[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Travel Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 20170109_202731.png (3MB, 2560x1439px)
20170109_202731.png
3MB, 2560x1439px
How do you all deal with the jittery restlessness that comes with coming home after travelling?

Being home feels eerie, as if everything is at a standstill. I half heartedly expected home to be different after 6 months away, hoping somethings had changed and there was a lot to catch up on. Yet, it's exactly how i remember it, and i can't stand the mediocraty of life here.
>>
>>1201478
Improve your life, simply put. You should have a life you're excited to get back to, whether that be a friends, a hobby, or a job that you love. The ideal you should be striving for is travel being a fantastic part of your life you look forward to, not the thing it revolves around.
>>
>>1201478
Not everyone hate their life anon.
>>
I know that feeling, but for me its a bit different; I sort of look forward to it because I cling to stability.

It is a little eerie, but its a good thing I think. The truth is that life can be mediocre everywhere. I live in a regional tourist city, so its kind of funny. People are coming here to the place I wanna get away from for a while to feel what I need to leave here to experience.

So you see, its everywhere.

I have a different sort of problem, anxiety, I guess. I came here hoping someone might have some encouragement. My nerves are shot and I leave for vacation tomorrow and I haven't taken a major trip in a very long time.

Planning this trip has made me even more a nervous wreck. I am not a lucky person and Im frankly terrified. I hate flying. And in planning, I learned I have next to no faith in my own competence. I also learned I am fundamentally pessimistic at a core emotional level which makes me paranoid as well.

To make things worse, a small plane just crashed from the airport I am leaving from, and there was a mass shooting right next to where I am arriving. I feel horrible that I will be trying to have fun just like they were and they were murdered, many late in life. Im terrified I will mess something up and get stranded.

Terrified. I've had more shots of whiskey this week than the last year. I even re-watched 'Final Destination' looking for clues. Im even thinking about visiting the church to pray for myself and those victims except after so long I would feel like a hypocrite.

Christ I can barely even breathe the last few days...
>>
File: 1283266668481.jpg (869KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1283266668481.jpg
869KB, 1600x1000px
>>1201499

... Anyways, dont worry OP. Think of your time away as a window or door that will always be there and co-exists alongside you. Thats what I will do, so I can remember that my escape is there when I need it. Your direction and perspective are shaped by your wishes, not your surroundings.

So often, living in a tourist town myself, I am reminded how one persons prison is another persons paradise. You find poverty, dreams, new life, heartbreak and ambition everywhere.

So cheer up OP. They used to say the 'weather is in your head'. Well, the same could be said about your coordinates. Where you are and where you feel are two different things. Its how you see it. Some people see an empty field and its a desolate plain. Others see opportunity or refuge.

Consider, OP: I am leaving one tourist town to go to another. And when I get there, I will see someone working there who is thinking "If only I could get out of this routine, out of this place".

I bet even people living in Vegas and Orlando occasionally think "If only I could get out, if only there was something here".

Take care OP, and be blessed.
>>
>>1201493
Thanks anon, thats very insightful.

>>1201497
Dont necessarily hate my life, I just dont like stagnating for too long.

>>1201499
>>1201500
Safe travels on your trip, anon. Thanks for that
>>
File: hubbledeepfield2.jpg (1MB, 3100x3100px)
hubbledeepfield2.jpg
1MB, 3100x3100px
>>1201493

This is good advice. In fact, I myself am making appointments for when I return just to reinforce a sense of continuity. I dont think I could enjoy a vacation as much if I felt it was somehow isolated from regular life, compartmentalized, I need to approach it as an integrated piece of living experience, not a geographic exception to life itself. Treating something as a dream makes it a little less real. So I will treat my vacation as a reminder of what is possible, rewards of discipline etc.

Ive been many places just in life. Sometimes, the evening stars help tie it all together in my head. I will look up and think of all the places Ive been where people are seeing the same stars at the same time.
>>
>>1201504
>I will look up and think of all the places Ive been where people are seeing the same stars at the same time.

I like that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.