[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no-show consolation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (70KB, 270x177px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
70KB, 270x177px
Who here has had a no show that really devastated them?
I've had one just recently and it's really pissing me off
Fucking hell what a waste of money ($700).

Has this ever happened to you /trv/ellers, if not I understand I am the only idiot that posts on this board, but could actually miss a flight.
>>
>>1200338
I'm in a situation now where I bought a cheap flight with Norwegian air to fly to the UK but now I know I can't go yet Norwegian won't charge back my card even though my flight is almost a month away
I understand the whole empty seat because you canceled if it was last minute but not when you have 20+ days to fill the seat
Is there some way to get my money charged back to my city card? From what I've read you can't from that airline
US laws suck for consumers
>>
No one has experience trying to get refunds on "non refundable" tickets?
I wish I could sell it to someone but the return trip is like four weeks apart
>>
>>1200338
I had one where I missed the first leg of a multi leg flight. I was there in time, but too late to check luggage. I bought a cheap ticket to my 2nd leg and boarded there. Though being a budget airline the baggage fees for being overweight cost more than the ticket, but as this was for work ir was all covered. Got no kickback from it either.

Outside of that, I have had some close calls. Like shitty Bangkok traffic and trying to get to the airport. Other close calls, as well.
>>
>>1200342
When I had to cancel with Delta the flight was days away. I just had to pay a $150 cancellation fee, and since I got the insurance they sell with the ticket I was reimburses. So I was only out the insurance money, which wasn't that much.
>>
>>1200659
I did not get the insurance because I'm an idiot and apparently this Norwegian air has the worst customer service
I wonder how much the credit card company can do for me, just a regular citi credit card
>>
>>1200338
I've never no showed, but I don't do the 5am flights anymore. That's just torture to get up that early. Since you can early check-in online or change a reservation online, I'm not entirely sure how you no show on a flight anymore than if you actually just slept in? What happened OP?
>>
File: 1424777761771.png (537KB, 692x577px)
1424777761771.png
537KB, 692x577px
A neighbor of mine once missed a flight to his first vacation in 10 years because it departed on the 25th at 1 am, but he arrived at the airport on the 25th a bit before midnight, expecting to get on the 1 am flight only to realize he was effectively a whole day late.

He was pretty bummed about it and while some people laughed about it, I felt as if I'd could be absentminded enough for that to happen to me at some point as well.
>>
>>1200338
I once misread a ticket that was booked by an event I was attending, and arrived at the airport 15 hours early. Once I (and the bemused check-in lady) deciphered what the problem was, I went home, and about 3 hours later got an e-mail that the event had been cancelled and not to come.

Not what you were talking about, but still...
>>
>>1200666
When you book a ticket,you enter into a contract -- if that contract said that, if you change your mind, you are shit out of luck, then you are shit out of luck.

That said, most airlines allow you to pay a "change fee" of 1-2 hundred bucks, cancel the flight and rebook it later, which is better than nothing. Ask the airline, or read the fine print in the contract you entered into.
>>
>>1200338
I almost missed an overlay flight in stockholm airport because I am a retard and waited at the wrong gate. Took me good half hour of running through that giant ass aiport while they where calling my name via loudspeakers.
I arrived 5 minutes before departure at the closed gate but they still let me in.
Thank you based Svens
>>
>leave house with 6 hours to go, driving to an airport 2,5 hours away
>roads to city are absolute shit, can't go faster than 60 km/h
>several roadblocks along the way, huge trucks slowly rolling along, ended up waiting half an hour at one point
>alright, it took a little bit longer than thought but it should be fine once we reach the main roads
>massively underestimate traffic when driving into big city
>barely moving, decide to take another road
>get lost, stop and jog up to some dude with shades on just chilling there
>for some reason thinks I'm about to start the convo in russian, mumbles something in russian about not speaking it
>I aks him in english which road I should take to reach the airport and if with traffic I have any chance of getting there on time
>he points out where I need to go but says he really doubts it, about 30 minutes to go at this point
>step on it, weave through traffic like a madman, about to shit myself
>heart about to pop out from chest
>reach the airport, 15 minutes to go
>step in
>MASSIVE queue at the entrance
>feel like I'm gonna pass out, really don't want to miss this flight
>slowly crawl along, tapping my foot and looking at my watch even though it doesn't help at all, muttering how fucked I am
>recalculating how fast I'd have to run with every passing minute
>get through security, bolt for the gates which are supposedly closing in 45 seconds
>must've looked like a maniac
>reach near the gates, slow down to a standstill
>literally no one's been able to even go in yet, there's been a delay
>continue to stand in the line for an hour while laughing out of relief at all the panic for nothing
>>
>>1200760
I have hadthe panic/almost missed flight only to have it be delayed as well.
>>
Jsust a few days ago I missed my flight to Vietnam. Instead of being a sadcunt and buying the ticket again for the next day I booked a flight to Bangkok, went to Cambodia, with plans of going to Vietnam after. Same countires different route
>>
>>1200760
haha I know that feeling!
I am notoriously late to everything, I am always running 15 mins behind schedule but now I am a little more pedantic about checking departure updates online and traffic/travel times from my hotel to the airport.
I've had some very close calls in the past and I've been that guy that is being called over the intercom to make himself known to airline staff but luckily have not missed a flight yet.
>>
>>1200705

I changed a flight from New Delhi to Detroit. My ticket was originally for about $900; Delta demanded a minimum change fee of $350. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Last time I had to cancel a flight outright was last February. I'd planned to fly from DTW to Mexico City but wound up staying in India a month longer than I planned and didn't have money for Mexico. Luckily, JetBlue has laid-back cancelation policies. They docked $25 or $30 off my paid fare and issued the rest back as credit valid for another year.
>>
File: 1241571976847_f.jpg (39KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1241571976847_f.jpg
39KB, 500x406px
>work at transport company call centre
>get a call every few days about taking the trip they did a no-show on three weeks ago and changing it for a trip next week
>"what do you mean you won't change it, I will call the police"
>me
>>
>>1200948
Some people are really unreasonable, but I was a couple minutes late TO THE GATE (the plane was still there), and they said I can't go in

fucking bullshit
>>
>>1200338

>UK fag going to Rome for business (first opverseas business trip)
>Also meeting Polish qt who I took virginity from a few months back
>Co-workers retirement party the night before
>Flight leaves at 9am
>Wake up feeling refreshed
>Wake up at 11am
>Ultra panic mode
>Luckily meeting is on Monday and it's Sunday
>Noworries.jpg
>Book evening flight from Heathrow
>Have to pay for it myself (obviously) so now I'm skint
>Get to airport with 1h 30 until flight
>Massive queues due to fog the night before
>Get to check in with 46 mins left
>While she's checking me in looks puzzled
>"Sorry sir I it took more than a minute to put you through the system and now too late to check in"
>My whole life is flashing before my eyes at this point
>My ticket has already been allocated to another person, nothing anyone can do
>Go to help desk
>Two guys ahead of me with the exact same issue
>"Sorry but you have to pay for another ticket as you were here under 2 hours before your flight"
>I can't afford to buy another ticket
>Literally thinking about how I tell my parents I got fired and I'm moving back home
>Actually consider getting on my knees and begging
>My turn
>"Yeah I was here since LIES O'CLOCK so it wasn't my fault"
>She actually believes it
>Get free ticket
>After missing two flights I finally get to Rome at 12am
>Polish qt waiting for me at hotel
>I did her in the bum
>Meeting went well
>All's well that ends well
>>
>>1202012
Oh shit nice job
>>
>had to fly back to school
>was going to take the trolley 3 hours early because I'm a paranoid fuck
>sister offers to give me a ride
>accept because it's a nice gesture and I never really get to hang out with my sister
>90 minutes before the flight, ready to leave
>sister locks the knob from the inside of the house out of habit instead of keying the bolt
>we get to her car and she realizes her keys are in the house still
>call my friend and ask him to drive his ass out to where I live and take me
>he shows up 45 mins before my flight
>there's traffic because it's 5pm in California
>show up to the terminal with 7 minutes to spare
>airline won't let me check in even though the airport is dead and security was empty

Fucking Alaska.
>>
>>1201971
Know the rules. The boarding pass clearly states "gate closes 10 minutes before departure" or something like that. There is a reason why they won't reopen the gate. They're not going to have the entire flight delayed because one moron showed up late.

If it wasn't your fault (like missed connection) then they'll book you on the next flight.
>>
>>1200761
Happened to me once in an even more weird way. I ran to the counter in panic hoping I could still make it, they just looked at me and said "uh, your flight is 3 hours from now."

I checked, and the boarding pass e-mailed me that morning still had the time I had looked at. Turns out there was a change/delay in the flight time, and I didn't get any message or information about it. On the plus side, I complained, and they gave me some miles as apology.
>>
File: 1465594565348.gif (3MB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
1465594565348.gif
3MB, 300x237px
>>1202012
>I did her in the bum
Niiiiiice...
>>
>>1202012
>I did her in the bum
What's with Brits (and others as well) and ass fucking?
>>
>>1202073
it feels good
>>
>>1202100
Vagina objectively feels better. The anus is nominally tighter, but the vagina is self lubricating and just better in every way. I think anal is mostly a mental sadist/domineering thing. It's not the actual physical feeling, but the mental feeling of sticking it in someone's but. Unless you have a small dick, than it may objectively feel/be better. I guess there is also the no pregnancy angle, if raw dogging it.
>>
>>1200760
>recalculating how fast I'd have to run with every passing minute

Haha I know this exact feel. Normally I'm laid back and casually late to things but international travel puts me in a whole other headspace where I'm practically counting every minute.
>>
>>1202100
no it's fucking disgusting what the fuck she shits from there
>>
>>1202158
>objectively feel better

I think you brain has been fried by chad science.
>>
>>1202158
Agree with you there. The butt is tighter but pussy just feels so much better and more natural.
>>
>>1202012
Oh my God, dude. I'm feeling extremely insecure about fucking it up on my next trip right now.
>>
>>1202249
i tiny whole in the wall is tighter than a vagina
A fleshlight can be tighter than a vagina, doesn't mean it's better

Vaginal sex is natural, and feels the best
>>
>>1202313
Count minutes, and plan well well in advance

The good thing about me is I genuinely enjoy exploring airports, so even getting there 3 or 4 hours early for me isn't a big dea

As for waking up for early flights, this always makes me anxious as fuck.
What if the alarm doesn't ring?
What if the phone dies?
What if the alarm doesn't wake me up?
What if, what if, what if?

I usually set multiple alarms if I have to get up early for a flight, and sometimes when I'm really nervous, I tell a friend (who is usually up that early, to give me a ring 15 minutes after I was meant to get up, just to check in).
>>
>>1202249
Chad science would be preferring anal, actually
>>
>>1200338
Missed my flight in Budapest by a few minutes because everyone kept having me run to a different person on a different side of the terminal.
After freaking out and trying to find a way to get a later flight found one corner with WiFi and bought new tickets. The second I did the WiFi shit out and I couldnt use it anymore.
Went back to the last person I went to and they told me where to wait to not worry about missing my flights.
Landed in London and the Flight to the US was delayed so I had to talk to the airline agent about new tickets for the flight. We chat a little about how I missed my other flight and trying to get back since work starts the next day. Gets me first class International flight seats as "compensation for the flight delay"
Get a bonus to my miles too.
Easy flying from then on out.

Thanks American Air dude in London.
>>
>>1200655
Depends on the airline. I recently cancelled a $2500 'non refundable' itinerary with Air New Zealand, and managed to get $2100 back.

Call the hotline and be polite and explain (or make up a good excuse) as to why you are cancelling.
>>
Missed a connecting flight once, only had 30 min to change in Vancouver and missed the daily cross-pacific flight. I was expecting to get BTFO'd but because my flight to the airport was delayed (only by 10 min) on the tarmac they let me catch the flight the next day and paid for a hotel room at the airport.

Shit was actually pretty cash except for the fact I missed the first day of a music festival I bought $300 tickets for.
>>
>>1202910
Norwegian Air, not known for decent customer service unlike New Zealand which is
>>
>>1202020

Why didn't you just take a taxi?
>>
>>1202540
Generally, if I have a really early flight (before 6 AM)
I won't even go to sleep the night before. I just stay up and aim to arrive at the airport about 2 hours before the flight.

Personally, never missed a flight. Did come close once though. Was leaving Los Angeles to head back home to Atlanta with a friend, thought we had about 50 minutes until boarding started. So we walk from our terminal to the next one over to grab some fast food. Get our food, and as we get back to the terminal we hear our names over the loudspeakers. We were about 10 minutes from missing the flight because it was 50 minutes from departure when we left, not 50 minutes to boarding. On a separate occasion, a friend did miss the flight back from LA with us. His flight was at 10 AM but he never told us, and we thought he was on our 4 PM flight.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.