[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dallas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1459028099877.jpg (152KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1459028099877.jpg
152KB, 750x732px
I have a business trip to Dallas coming up later in the month, and I'm there for for 5 days. I've never been on a business trip or to Texas, but I don't want to do standard touristy shit in my free time or get assassinated.
What would you recommend?
>>
>>1199551
Stay out of Downtown Dallas. Place is crawling with hobos. Same goes for Southwest Dallas

If you wanna feel relatively safe, go to the northern parts of Dallas, such as Addisson, Plano, Carrollton, etc.

Each neighborhood has its own thing going on. Be sure to do look at what is going on around your area. You may come across a festival of some kind.

>Food:
If you like comfy French food, you can try La Madeline.

If pizza is more of your thing, there are more options for pizza than Domino's or Pizza Hut. My favorite is Picasso's.

For breakfast, I would recommend Waffle House if you haven't had it yet.

>Transport:
Unlike other parts of Texas, Uber and Lyft are still in operation in Dallas. Use them if you don't have access to a car.

Their public transport is also good. The DART is a metro that goes to other parts of the metroplex.
>>
As a Dallas native I recommend nothing. It's boring as shit. Go to Deep Ellum to see some shitty bands or head to the Bishop Arts District, there are some good restaurants there. Fuck off.
>>
>>1199551

if i was in dallas right now i'd be banging mexican women left and right

outside of that there's not much to do
>>
>>1199551
The park around White Rock Lake is nice, but the weather has been schizophrenic this winter. Temperatures have swung back and forth between the upper 70s and the teens.

Perot Museum, Nasher Sculpture Center, and Dallas World Aquarium are all nice.

What this anon >>1200417 said about public transport is true. The Metroplex has a larger rail system than any other US metropolitan area. The DART trains link up to the TRE, which goes to Fort Worth, and the Denton County system, which runs up to Denton. The buses are decent too.

If the Cowboys haven't flamed out of the playoffs by the time you arrive, avoid Arlington on game day. Traffic can get pretty bad. Also, traffic in and around Downtown (and really anywhere on I-35) has been lousy lately due to all the construction.

Try some Tex-Mex or barbecue. There's honestly too many good options for me to list them all here, and which one you'd want probably depends on your tastes and where exactly you'll be staying, so use teh Google to search around a little.

If you're interested at all in Texas country music, Billy Joe Shaver (one of the old legends and a Willie Nelson buddy) will be at the Granada Theater on the 20th. Pat Green will be at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth on the same night. Billy Bob's is "the world's largest honkytonk".

There's generally good live music somewhere. Between Deep Ellum, places like Poor David's Pub and House of Blues, and all the small to mid-sized venues, you're sure to find a concert to your liking.

Also in music, the Fort Worth symphony is currently being ridiculous and doing concerts of Legend of Zelda music.

Keep in mind is that the area is fuck-huge because of all the people who moved here in the past 25 years. If you include the outermost suburbs, the whole Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is about 90 miles across east to west and close to 60 across north to south. I've been vague in suggesting stuff because you may be limited by where you're staying and available transport.
>>
For the moment I'm here for work. I really enjoy long rides through the fields but that's just me. I drove down to Waco, to see the TX Ranger Museum (too touristy?) and the ruins of the old Davidian compound that burned down. That felt eerie as shit: Buildings kept up and clean now but the only movement I saw was a black tinted truck drive by me and to the trailers. All that's left is a sad memorial, pile of grassy rubble just inside and left the front gates (warning: sometimes closed...), old cornerstone and a swimming pool that they use to collect rain water. Up north in Bowie (a little far maybe) is a fun, huge statue of a Bowie knife, and I've seen all the JFK stuff, planning on talking to the little girl (now grown) who lived with him in Dallas -- that's part of a tour.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.