[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bali general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: rquLbOY.jpg (973KB, 3629x2722px) Image search: [Google]
rquLbOY.jpg
973KB, 3629x2722px
Alright bros, I'm going on my honeymoon to Bali in less than 24 hours. We work so much we've done literally no planning for three weeks. Help me.
We have a map and we're gonna rent motorbikes in Denpasar. We don't know wtf we're doing or where to go.
Obviously we'd like to avoid the tourist traps. We're both /out/ists so hikes are on the agenda. Should we be scared of Dengue? We're just taking a tarp and wool blanket for camping.

Also Bali general if you like
>>
I don't even know if dengue is in Bali, so can't help assess risk, but I do know that you'll be unhappy if you get it, or any of several tropical horrors.

DEET is your friend.
>>
File: DSC_0378.jpg (2MB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0378.jpg
2MB, 3000x1987px
>>1200503
There's no risk of dengue or malaria on bali.

>>1200476
Renting motorbikes is a neat idea, it's a great way to get around.

If you'd like to avoid tourist traps, avoid Denpasar, Kuta and the general south area of the coast.

The area around Ubud is touristic as fuck, but it's kinda worth it, as it's basically the cultural center of Bali.
I'd recommend going to see the rice fields around that area, if you're going past Jatiluwih, a really nice and serene place to visit is the Pura Luhur Batukaru temple.

I'd really recommend visiting the central mountainous area around Tamblingan and Buyan lakes if hiking is your thing, you've got nice waterfalls, jungle hikes, fun scenery, etc.
North of the lakes, towards Singaraya and Bubunan is also a neat area without almost any tourists to see some local villages, rice terraces and so on.

As for swimming, I'd say the north coast is better, the pacific is a bit calmer there than the indian ocean, although surfing is much better in the south.

Go for a dive or two, there's some really neat dive areas, like Menjangan for example and there's some to the north-east and so on. Or you could make a trip to the Gili islands.
>>
>>1200578
Dengue fever exists in Bali, i know from personal experience. Bring a mosquito net and repellant. Mount Batur is a nice hike especially if you start at 2 in the morning so that you get to the top in time for the sunrise then you can hike down to one of the outdoor bath resorts.

But be carefull when hiring a bike since the trafic is left lane and that the police is quite corrupt and may give you a ticket if all of your rental/license papers are not 100% in order.

As the guy above me said the Gili islands are really nice but cluttered with tourists, recomend going snorkling with a boat here, plenty of turtles.
>>
Ubud is the only nice place in bali. Hop over to lombok. Eat at poco loco.
>>
>>1200601
>the police is quite corrupt and may give you a ticket

This is really rare unless you're a shirtless, helmetles austrialian joyriding around Kuta.

If the police actually stop you, just be nice, squeeze them a 50k (3€ or so) into their pockets and you're set.
>>
Leaving now, thanks guys!
>>
>>1200615
>police aren't corrupt
>give them a bribe

Yeah..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.