[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping in car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: car tarp.jpg (20KB, 756x291px) Image search: [Google]
car tarp.jpg
20KB, 756x291px
I'm 5'7, got a 5 seater diesel, no obligations, a steady passive stipend(disability) and nothing worth staying for or keeping me here

I am aware that it is illegal but I plan on sticking to western and southern Europe anyway so I plan on using remote parking spaces nearby woodlands and campsites and other remote areas, I am a country kind of guy anyway, don't like people and have no qualms about defending myself if needed.

If the cops ask I will just say I was tired and thought it irresponsible to continue driving, at worst I will simply resume my way to the nearest province to find seclusion there.

To create privacy and dark at night I was thinking of something like pic related, along with 2 rolls of mosquito mesh for fresh air, a good sleeping bag, pillow and a sleep mask.
I will use showers and facilities for truckers along highways and failing that some alcohol wipes and other sanitizing products.

I do not intend to stay anywhere for more than 1 night if sleeping in the car.

Other than that I will be taking my mountainbike on a rack and plan on touring Europe's greatest mountainbiking attractions as well as chase the summer season.
I have some moderate savings which should be sufficient to book a plane ticket back in case of emergency.

Is this a horrible idea? If so, why?
If it isn't, what are some things to take into considerations, things that will improve quality of life and whatever else might come in handy?
>>
Where are you from? Why not get some real camping gear? And in Nordic countries you're fully allowed to set up camp anywhere you want.
>>
Spain has loads of hippies living in informal communes. Nobody seems to give a fuck about them sleeping in cars or tents.

I'd consider swapping your car for a van and get some ghetto modifications to make it a simple camper van though. Then maybe head on further, to Morocco, or Senegal. Don't get beheaded on the way though.
>>
>>1200112
Why bother with camping gear when I have a car?
I've slept in the backseat before and I'm not too tall to be uncomfortable there.

>>1200114
A van is probably a good idea but fuel economics are important, I really despise hippies but good to know it isn't heavily enforced. I really just want to do this for the landscapes and forests and not having to deal with people at all.

I want to avoid Morocco as I have heard about ruthless and violent extortion practices at the border involving bribes and hash, even if you aren't smuggling, you are, as far as they are concerned.
>>
I've slept in my car a lot during road trips by myself. Its not so bad just make sure to be out of the place before or around sunrise and nobody will bother you.
>>
Look up van dwelling
>>
Can anyone offer tips for doing this in america? I want to do a 2 week road trip through the Dakotas and Montana and dont want to waste money on hotels.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.