[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spain & Portugal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: route1stdraft.jpg (171KB, 1353x944px) Image search: [Google]
route1stdraft.jpg
171KB, 1353x944px
I didn't see a thread in the catalog, so I thought I'd just make one.

How many of you have explored the iberian peninsula? How long did you stay?
What places did you see? Which ones do you recommend?
What's the best way to get around?

I'm currently planning a four-week trip (pic related), although right now I'm not sure which places exactly I want to visit and how long I'll stay in each one. There's just so much to be seen down there.
>>
>>1199709
I recommend passing by Aveiro in portugal. The city is really nice and the beaches are great for surfing(waves of about 2 meters when I went). I went from Porto to Aveiro to Lisbon.
>>
>>1199709
If you're exploring Spain you can't miss out Granada
>>
>>1199709
Last year I stayed 15 days
- 4 days at Barcelona
- 3 days at Valencia
- 3 days at Madrid
- 2 days at Toledo (couldn't find a place in Madrid back then, my original plan was going to make a day trip from Madrid to Toledo and Segovia)
- 3 days at Lisbon
Veredict:
>Barcelona
4 days are enough. If you go to Sagrada Familia (worth it), do the reserve in advance.
>Valencia
I think 2 days are a good lenght. One you know slowly the Old Town and in the other, you go the City of Arts.
>Madrid
Save one day to Prado. Other than that, I think more 3 days. And consider going to Segovia too.
>Toledo
It is a very historic city. Plus, it is very steep. For knowing it all without a risk of a heart attack, 2 - maybe 3 - days. By the way, I don't think there is direct connections between Cordoba and Toledo - there wasn't in Valencia, where I could go even to Sofia, but not to Toledo.
>Lisbon
4, maybe 5 if you want to know also Cascais
>>
try to get to cadaques & port llegat via train to figueres from barcelona...plan on staying for a night.
>>
forgot to add u will have to take taxi or bus from figueres to cadaques no rail there...
>>
File: ronda.jpg (159KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
ronda.jpg
159KB, 500x333px
>>1199709
Stop in Granada for sure, best city in Spain for me. And the Alhambra is something everybody should see before they die.

Zaragoza is pretty boring desu, but it's on your way. Just don't schedule more than 1 day for visiting IMO.

Otherwise your trip seems pretty solid. The south is a very beautiful and historic place, allow enough time for Sevilla/Córdoba/Granada. May I ask why are you going to Osuna? It's a weird choice. Ronda (pic related) is near there and a much better choice IMO
>>
I echo what others have said about not missing Granada.

When I did a similar trip I also went to Cartagena on the coast - pretty underrated imo, especially if you are into history
>>
I'm gonna travel through Spain/Portugal with stops in:
>Las Palmas
>Funchal
>Arrecife
>Santa Cruz de La Palma
>Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Does someone have some insider tips of what to see and what to do? Thanks a lot
>>
>>1200096
>Zaragoza is pretty boring desu, but it's on your way. Just don't schedule more than 1 day for visiting IMO.
Or alternatively go via Huesca. It's a lovely little town with an impressive cathedral
>>
>>1200783
La Palma is dope, make sure to go around the island and see the nature. Santa Cruz has not any interest, but the island itself is my favourite in the Canaries
>>
>>1199709
Been to Madrid, not bad. I'd like to go to Toledo at some point

I'll be going to Lisbon and Sintra in Feb, should be fun
>>
>>1200796
Thank you. Definitelly gonna travel around the island. Looks nice!
>>
Looking to get away to a city this week for 2/3 days, my options are rather limited so I'm torn between Porto, Madrid or Barcelona. Suggestions?
>>
>>1201065
Depends on what you want to do. Barcelona if you are into architecture and strolling around pretty neighbourghoods. Madrid if you are into museums. Both have great food and nightlife, with Madrid having the edge on the latter IMO. 2-3 days is a reasonable time for both cities. Haven't been on Porto so I can't comment.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.