[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this country worth a visit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

Is this country worth a visit?
>>
>>1198805
yes
>>
>>1198805
no
>>
>>1198805
maybe
>>
>>1198805
i dunno
>>
>>1198805
Maybe if you were somehow in the area, but as a Burger (no Idea if you are) the idea of me planning a trip to Europe to spend time in Portugal is insane, there are so many better destinations in Europe or Asia IMO.
>>
>>1198827
Really? Portugal was at the top of my list of places to go in Western Europe. In fact it's the only place that really interests me. I hear the women are all hot and slutty and that it is 99% white.
>>
>>1198805
Is this thread worth a reply?
>>
>>1198827
It's an excellent destination if you like old churches and castles
>>
>>1198853
yes
>>
>>1198852
> amerifat defiling portuguese women
fuck off they're full
>>
>>1198853
no
>>
>>1198852
>I hear the women are all hot and slutty and that it is 99% white.

Welcome to /trv/ 2017, it's going to be a great year.

(Portugal is actually a great destination if you are interested in history, culture, food and wine. The south is popular with package tourists for the beaches, but Lisbon and central/northern Portugal is really a gem; don't miss Porto and Tomar [home to a fascinating castle].)
>>
>>1198866
I heard that the party scene in Lisbon is great. (where the slutty hot women part came from)

I also here there is this big pit or something?
>>
Lisbon was and still is my favorite city in the world. I plan on going back to Europe just to hit it again.
>>
>>1198852

Portuguese girls are hot, but in a nice natural way, not a western "put on my makeup with a trowel" way, and their accent speaking english is cool. I don't think they are particularly slutty tho, catholic country and all that.

I've spent about a month per year in portgual since 2012 and speak a fairly good tourist-grade portuguese tho. Weather is nice (much better than UCuck), beaches are great, beer is cheap and good, wine is cheap and good.

Loads of psytrance parties and festivals (main reason I started going there) and drugs are decriminalised.

If you head out into the countryside there are some really cute villages and epic mountains and forests. I cycle toured around for 2.5 months in 2013 and shit was great.
>>
>>1199312
>Beer is good
Except Super bock and Sagres are disgusting

>Loads of psytrance parties and festivals
You went to Boom as well this year?
>>
>>1199315
>You went to Boom as well this year?

Not this year actually, first time I didn't go to a psy festival in a while

>Boom 2012
>Freedom 2013
>Insomnia 2014
>Freedom 2015

Funnily enough my fave beer there is the Kingsbrau from Intermarche, cheap too at 2EUR for 6 bottles.

Casal Garcia is a good vinho verde too.
>>
>>1198866
>in history
yes
>culture
yeah
>food and wine
Wine probably, food ? meh. They just give you big quantities, and you'll struggle to find some good restaurants that serves traditional food. It will just be some bacalhao a casa, carne alentejana, frango churasco and pasteis de nata. Or maybe I don't spend enough time in Portugal.

OP, ask for some nice restaurants in the areas you'll be visiting.
>>
>>1199312
>t spiccuck
>>
>>1198805
I love Portugal. Lisbon is a beautiful and atmospheric city (hills, elevators, views, trams, cafes, cobblestones). Although people in the know tell me that Porto (which I have not visited) is more fun, I enjoyed bars and nightlife in the Bairro Alto neighborhood. If you like or want to learn about port, the Solar do Vinho de Porto up there has many hundreds to sample and very knowledgeable staff.

I also like Cascais, a weird little beachy suburb... don't know if they still have them, but there used to be free bicycles available to borrow in the town center, and a long, pretty oceanfront bike path.

University city of Coimbra is fun and close to big Roman ruins at Conimbriga; very old town of Évora has a beautiful historical center.

Wine regions in the Alentejo and elsewhere are great and the plonk is very affordable.

Sintra has a bunch of interesting palaces, and is in a pretty setting, but I didn't like the town--sort of a hollowed-out tourist trap. If you visit, stay in the bigger, still living modern town next door.
>>
>>1199719
Oh, and I was going to mention that like a few people above I don't think Portuguese food is all that good, there are some good Indian restaurants in Lisbon, good markets everywhere for making your own picnics, and decent seafood on the coasts.
>>
>>1198805
My girlfriend is portuguese and last year she visited my ancestral country. I was thinking I should do the same for Portugal. Any tips on someone who has never been to Europe? Any places that a first timer should head to?

Also, historyfag.
>>
I might be biased because I'm Portuguese, but I also see Lisbon as my favourite city in the world. Granted I've barely been outside Europe, but still, I've even worked abroad and had to come back here every weekend because there just isn't anywhere like it.

I'm originally from a small city in the middle of the country and only saw Lisbon for the first time when I moved at 19 to study there, but it has topped my favourite cities list ever since then.

>>1199719
As someone who has lived in both Porto and Lisbon and is not originally from either, I think Lisbon is far, far better, but I've met plenty of tourists who seem to love Porto more. I've never really understood why, but this seems to be the general rule: people from Porto love Porto more than anywhere else, people from anywhere else in the country prefer Lisbon and tourists tend to prefer Porto - but there are way less tourists in Porto than in Lisbon. I wouldn't even put Porto in a top 5 of my favourite cities in the country, I think it's too grey, old and dirt (but maybe that's part of the charm?) - although I must admit it has its magic and the people seem way nicer up there. Not to mention they have the best accent.
>>
>>1198805
yes, go.
>>
I'm going on a weekend trip to Lisbon.

I'm sure /trv/ knows everything about Lisbon, so... What is an 'in' neighborhood this year? Also do you know a nice café where it's possible to sit for a couple of hours around Sao Sebastiao?

What are everyone's fave Lisbon dishes and snacks?
>>
>>1199789
>historyfag
Lisbon, obviously, Tomar (about 90 minutes by bus from Lisbon, fascinating castle), Porto for general rambling twisty, old-city feels, and from Porto you can take day trips to Braga (some historic churches) and Guimarães which has some nice old architecture, too. The old university town Coimbra (between Lisbon and Porto) and Evora (in the south) are supposed to be good historical destinations, too, but I've not been to those towns yet.
>>
>>1200025
It's famous for its custard tarts

https://foursquare.com/top-places/lisbon/best-places-tarts
>>
>>1198805
yes, 100%
porto is fucking beautiful btw
>>
Portugal is one of my favourite 'hidden gem' countries. No, it doesn't have it all, but what it does have it does pretty darn well. And unlike Spaniards, Portuguese know how to check the volume of their voices sometimes -- I mean they're still in the latin/mediterranean culture (even if no real Mediterranean coast...), not quiet like Finns or whatever.

Anyway, Lisbon is also one of my favourite cities... It's in a beautiful setting, it's got hills and coast and a bay. The architecture is a nice mix of classic, crumbling, and new. People were pretty friendly on the whole, I thought. Saw lots of cuties -- locals (tend to be very short, however) and mixed-race bunda.

I once had some 10/10 Brazilian or CaboVerdian (however you call them) waitress at a café who couldn't speak any English. Probably 19-21, or so. I had tried to ask what some things are on the menu (I no fala Portugeezie). Well, she kinda blushed and turned her eyes away while awkward smiling, when looking for the English words (90% wrong, but her accent was super cute), and went back behind the counter and brought slices of like almost every thing on plates over to show me, giving me the name and pronouncing it very carefully each time. She watched me eat at one point, and when I gave her a thumbs up, she smiled this big cute smile.

Light brown skin, freckles, green eyes, ample bosom, thin waist, an amazing ass -- jesus christ, several years later I can still picture her. She's probably got 3 kids and 50 pounds extra on her today, but damn, still.

Oh yea right, Lisbon... Portugal. Go for it dude.
>>
Good surf north of Lisbon. if youre into that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.