[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently started vlogging. Could I get some honest feedback

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5703.png (151KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5703.png
151KB, 1334x750px
I recently started vlogging. Could I get some honest feedback on my first travel vlog?
>>
>>1199738
Here's the link

https://youtu.be/Jd1TnkGB4h8
>>
>>1199739
Not bad for a first try, but it's too American for me to give serious feedback.
Probably the only constructive thing I can say is to put some intro at the very beginning, eg. the things you say at 01:30 would've been more useful right when the video started.
Also maybe you don't realize, but this is basically a food vlog or food and café vlog. So you better make the title more specific, if the vlog is so focused on food and beverages.
The "say hi" thing is my pet peeve, like ordering people around is just ... no.

But again, for a first try, this is decent, most first vlogs I couldn't sit through.
>>
>>1199749
this mostly
It's not bad, however imo it's too long and you filmed it kinda like holiday video, try to make it more dynamic: if it's about food or about cafes in X city focus on this. The parts in where you're walking maybe you could put some music and cut after 2 seconds max, this way you'll the attention of the viewer.
check some famous travel vlogers or watch travel programs on TV and check this kind of more technical stuff and the way they organize the content
>>
>>1199738
>https://youtu.be/Jd1TnkGB4h8

Didn't found it really interesting.
>>
-Quitt the unnecesary "le quirky reddit humor".
-You shoul've cut the first 2 minutes of the video because 1)nobody is willing to spend precious time in watching a fat man drink coffe and say "yeah" and 2) it's unrelated to the main topic of the video and makes people lose attention
-Your video isn't a travel vlog. It's a food blog
-Is the video about you or about the places you visit? Why do i have to see your ugly face on every shot?
Got bored and didn't watch the rest
>>
>>1199749
>but it's too American for me to give serious feedback.
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: BOLLS.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
BOLLS.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>1200398
This. Pretty much. I'm just going to expand a little.

>You shoul've cut the first 2 minutes of the video because 1)nobody is willing to spend precious time in watching a fat man drink coffe and say "yeah" and 2) it's unrelated to the main topic of the video and makes people lose attention
I skipped to you driving to pick up your gf after about three "yeahs." It wasn't funny it was kind of... perplexing. Here's the thing dude: nobody knows who you are. You don't have any history to draw on or a following that's going to find that funny or endearing. You're literally some dude nobody has ever heard of, and your first impression is "did you like seeing me gargle coffee? Wait until you see the rest of this vlog." You could have cut it after one, resolute, optimistic "yep" and it might have worked.

>Your video isn't a travel vlog. It's a food blog
This, and not to be a dick, but very few people are interested in watching a fat guy eat, they're even less interested in watching a fat guy's breakfast fly out of his mouth in slow motion.

>-Is the video about you or about the places you visit? Why do i have to see your ugly face on every shot?

This is my issue, your vlog was supposed to be about Newport, RI, and yet I come away from it knowing nothing about Newport, RI.

You could have talked about and visited sites relevant to it's rich colonial history, the harbor, the mansions, checked out Tennis Hall of Fame, or gone on the cliff walk, but you did none of that.

Bottom line: I spent twelve minutes watching you eat and talk about your hotel room, your video was an aggressive waste of my time. Next time you make a video about a place, be sure to feature, promote, and discuss the place you're visiting, and unless you're focusing mostly on food (which I don't recommend, for reasons previously mentioned) you don't have to put the camera on your face every time you elect to stuff it; save that for dining experiences which are exceptional or unique.

Good luck.
>>
>>1200418
>/lit/ shitposting on /trv/
>>
>>1200438
>autisitic numale with a "I'm only growing this so nobody can see my beluga whale chin" beard and a man-bun assblasted his shit first attempt at vlogging didn't get rave reviews
>>
>>1200441
I don't think this is really useful criticism.
I agree with above, cut the introspective stuff at the start. I know how a coffee machine starts.
Also, I hate the habit of people giving these long lectures while driving. Just start the video from the front of the shop and be like 'hey were here, this place does x food etc"
Also, PLEASE enough of the beard close ups. I hate beards, I find them disgusting, especially for a food blog. I'm not saying ditch it I'm just saying zoom out a bit.
Apart from the I thought it was ok, why don't you do another one taking on board everyone's comments and post back here.
>>
>>1199738
>the fact that you make coffee using those tiny pre-packaged cups, show it on a camera, take a 1st gulp and go ''HMMM!!! GRRLRLRLRLR!! YEAH!! HMMM'' was very cringy for me
>

Ok now I'm done watching the video. I didn't note everything I disliked because frankly there was too many.

My feedback? If you enjoy doing those videos and don't care about how many views and comments you get, then my all means keep doing them. You will never be a popular vloger though
>>
>>1201711
I think it's good he at least asked for criticism. Saying "you'll never make it" is not really your call to make. It's kind of a saturated market though. You'd need something to make you stand out from the other six million vloggers on YouTube.
>>
>>1201716
>Saying "you'll never make it" is not really your call to make

But it's a fact though, he'll never make it. You and I know this
So what's the point of wanting to improve his videos, when we are very aware he will never have an audience ?
>>
>>1201722
I guess it depends on his motivation. If he thinks he's gonna have 1,000,000 following and get rich from advertising revenue then you are right, he won't "make it."
If he is aware of that reality and just wants to do it for his own enjoyment and have a hundred fans then there is no reason for him to just give up and kill himself.
>>
>>1199738

I made it 3 minutes in and gave up. That whole gargling coffee thing and making a big deal of your girlfriend seemed really self-indulgent. If it's your first video, you have to give people a reason to care who you are and let them know they'll get something out of it, or they'll give up after 30 seconds. Maybe open by saying that you're reviewing a restaurant or making it clear that you're introducing travel in whatever bit of America that was.

Also those pod coffee machines make horrible coffee
>>
>>1199738
Who drew your profile pic?
Was her name kayla?
>>
>>1202474
I think he's given up which is a shame. Why post for criticism if you can't take it. I posted some writing on /lit/ and copped it sweet. If you can not take it personally it's actually really useful getting some good hard criticism because usually people you know won't want to hurt your feelings.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.