[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hawaii

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: tulsi gabbard.jpg (61KB, 404x343px) Image search: [Google]
tulsi gabbard.jpg
61KB, 404x343px
My dad just retired and wants to move to Hawaii, on the big island, likely the far side opposite of the tourist part of the island. He's asked me if I want to go with him. I'm a sickly hikikomori so I have nothing tying me down, but I feel cautious on this, I might rather stay in California with the rest of my family.

Have you ever been or even lived there /trv/? What did you make of it? Would you recommend it to other anons? Did you ever get bored of paradise? Also lastly what are the internet speeds like for browsing, pirating, and gaming?

More info on me I guess, is that I grew up less than a block from the beach in the Bay Area. I used to surf and lived on the beach every summer but my leash wrapped around my feet underwater once and I haven't since. Also too weak now anyways but whatever. Also I was an anthropology major so I'd probably take an interest in the native culture. Lastly I am being seen at Stanford Hospital every few months, but they gave their blessing if I wanted to move. I'd just have to fly back sometimes for appointments.
>>
File: bBeDN4v4.jpg (262KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
bBeDN4v4.jpg
262KB, 1252x1252px
Not trying to bump, just posting more pics of tulsi. She seems legitimately cool for a politician. Made me more curious about the rest of Hawaii's politics. My dad, not really serious, said he could try and join the Hawaii independence movement also lol. Obviously not likely to ever happen.
>>
>>1198364
go visit and decide for yourself
>>
>>1198367
I've already been there like 5 times throughout childhood. It's different living there though obviously, which is what I'm asking about.
>>
>>1198364
> far side opposite of the tourist part of the island
so the shithole ghetto known as hilo? fuck that. kona has better services, better weather, more job opportunities, and the locals are less worse. or if he wants isolation and can handle wind and rain waimea is good. but important for you the health care is fucking garbage. i have a diabetic brother-in-law in kona and i'm shocked he hasn't lost a foot yet.
>>
File: IMG_0108.png (26KB, 229x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.png
26KB, 229x252px
>>1198376
My dad literally just went there, I read him your reply and he's incredulous

Weather in kona is crap apparently, lots of vog (volcano fog lel)

He liked the rain and more moderate temp in hilo, also it isn't dry like in kona
>>
>>1198388
Oh he didn't mean hilo mb, Puna was where he went and liked
>>
>>1198364
If he's of retirement age and has ample income or savings, he should try for Philippines or Thailand.
>>
>>1198396
>>1198396
SE Asia is right out, not English speaking and likely too hot/humid

He looked at Belize long and hard but it's just too far from home and he's used to creature comforts of civilization, he made dosh using bitcoin and other silicon valley stuff, I don't know much about the Philippines though tbf

Also relevant is his gf definitely wouldn't come with him so far from her kids, Hawaii isn't too far from Cali relatively and it's still in the USA

I wanted my dad to look at Europe since we could get citizenship, or Canada, but he doesn't like the cold as well, he said it was an ideal 75 every day in Hawaii
>>
>>1198399
>SE Asia is right out, not English speaking and likely too hot/humid
Phillipines, SIngapore, and Malaysia are majority English speaking, and I may be leaving some out. IN Thailand all the exapt enclaves (Udon Thani, Chiang Mai, Bangkok,Pattaya, Phuket) are English speaking. Thailand and Phillipnes both have retirement visas. I am not sure about the others. Chiang Mai and Udon Thani, in the North and North East of Thailand respectively aren't so humid, and also are the biggest retiree destinations.

I understand your other reasons. Though a lplane ride, is plane ride. It's not that farther.
>>
>>1198399
>, he said it was an ideal 75 every day in Hawaii
He should just retire to San Diego.
>>
I spent 10 days in Hawaii just a few months ago, 4 days on the big island. To me it's an interesting place to visit but I would never want to live there. Island life imo is for people who are either already married and just looking to live out a slow life or for retired people who don't have anything else planned for their life. It's just so slow and boring. I mean, it's great to get away from things for a while, I could imagine living in Hawaii for a month a year if I was super rich, but afterwards I'd like to get back to civilization. And that's another thing, it's still the US but at the same time it's kinda behind everything else. For a young person it's kinda shit and in particular if you're coming from Cali which is already a trend setter, you'd feel a thousand years behind the rest of the world.
>>
>>1198388
>vog
kek. fuckin islanders always sound like hypochondriac jewish mothers when they complain about it. i love when they start bitching about the vog giving them a sore throat today, or whatever, and it's crystal clear and no one else has any problems.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.