[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you need to be able to speak french if you want to live in canada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: canada-city-wallpaper-2.jpg (987KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
canada-city-wallpaper-2.jpg
987KB, 1920x1200px
Do you need to be able to speak french if you want to live in canada?
>>
Nope. Probably like 95% of all Canadians speak English, maybe more.
>>
>>1198908
Not unless you are going to French Canada (Québec). People in the rest of Canada don't even speak French.
You're dumb and your thread sucks.
>>
>>1198919
Pretty sure that most french Canadians speak english as a second language as well
>>
>>1198919
he had a nice op pic tho
>>
No, but it helps massively for getting a job and visa
>>
>>1198908
lmao.. you don't even need to speak English..or know anything about this shit country. We take anyone with a face.
>>
Judging by all the Indian and Sikh immigrants here who don't speak a word of French (in Montreal), I would say:

'no'
>>
>>1198920
HAHAHAHAHSHIT
No. They dont. MTL does, the south west of the province does, the Gaspésie Peninsula does if they live close to new brunswick. Some random town here and there do like rawdon.

Quebec city doesnt speak english. Maybe trois-riviere i dont know. But yeah you wont really have that hard of a time buying stuff or asking for direction. I'd say 1 out of 4-5 person speaks a reasonable English outside of mtl. More chance with 16-35 years old.
>>
>>1199549

Don't forget the Eastern Townships. Pretty much everyone is bilingual there. That's the closest you'll ever find to the Canadian utopia.
>>
someone post story de toy
>>
>>1199549
rofl trust me trois riviere doesnt speak english. at all
>>
>>1199549
I don't know how it is nowadays, but I went to school in Montreal and no one (meaning the students) spoke a word of English. The school I went to actually put you in detention if you were heard speaking English in the hallways, as ridiculous as it sounds. They were forced to drop this rule some years later after it made the news.

Quebec is a weird place. Anywhere else in the non-english-speaking world you'll see English growing more and more as the lingua franca as more young people speak it, but in Quebec it's the opposite: old people speak English, young people don't. You can blame the provincial government's victim complex for that.
>>
>>1199558
I feel Sherbrooke is the exception to that rule. A friend of mine had a stripper refuse to dance for him because he was speaking english. In general, I would avoid Quebec if you do not intend on learning french. People (from older generations) can be corrosive if you interact with them in English...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.