[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What if anon came across a small fortune of 500k united states dollars (USD)

What country would it go the farthest in where he could get the most out of his money?
>>
>>1200182
Do you want safe or do you want it to go far?

If you want it to go the farthest look at south america or some African country.

If you want it to go a bit far but be "safer", you might want to check out some Asian country like South Korea or such.
>>
>>1200182
Live the generic expat life in Thailand, minus the freelancing.
>>
>>1200185
Thanks friend

I was thinking north Korea actually but I'm scared they'll either see a large white boy and shoot anon or take all his money, Africa could work as well but anon doesn't like the thought of niggers with guns, I would have to bite the bullet and go after warlords and Shit, rewarding but I don't feel like hiking in the planes of Africa with lions and shit, just to kill a few niggers

Shit feels like I'm I'm a movie now, if y'all hear about a new American defector In North Korea or hear about some crazy shit happing in Africa you'll know who it was ;)
>>
>>1200197
Expat?
>>
>>1200182
At that level you aren't rich enough for money laundering hubs. You'll have the most options in tropical heat and may have to own a non-sexy front business. Thailand, Kenya and Nigeria are good options. Indonesia, The Philippines and something on the West African coast may be options. If you want to avoid heat and Russia then the Andes would be a good option. Perhaps a building in Peru where you have the penthouse and can tap into local culture and tourists with mixed retail/hotel/hostel floors?
>>
>>1200182
Lima Peru
>>
File: hurr.png (107KB, 234x244px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
107KB, 234x244px
>>1200204
>I was thinking north Korea

This is bait or OP is on some spectrum
>>
I would shove the entire thing into a good mutual fund or hedge fund and immediately fuck off to southeast asia/the caribbean and live off half the yearly interest

500k is "set up for life" money, not "waste over a few years" money
>>
>>1200412

You can live off $20k/yr?
>>
>>1200197
>Live the generic expat life in Thailand, minus the freelancing.
500k wouldn't give you much in Thailand these days.
>>
>>1200420
>You can live off $20k/yr?
That's around 1800 dollars per month.
6000 baht.
A small condo studio in Bangkok will cost you 15-20k baht.
40k baht for food, bills etc.

A short time with ladyboy will cost 1500-2000
You can safely spend around 500 baht per day for good food. So that is is 15000bah for food per month(you could do it cheaper if you cook yourself or eat cheaper less quality stuff)

Condo-15k
Food-15k
Ladyboys 2x long time-10k

40k so far.
Doable, but not really glamorous or extravagant existence.
>>
>>1200420
Not in the US but most likely easily in another country like some where in asia

20k/yr is like 1500 a month depending on taxes and fees. It wouldn't be the richest life but completely doable
>>
>>1200182
Romania is pretty dope.
murricash is 4 lei to the dollar.

a $40 delivery from pizza hut will only set you back like 9.60.
>>
>>1200204
>north Korea
Have you ever heard the idiom "A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted"

You need to read about the best retirement for expats rankings and just pick one that's also good for American-friendliness. It aint North Korea. You can't just up and move anywhere you want as an American either. Ecuador was the last place that ranked highest, but it's dropped to second due to some recent crime.
My top picks for affordability and safety would be Costa Rica or Spain for affordability, St. John, and no risks to Americans. If it were a matter of investing my money, I'd buy an eco-lodge on the shore or adjacent to a National Park. I could be happy in St. John or Panama, but you need about 3x the money you have to start off. If you desire to never ever work again. Get a trailer or condo on the West Coast of Florida, like Port Charlotte/Peace River area, or really anywhere north of Naples but south of Sarasota prices.

500k isn't considered much of a retirement. If you were happy on 50k/year back home, it'd only buy you 10 years. Abroad, it might buy you 15-20. It's not as much as you think, and also, it's the minimum should you want citizenship (like in Grand Cayman). That much money is good to invest in a college education and get yourself a more international career choice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.