[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iceland Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey,

Hope there are some Iceland bros here. I was wondering if I could get some help, as I have some questions regarding what it would take to fly to Iceland and have a fun time.

1) What are the best times of the year to travel there? I prefer mild to cold weather. I know there's a saying of "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes" but I'd like an overall idea.
2) Is Icelandair my best bet? They are by far much cheaper than other airlines, at least round-trip.
3) Is Airbnb a good option? I've seen some good places there.

Thank you all to those that can shed light on any of these questions. I've always wanted to go to Iceland, and I hope to one day be able to do so.
>>
>>1201699
1) Depends on what you want to do. But in general, more things are doable in the summer.
2) Icelandair is fine, you won't have any problems. Also you can try combine it with a bigger intercontinental trip, since they let you do an Iceland stopover for the same price for a few days, then continue on.
3) Dunno, but lodging isn't cheap.
>>
>>1201699

Been to Iceland a few times, in winter and summer.

1.) If you don't like cold maybe go in May or June. I was there around then and it was in the 50s, colder in the countryside. But then again maybe it was an off year.

2.) Where are you flying from? Icelandair is comfy and relatively inexpensive, but certainly not the cheapest. There's an airline called WOW air that flies from Boston and New York for about $350, but from what I heard its Ryannair level low quality.

3.) Yeah Airbnb could be good. I've only ever stayed with friends in Iceland so I can't help you much with accommodation.
>>
>>1201714
>>1201706

Thanks fellas.

Flying from Texas, USA. I'm mostly interested in nature seeing/hiking. Not really interested in doing any city stuff, save for maybe one night. I'm a composer, so I just want to see what Iceland is like while I get some writing done.
>>
>>1201699
www.wowair.us

try a bunch of dates. I found a flight in the spring for 226 round trip from east coast.
>>
>>1201699
Re
Iceland benefits from the Gulf Stream, so its winters are generally less severe temperature-wise than much of continental Europe. More to the point is that in December-January sunrise is around 11am and sunset around 3pm.

Iceland is really expensive when you're there (speaking as a britbong), but it is breathtakingly beautiful and really does look and feel like the edge of the world as it is.
>>
stay out!
>>
>>1201717

Expect to spend at least $50 per day, and that's if you're staying in a hostel dorm, eating hot dogs, and not going out to drink. A fucking pitcher of beer in a Reykjavik bar costs around $10.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.