contemporary Jewish Museum
>>
>>1202282
well desu, i kinda dont like vietnamese food, cause their people kinda suck. I'm also afraid of the smell, they might smell oniony.

i hope there aren't too many koreans either cause they're the worst koreans
>>
File: 1475469128801.jpg (70KB, 598x596px) Image search: [Google]
1475469128801.jpg
70KB, 598x596px
Visit Oakland.

They got dank ass weed.
>>
File: strong.png (246KB, 179x487px) Image search: [Google]
strong.png
246KB, 179x487px
>>1202214
You're gonna see a lot of PHRESH, and POWERFUL Filipinos over there. Hopefully you're power levels are on par with them.

Here's an example of a typical POWERFUL FLIP.

This is like the final boss of San Francisco.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.