[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cancun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_9739.jpg (66KB, 550x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9739.jpg
66KB, 550x390px
Thinking of going to Cancun with a couple friends for Spring Break, any good all-inclusive deals out there?

Any tips or advice on what to expect if I go?
>>
I live in cancun. I work in an hotel here as concierge, so I can help you with some things:
All inclusive is a meme. You pretty much can be satisfied with food you can purchase or just dinning outside and, in the end, it's pretty much the same price. Depending on how are you doing your reservation will dictate how much you're actually paying for it. I think when reserving via OTAs, the AI plan is already on the price but I don't have much knowledge about it. If you can save money on an hotel that allows you to have an European plan reservation, go for it.
Avoid OPCs.
If you're planning to go dinning, actually going to your hotels concierge and reserving can give you a promotion, at the end of the day, both get benefitted from it.
Sometimes, making tours reservations online can be cheaper than doing them here, or sometimes not, depends. There's lots of travel agencies here that compete. Like when you're purchasing a TV, visit three different agencies for their prices.
There's Uber here already, so depending, it can be cheaper using it from the airport to your hotel, avoid taxis as they can charge you more than it should. If transportation is needed, try using the public bus instead, it's way cheaper, and it's fairly safe.
>>
>>1201278
>cancun
basic bitch-tier
>>
>>1201278
>Any tips or advice on what to expect if I go?

Don't expect to get laid, as the male to female ratio is like 4:1
Don't expect to sleep much since the place will be invaded by drunk 18 y-o that yell in the hotel at 5 am
>>
American tourists everywhere
>>
I'm gonna be there next week for my honeymoon. Not at an all inclusive. Booked dinner resos at Tempo one night. Anywhere else I should eat/drink concierge-anon?
>>
>>1201278
Don't bring dollars.You'll get scammed on the exchange rate.
>>
>>1201419
Not OP but I'm interested in going to Cancun this summer, so any info would be appreciated. What are "OTA" and OPC?
>>
Gringos everywhere and plenty of normies getting drunk easily.
>>
>>1201889
Ota is "online travel agency", such as shitxpedia or booking. They buy blocks of rooms and sell the bookings. Usually cheaper, but it would be worth checking what the hoteliers website can offer.

An OPC means "outside public contact", which is a person giving away tours or gifts in order so that you're in obligation to attend a sales presentation, usually timeshares. If you're a stroker (a person that accepts a time share meeting only for the gifts while not buying anything) you can play along, so that when arriving to your hotel, most definitely your assigned concierge will invite you to, yet another sales presentation, again in exchange for gifts.
The presentation itself can take half a day, so I don't recommend it.
>>
>>1201809
Uh... Harry's is fine but a little expensive. If you're planning on having a somewhat authentic Mexican food, I recommend you to go around the Yaxchilan Avenue, that has lots of restaurants of the like, usually cheaper than the main hotel zone. Just be careful of not being be drunk over there... Bring Mexican cash if you can.

Quesadillas or "kekas" stands are mostly everywhere, it's cheap and it's okay food.
Also, you should check Las palapas Park, lots of little restaurants, but the quality is varying. Lots of vendors stands btw, but at least it's safer than the rest of the city. Grab a map from your hotels concierge or just check Google maps.
>>
>>1201958
When you say 'safer', what are we talking about? The usual tourist area scammers and bag grabbers? Or something worse? What are knife laws like in Mexico? Am I gonna get arrested if I bring my EDC blade?
>>
>>1202162
Safer as in robbers,scammers and bag grabbers. Pickpockets are next to non existing. But still be careful. Police is present in the most tourist busy places.
And no, I don't think you'll be arrested by carrying a knife, we're not cucked. If anyone asks, just say that it's like a Swiss knife or for self defense.
>>
Tulum or Chichen Itza?

Leaning towards Chichen Itza, but it's gonna eat up almost a whole day. It looks cool as shit, but is it worth it?

What about renting a car in MEX? Seems like a pain in the butt/expensive. Worth it or no?
>>
>>1201278

How old are you? If you are over 25 you might be a little annoyed at the "Spring Break" meme. It's a million Americans all getting as fucked up as the possibly can and acting like pigs. And the Mexicans resent it, as they should. If you're 18 - 21 you'll probably find it fun as hell, but if you're older your just be annoyed by the childishness of it. My advice if you want something a bit more refined and laid back is to go another time than the Spring Break 3 week period.

But hey if it's what you want.

As for hotels, do not go all inclusive. You don't really save any money, and the Mexican staff at AI resorts often don't give a single fuck about you. They already have your money and the service will be absolute shit.

As for hotels, there's a ton of good ones. Just look at the reviews on trip advisor. Try to get something averaging around 4 stars. If it has 3 stars or less, avoid it.

Definitely get something on the beach. Don't go bargain basement, spend a little bit to get something nice. $100 a night will get you a nice place on the beach.

Get some of that Mexican weed. So cheap and so refreshing.

Also the swim with Dolphins experience is great.
>>
>>1201430

>male to female ratio is like 4:1

No it isn't. In some clubs and spots it's bad, like 60/40 men to women, but most spots are 50/50. And there are beautiful women from all over the world. Just don't be too aggressive, be there for fun, exploration, and some dancing.
>>
File: feefee.jpg (116KB, 690x380px) Image search: [Google]
feefee.jpg
116KB, 690x380px
When i was younger I would stay in the all inclusive resorts, and I never ventured outside. I mean why go outside when everything is provided inside the resort where it's safe. But it turns out that that's not even the real Mexico. This things are owned by multinational corporations. The food is usually mediocre. No better than what you get at a discount buffet, and the drinks are usually watered down. you are also surrounded by drunk kids(this is fun when you are one of them), and everyone speaks English. Pretty much the same vibe I get back home, but $1500 more expensive.

Now I stay at small hotels when I go down there. Specially in playa del carmen. I also like to explore and pick my own restaurants. The jungle is also fun. You will see monkeys and exotic birds, and hopefully no jaguars. Also visiting the islands is awesome (Cozemel and Isla Mujeres). And for the best snorkeling you can't go wrong with the barrier reef right off Puerto Morelos beach. And you can still go clubbing (without the corny resort coordinators)
>>
>>1202681
The ruins at Chichen Itza are more complete and grand-scale. Tulum is smaller and a bit more "ruined." Beautiful spot on the sea, though.

Between the ruins at Chichen Itza along the paths between the various sites, they have 800,000 vendor stalls, which can b annoying if the effort taken to ignore them irritates you.

I liked Coba better than either, really -- still pretty "swallowed by the jungle," which is cool, it is bigger than Tulum, and though the pyramids are more ruined than the big one at CI, they still let you climb the big one at Coba. If you do go there, rent bike shortly after.the entrance -- structures in Coba are more spread out along paths with not much to se between but trees.
>>
>>1202712
Did you go during Spring Break?
Anyway I went once and yeah there were way too many guys.
They don't call it "Mancun" for no reason
>>
File: P1140359.jpg (5MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
P1140359.jpg
5MB, 3456x4608px
>>1202759
Tulum
>>
File: P1020247.jpg (5MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
P1020247.jpg
5MB, 4000x3000px
>>1202955
Coba
>>
File: P1140119.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P1140119.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
>>1202957
Itsa Chicken
>>
>>1202772

Ive been during SB and other times too.
>>
>>1202958
Chicken and pizza
>>
File: sausage-fest.jpg (23KB, 441x302px) Image search: [Google]
sausage-fest.jpg
23KB, 441x302px
>>1202772

hahaha "Mancun", so true
>>
>>1202961
I am now changing my internal jokey name for "Chichen Itza" from "It's a Chicken" to "Chicken Pizza."
>>
>>1203064
Yeah, it's a joke over here too.
>>
File: Merida11.jpg (334KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Merida11.jpg
334KB, 1600x1200px
>>1201278
>>1201419

I'm staying in Merida for almost a month, mid-Jan to Mid-Feb. No set itinerary. Would love to see small towns with no amenities. Recommendations? Any good cenotes that aren't populated? Would like to meet female travelers as well. Not a priority though as much as seeing interesting shit.
>>
>>1203149
Well... Theres many out there but Merida and Yucatan aren't necessarily my thing. I'll give you an update when I find out more info for you.
As for what to do in Merida, there's lots to do. As another anon mentioned, the center and the main Avenue are pretty fun to go to.
>>
File: IMG_1692.jpg (969KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1692.jpg
969KB, 3264x2448px
>>1201809
So, like I said, I was gonna be in Cancun this week for my honeymoon. Having a great time so far, but here's some thoughts:

1. Watch out for the time share sellers. They try to grab you as soon as you've cleared customs. They disguise themselves while they arrange a ride to your hotel, but as soon as that's done they start the spiel. I had to literally walk away because they wouldn't stop talking.

2. I knew it was going to be touristy, but holy shit it's touristy!

3. Hotel Zone is long as fuck. Took a five mile walk yesterday and only saw half of it. Apparently Uber is illegal in the state of Quintana Roo, but not anywhere else in Mexico. So you're taking cabs or buses. Cabs have been fairly cheap and clean so far. Can't speak to the buses.

I did book a dinner at Harry's if you're still monitoring this thread, concierge-anon. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>1204635
That's good my dude, where you staying?
Also, what you just described were the time share seller or as we know then:OPCs

Try to avoid downtown as for now; and market 28, they often sell fake shit.
Check out the Maya museum and La isla shopping mall. Over there it's one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen and the place is cute. Restaurants of varying caliber but often expensive.

Also, do mind Harry's is kinda expensive. I have a catalogue of recommended restaurants over my desk, maybe tomorrow I might check it out.

Have fun.
>>
How is the red light district? How does it compare to Tijuana?
>>
>>1204668
I'm at the Westin Royal Beach Club. Nice spot. Away from the main drag. Can't complain so far. Everyone here has been great. Foods pretty meh, but that's expected.

Went to Tempo for dinner last night. Had the Chef's menu with wine pairings. Really great.

Going to Hacienda Sisal tonight. Trying to get an 'authentic' Mexican meal. We'll see.

Booked for Navios tomorrow and Harry's on Saturday. Flying out Sunday.

Beaches here are great. Nice amount of surf, but not to rough.

Been drunk every night. It's been great.
>>
Are zetas a real menace? I read they are blackmailing.
>>
>>1205776
Not really, if you're a normal tourist, as long as you don't go into deep downtown, you'll be fine. Police is by the hotel zone 24/7. Sicarios don't target random civilians, only drug dealers and enemies. So as long as you keep out of trouble, it's safe.
>>
>>1201424
>not wanting to be an Ohio State sorority girl who takes selfies with her friends drinking at bars in a Senor Frogs t-shirt

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.