[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 19

File: IMG_1897.jpg (1000KB, 2448x3059px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1897.jpg
1000KB, 2448x3059px
New Japan General

As always, feel free to ask about:
>Traveling to Japan
>Living in Japan
>Teaching in Japan
>Joining the Yakuza
>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed

*Info on prostitution*
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net/

*Note about the JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.

>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Please check the /trv/ sticky before asking questions. It's filled with links to great resources, many of them specific to Japan travel.

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up: >>1196141
>>
>that countdown in Shibuya
Who /normie/ here?
>>
>>1198014
Do they even allow any gatherings in Shibuya anymore? The crossing was fenced off last year and for Halloween
>>
I spent a summer in Japan studying and have decent conversation skills. I did some fun stuff during that time and met lots of people, but I never got laid.

3 years later I am a much different person and getting laid will be easier (confidence, lifting).

Going to start planning my trip for after graduation. Any tips on where I should go or what I should do? Looking at 2 weeks. I could do a month and rent an apartment in a area good for bring back girls.
>>
Also, what should i do to prepare and increase my chanses of success? I am getting back into studying Japanese.
>>
>>1198043
>I lift - therefore I get laid

This is the mindset of the future.
Please, if you get laid, use a condom. Don't want to spread your stupidity into the country.
>>
I'm on my last year of university in Italy, graduating in Foreign Languages and Literature and i have plans to go to japan. I'd really love to already start working, but i do understand that it seems highly unrealistic.

So my plan was to first go to a language school to get a 1 year or longer visa, and from there hopefully try to find a job. (Is this a realistic option or am i dreaming too much?). Do you guys know any good language school you would reccomend? Where is not really important as long as it's not Tokyo. I have a budget of around 30k\35k at disposal, but I'm not so eager on spending it all on this.
>>
>>1198061
Oh, I forgot to mention i have a JLPT level 3.
>>
Is there anything fun to do for an evening or morning in Narita? Will probably be stuck there waiting for the flight home at some point.

Kinda sucks it's at least an hour from Tokyo or weeaboo shopping would be an option.
>>
What are some more girl-focused activities in Tokyo?

I'm going with my sister for two weeks in february, and while we have some things planned together (museums and the like) I'd like to know of some places where I can dump her for while I go do other stuff.

I'm pretty sure she can waste some hours in Ikebukuro and I already got her a reservation in the butler café, but is there anything else?
>>
>>1198077
The D, anon.
>>
Headin to tokyo in 6hrs or so. Any recommendations on sim cards for Sprint Galaxy S6? I know nothing about sim cards.

Looking to be able to use Line/skype for a week and have decent LTE coverage.
>>
>>1198111
You can buy prepaid data-only sim cards at the arrivals area from a vending machine.

They have 1-week, 2-week, 2-month options in various sizes so you'll find something for your needs. Probably around 3500 yen or so.
>>
>>1198077
I wish I had a younger sister to Fuck in Tokyo, Gl anon. I'm prois of you.
>>
>>1198077
Love hotels.
>>
>>1198134
These are fucking expensive. Anywhere from 6000 to 12000+ yen
>>
>>1198006
>Getting your weeb fantasies crushed
Please explain, I am kind of a weeb myself.
>>
Does anyone know the name of the song that's played during the ad in Shibuya crossing?

The one where it's set in a highschool or something and there's all thse schoolkids doing this routine dance and one of the dance moves looks like you're firing pistols with both hands.
>>
>>1198139
Japan isn't at all like it is in your animu. There aren't people with katanas on the train, or schoolgirls who run up to you and hug you while calling you senpai, or baka.
>>
>>1198142
I don't think anyone believes that bs.
>>
>>1198144
Don't underestimate the stupidity of teenagers, and overweight middle-aged weebs who have never left their home town, let alone their mom's basement.
>>
>>1198138
Can't put a price on family.
>>
Will a week long JR pass be worth it for the following itinerary?

Tokyo to Osaka
Osaka to Kyoto
Kyoto to Osaka
Osaka to Tokyo
Tokyo to airport

Also, how do I get the best exchange rate for dollars to yen? At my bank prior to leaving the US, the airport exchange counters, just withdrawing at an ATM?
>>
>>1198138
Do you know when they are fucking cheap? From 3 to 6am. That's when you get like a 75% discount on the single night.

Good and cheap alternative if you want to sober out or just take a break for the night.
>>
>>1198150
>worth?
Yes

Narita Airport
>>
>>1198152
f-flying into Haneda
>>
Any anon here pilgrimaged in the shikoku area? Going late summer 2017 and wanted to know your experience.
>>
>>1198157
Don't rely on public transport.
>>
>>1198153
You don't really have to worry that much on exchange, haneda should be fine too.
>>
File: IMG_20161231_222151058.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_222151058.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1198015
Yeah, there were a lot of police but it was pretty open. Pic related at 10pm although most people didn't show up til after 11.
>>
>>1198006

How does one join the Yakuza /trv/? Or even hang out with Yakuza guys?
>>
>>1198166
Don't do it, you're asking for a world of hurt.
>>
>>1198043
Get a room/apartment in Roppongi Hills. This is your best shot at the most pulling.
>>
>>1198166
Get some sick tats, pick up smoking and stand outside of a pachinko house. Also grow your hair out a little bit and style it.
>>
>>1198178
Yet a 5 minute train ride will take you to a place where you can't walk a block without seeing at least 3 of them.
>>
>>1198178
Niggers are pretty few and far between (though of course there are a shitton in Roppongi), but Japan has been flooded with immigrants in just the last few years because of established ones using contacts among Korean immigrant organizations to get their friends and family in.
Just go shop in a Delhi Yamazaki and you'll understand what I mean.
>>
>>1198166
Time for a serious answer.
The yakuza isn't cosmopolitan at all like a lot of modern formerly-ethnic gangs in the US, because the old gangs are built on business and political contacts (usually in the right wing) and the immigrants and lefties are all working with Korean and Chinese street gangs or split-off "yakuza" families like the Inagawa-kai who mainly work with prostitution and drug dealing rather than gambling, protection and extortion (and if you've ever met a Korean, you'd know that it's an art form for them to act like non-Koreans around them don't exist).
There is the infinitely small chance that some young members would hang out with you as entertainment, get your unpaid help in a few jobs and then set you up to take the fall, but in reality the only option is that you'll get ignored completely and then get your teeth kicked in if you don't lay off.
>>
>>1198180
>>1198199
Flight cancled.
>>
>>1198203
It's not at the level where it becomes impossible to enjoy Japan, just at the level of constant, persistent background noise that gives you a headache.
>>
>>1198207
You could go to North Korea.
If you're not one of the community college kids who get their knickers in a twist about going there, it's been loosening up just enough lately for foreigners to be able to do things on their own - but far from enough for a single person of any degree of brownness to pop up during your stay.
>>
>>1198212
I didn't see any when I went. Just a shit load of chink and Thai tourists swarming the tourist areas like rats in a NYC subway.
>>
>>1198006
>tfw history major
>thinking of moving to japan
>unsure what jobs I could get outside of eikawa monkey, ALT cuck and Translator
>>
>>1198244
Why do you want to move to Japan?
>>
So god forbid I get sick or hurt when I visit Japan, how much would medical costs be? Are they cripplingly expensive like MURICA? Or Universal health-care like the rest of the civilized world?
>>
>>1198248
Somewhere in the middle. It will cost you, but not much.
>>
>>1198250
Good to know. I don't plan on having to visit a hospital of course. I just want to make sure I know what the deal is.

Though I DO plan on getting a massage/chiropractic work done while there.
>>
>>1198246
I want to actually understand the language and culture a lot better. I'm planning on writing my bachelor's thesis on Modern Japanese history.
>>
File: 117438555648.jpg (25KB, 438x450px) Image search: [Google]
117438555648.jpg
25KB, 438x450px
I plan to stay a month this time.
Hotel or Airbnb? Plus side of a hotel is I can bang my girl there and its a lil weird doing it in some stranger's house.
>>
>>1198206
>>1198199

I walked into a few clubs in Shibuya and it was dark as night. Only two Japanese girls in the far back dancing. Other than that, teeth and eye balls. My friends and I quickly walked out.

DO NOT GO TO ROPPONGI. You will be assaulted by endless "NYC" black people wanting you to go to their shitty stripclub.
>>
>>1198257
>assaulted
>by people asking you to go to their club

lol how about you stop being such a bitch as pussy?
>>
>>1198257
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS FAGGOT

Go to Roppongi with a friend, lead on the black guys if you want to have some fun, but otherwise just ignore them.

Roppongi is fun as fuck, and the clubs there that aren't being advertised by the black guys are filled with Japanese girls who'll fuck foreigners.

If you can't handle a few people on the street selling you a product then you need to stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
I hadn't realized there was this much western clothing unsuitable for a Japan trip until I started looking for some winter clothing for the Sapporo snow festival.
At least some are obvious about it, not like that subtle random kanji Superdry shit.
>>
>>1198277
>eight nie three
>nie
>>
>>1198266
OP is an autistic, he probably fell for the darkies soliciting him on the streets.

Roppongi is fun AF.
>>
I remember that back in December a group of anons planned to get together and hang out during the Christmas week.

There even was an autistic samefag who created a line group and a meetup event under different aliases.

So how did it work out? Or I guess the same as always - it didn't?
>>
>>1198006
any advice to deal with the weather there?
i'm visiting during winter; late january, early february. And i've never experienced less than 10 degrees because Australia is a fucking oven
>>
>>1198304
The meetup on December 28th did happen. It was successful, for the most part at least. The main part which was the dinner happened, then the group went looking for some bars which took a bit of time.

People started to head home, and what was left of the group went to Mos Burger for another meal. I don't know if everyone else ended up going to any bars, I left to meet up with another friend after the Mos Burger meal.
>>
>>1198304
The coolest people were the ones who were active in line for the most part. There the main autists who never talked on line being weirdos during the meetup. It could have gone a lot better and be better planned but the non autists are genuinely great people and have been fun to hang with.
>>
>>1198266
>fornicating at all
>he thinks "Japanese girls who'll fuck foreigners" aren't actually Thai slappers and diseased Zainichi sluts
>>
>>1198308
They looked pretty Japanese to me.
>>
>>1198309
Because you can't tell the difference, round-eye.
Do you even speak Japanese?
>>
>>1198311
Yeah, a few sentences. I can tell the difference between the languages. And I can tell the difference between a Japanese person and say a Thai person.

It's not that hard really. Anyone can tell the difference after staring for a little while.
>>
>>1198306
>>1198307
So just one meeting, no drinking erryday? Weak
>>
>>1198312
All right mate keep telling yourself that.
You really should get checked for VD though.
>>
>>1198314
Don't even worry about it senpai, I used a rubber
>>
File: 0090_11[1].gif (16KB, 442x225px) Image search: [Google]
0090_11[1].gif
16KB, 442x225px
>>1198315
>he thinks a rubber will save him from eternal damnation
>>
>>1198331
Tried to read it from right to left for quite some time
>>
>>1198312
Top kek, Roppongi is the place to smash Jap pussy. Jap guys are super aggro to the point that they make fools of themselves. Slide in and work some game and they're all over the foreign D.
>>
>>1198338
Whenever I'm at a club, specifically Jumanji 55, the other gaijin there are all so friendly. I'm pretty sure I talked to more gaijins than I did to Jap girls one night.
>>
>>1198338
>Jap guys are super aggro
Didn't know that was possible
>>
>>1198152
>>1198162
Thank you
>>
What apps or site to date jap girls?

Never Fucked a girl from a club in my life. But dated and slept with plenty from tinder in West and tantan in China. What app is common in Japan?
>>
>>1198406
Tinder and LINE
>>
Anybody have experience interviewing in Japan? I have an interview in a couple weeks for software development and I agreed to do an on-site interview to "discuss my resume". I honestly didn't think I'd seriously get a reply as an American with minimal Japanese knowledge. I'd appreciate any pointers.
>>
>>1198490
Well, you could pull it off in two different ways.

The classical japanese way. A rather respectful way, learning their culture of modesty and respect for your boss. Wear a suit, don't look into the interviewers eyes but his throat or chin instead. Don't forget a short bow after the interview and show your gratitude for them to have an interest in you.

Or - you come in waving an american flag, hax0red the internal server before the interview forcing every PC to play the american national anthem.
>>
File: IMAG3348.jpg (820KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3348.jpg
820KB, 2688x1520px
There is now a /trv/Japan LINE group!
If you would like to join, email your LINE ID to:

trv4chan@gmail dot com
>>
>>1198523
I can imagine the LINE chat already
>I had sex
>Me too
>Where do I get easy japanese chicks for fucki fucki?
>Can anyone translate this for me?
>I'm in Ropponogi anyone want to meet up?
>Forget Ropponogi, I just got beat up by a bunch of africans where is the next hospital?
>am I kawaii desu~ne?
>>
>>1198490
If it is a western software development company, you can typically expect the same as you would in the west. If it is a Japanese company you should research Japanese Shukatsu (Job-Hunting), as there are quite a few manners that aren't obvious.
>>
>>1198524
fucking kek
>>
How Japan in mid to late April? Planning on a 10-14 day trip with a Railpass.

Already used one during my last visit and it was absolutly worth it. Thinking about
>2 days Tokyo sightseeing, relax a bit after the long flight
>5 days on the train along the west coast through Sendai over to Hokkaido and Sapporo
>2 days on my way back to Tokyo a stop in the Fukushima area and relax in an rural Onsen
>3 days Tokyo shopping
>>
So I'm planning a trip to Japan in early July after muh America day for around 2 weeks. When would be the cheapest time to buy plane tickets?
>>
>>1197822

1k for a drink? Are all Japanese clubs that expensive?

Also, like, what kind of music do they play? I'm assuming it's just the same general shit as any other club but with local flavour?
>>
>>1198077
tiny asian cock (TAC)
>>
>>1198530
I have a question regarding the Railpass, I've read through the stickies and their website but I am still unclear about some things

If i understand correctly, I get unlimited use of the shinkansen except nozomi and mizuho line, but do I also get unlimited train use for the local trains? like the osaka loop line etc?

Im planning on going to osaka and tokyo mid to late april as well so if this rail pass works inside osaka and tokyo as well that'd be really worth it
>>
>>1198344
For some reason I haven't had too much luck in Jumanji, as a matter of fact there was some dumb nip cunt say that "American kusai" to my friend at Jumanji.

The other clubs I went to were better and yea, foreigners are usually very friendly.
>>
>>1198356
Once they have a few drinks their inner Nanking rape comes out.
>>
>>1198540
Works for local lines as well.

It's just a piece of paper you show a dude to let you through the gate.
>>
>>1198406
Go from tinder and get their Line contact.

Also pairs is another one I heard of but I hear it's more geared towards dating.
>>
>>1198547
perfect, thanks a lot!
>>
>>1198536
It's pretty fucking expensive. Not gonna lie I walked out of one club spending around $80 including the entrance fee. They do usually give you one or two free drinks with entry.
>>
>>1198552
Thats why you get good and drunk before you go in. You can drink on the street and every conbini sells hard liquor. With drink tickets you should never have to buy more than one drink the entire time you're in the club. If you do you're probably having a bad night and its a waste of money anyway
>>
>>1198536
Correct in the music, there are specific clubs like Line bar that are hip hop and you'll see a bunch of coal burning Japs there.
>>
>>1198554
Yes pretty much this is what happened to me. Didn't get yellowtail the night I spent a decent amount but then again I was with other foreigners that messed up my game that night.
>>
Please helpm I just managed to spend ¥1500 in KFC.It was trashy as hell.
>>
>>1198561
>coal burning japs

Please don't destroy my dreams of a homogenous Japan.
>>
>>1198547
Not all local lines. Only ones with JR in front. You'll know which ones are and aren't real fast.
>>
>>1198524
Most active line people turned out to be a really cool bunch. The meetup itself was actually the least fun part as the group was too big and random. However, other activities inside a smaller group was super fun, just a bit blurred out due to impressive amount of alcohol consumed. God bless all you can drink places.
>>
>>1198563
>Travel hundreds of miles to eat amerifat food in an Asian country

There's no helping stupid son.
>>
>>1198564
Take advantage while you can, the next generation of Nihon Jin will be foreign fuckers as globalism takes hold in the land of the rising sun.
>>
>>1198540
>>1198565
Just check the JRP-Map, it's pretty handy. You will get everywhere with a JRP, even though you sometimes need to wait for a different train. Got around rural Japan without any issue at all. I loved these rusty old trains.

Oh, and yes, The Loop-Line in Osaka works just fine with a JRP. Same goes for 80% of the Lines in Osaka and Kyoto.
>>
>>1198571
I'm feeling physically sick just reading this.
>>
>>1198569
I really didn‘t want to, but cause it@s still New Year holiday most places were closed before 11am.
>>
>>1198552
>>1198554
Oh, so it's basically like drinking in Switzerland or Sweden then? Make sense.

What's the entrance fee like? Much the same as the drinks?
>>
>>1198581
Depends were you go but between $10 to as high as $45 was one place I went. Granted I only paid $45 because I forgot my ID and it's the only place that would let me slide. Plus I had two girls with me I pulled from the street.

The better clubs will be about $30.
>>
man fuck this shitty country.
access to recreational drugs is better than anything this country has to offer.

come here for a holiday, sure. but do not fucking move here. unless you are a drone, then it's the perfect place for you.

anyone know how to catch a decent buzz here? i am waiting on dxm powder. anything i can get otc?
>>
>>1198581
i thought entrance fees were for clubs that don't manage to sell much alcohol. in japan thats just jewery.
>>
>>1198587
>dude weed lmao

Hopefully Duerte expands to Japan and gets your sorry ass.
>>
>>1198589
cannabis is so normal to me the idea of it being prohibited seems completely absurd, let alone anyone taking prohibition seriously. these japs need to remove the stick from their collective arse pronto. if i dont get regular access to cannabis soon im gonna make a big fucking mess on my way out.

but that aside the stigmatization of drugs in general is a fucking joke and anyone supporting it must have shitty karma or whatever happens to bad people

im not even a big fan of cocaine but new years eve is fucking miserable without it wot? loosen your sphincter japan ffs
>>
>>1198588
You may be thinking about bars, there's no cover charge for bars. Even the best night clubs have entrance costs.
>>
>>1198591
>a whole country needs to change because of my personal preferences

Please go to the Phillipines. Really. And stay there. It's a nice place. You will like it there.
>>
>>1198591
Then move somewhere more tolerant? I feel bad for you bro.
>>
>>1198592
yeah, my point is any good nightclub in a normal country takes entry fees coz erryone on mdma and not buying drinks.
charging at the door when that isn't the case is straight up jewery
>>
>>1198593
please go back to b, really you belong there.

>>1198594
my wife wont budge. i am trying to compromise my health to convince her. maybe if i shit my liver out...
>>
>>1198598
>dood I need my fuggn drugs or I kill someone

Christ, the drugs already did some massive damage to your brain as you obviously you can't tell /trv/ from /b/ apart.

Maybe 420chan is something more for you.
>>
>>1198599
it's pretty clear to me that the lack of drugs is the detriment to my mental health. and not just mine but the population of this country too, just look at their suicide rate.

if they just legalized cannabis life here would be less stressful and there would be fewer delays to public transport which again would make life less stressful for everyone
>>
>>1198600
>fewer delays to public transport
They already have one of the best transportation systems in the world
>>
>>1198600
Guyana.

Guyana has the highest suicide rate in the world.
They also consume a lot of weed, illegally though.

I don't know buddy, maybe all that good life and stress relief from the good weed made them kill themselves? Seems logical to me.

>fewer delays in public transport
Okay, now I'm 100% sure you weren't in Japan and you're just talking out of your ass. Go fuck yourself with a rake, nigger.
>>
>>1198591
>Land mass the size of Texas
>2nd to 3rd largest economy in world even after being annihilated during WWII
>One of the cleanist and most environmentally friendly countries in the world
>Members of society actively help one another
>Excellent customer service

That fact that you need drugs to function is disturbing and you chastise one of the most productive countries in the world (if not the most) for their hardline stance on drugs... Apparently their restrictions on drugs works for the masses and should be applied in most developed countries...

If you want drugs go to some third world slum like Mexico or Malaysia and have at it, OD while you're at it.
>>
>>1198600
Japan's suicide rate has been dropping constantly for years. They're almost out of the top 20

Read some more junkie
>>
>>1198443
>>1198548
Got it thanks!

Does line have any connect feature? Some other Asian apps can find people nearby
>>
>>1198603
>>1198606
In 4 years I've been on the train that someone chose to smear themselves with twice, and I see delays on my line to work at least once a month for the same reason. Yes they do have the best train system in the world but that wasn't the point I was hinting at. If you had ever lived in this country you would have got it.
>>
>>1198607
>Land mass the size of Texas
false. japan's the size of montana.
>>
File: 1482510464497.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1482510464497.png
367KB, 568x454px
>>1198613
And these people got a visa and were allowed into the country.

Apparently Japan is as open borders as Germany, considering you speak the truth.
>>
>>1198607
They are only so productive because the government here values corporations over people and they ride the shit out of their working population.

The service here is amazing, sure. So doesn't it bother you the people providing that service can never properly relax themselves?
>>
>>1198613
I've never hard to do hard drugs besides alcohol to deal with "mental issues". To each his own but you're literally talking about fucking up one of the most productive societies and country in the world so people can "chill out mannnnnnnn".

There are plenty of degenerate countries that allow degenerate drug consumption, feel free to take a $300 round trip to Thailand from Tokyo if you're desperate enough or stop by Kabukicho and speak to one of the nig nogs on the street, any country you go to they know where the drugs are.

>Weeeeeeddd maaaaaannnnnnn. It's from the earth broski
>>
>>1198616
>the only way to relax is drugs

The 70s were a mistake.
>>
>>1198618
Fucking off weebshit anime was a mistake
>>
>>1198139
I base my weeb dreams on a scale of Letters from Iwo Jima to Midnight cafe
>>
>>1198619
Goddamn auto correct. *fuck off
>>
>>1198617
How would proper drug regulation make them less productive?

Explain
>>
>>1198613
to be honest even with the delays (I've been through a couple) it's still better than almost any other transit system
>>
Crush my naivety please.

I can speak and read half decent Japanese, I want to travel the quaint little nip towns, maybe work in a cafe for a bit making tea.

Is this feasible?
>>
>>1198622
They would be totally chill after they finish work and could triple the amount of work on the other day after they hit the bong.
>>
>>1198616
>Properly relax

Top fucking kek. I never smoked weed in 40 years, I must not know how to "relax".

The most miserable people I know are avid drug users, I'd hate to "relax" like them if that's what relaxing actually is. Hit up a osen and sauna once a week friend, get yourself properly detoxed, being away from drugs might be the best thing to happen to you.
>>
>>1198625
That's the point I'm making.

Instead of what they do now. Sleeping the hangover off in the office
>clocking a 12 hour day
>>
>>1198626
>relax
>need to socialize with another human and exchange cash to acquire means of said relaxation.

When did laying on a couch and staring at the ceiling become not enough for people.
To be alone with your own thoughts, scary shit.
>>
>>1198622
>>1198625
I'd hazard a guess that potentially, given western influence and the fact that western countries seem to be moving towards drug legalisation, there's potentially a chance that down the line, a pro-drugs movement picks up momentum.

I imagine that's a long way off, if at all though, given that the Japs still seem slightly hung up on tattoos, let alone drugs.
>>
>>1198627
Yeah like totally dude, if they hit the bong like daily and between the breaks and make hot-box traincars their economy would quadrapubleduble on the fucking nano-second and everyone would grow giant dicks and everyone has sex with each other and everybody loves it in Japan and then we invent weed sushi - eating raw weed leafes during the sakura bloom which soon will be replaced by the hemp bloom festival.

I read all about it on Vice - they are like totally a super science magazine.
>>
>>1198626
Onsen are gay af. Soapland is more my speed but they are expensive and my wife is nosey af
>>
>>1198632
>He's afraid seeing a dick will make him gay

Onsens are awesome. Nobody cares about your little dick
>>
>>1198624
>Nip

Fuck off back to /b/
>>
>>1198629
That is true, however there are occasions in your life which are better if you have someone nearby to laugh together
>>
>>1198630
Yes dude we will turn Japan into the super-weed country number 1 we will make Mexico look like ass when we start doing all the good shit like cocain and shit.

>>1198632
Yeah dude my wifes (i have 3 of them living in a anti-monogamy relationship because fuck the system) always want me to fuck all the other chicks in Japan that totally love my weed-dick. They are totally hooked to my 18 inch super bong-cock and I'm literally the richest person in Japan and smoke weed every fucking day. I have an IQ of 158 and all thanks to weed.

Do you hit the bong with your wife? I always force my wifes to take super-sex drugs which makes them orgasm like 19 times per minute. I call it opm. Orgasm per minute. I have a patent on it.
>>
>>1198631
OK you need to go back to /a/
And cannabis was prevalent in Japanese culture before the American occupation. It was their 2nd staple crop after rice.

I'm not some hype 420blazeit faggot like you are putting on. I need my plant to stop me from wanting to kill fags like you
>>
>>1198634
I come from /int/

>I can speak and read half decent Japanese, I want to travel the quaint little towns, maybe work in a cafe for a bit making tea. Is this feasible

Happy?
>>
>>1198638
Duuuuuuude, weedlmao. Hit the fucking bong my friend like play the bong like the ass of some bitch nigga. Smoke the good shit do the hemp so you can finally relax. Come on you need another one, right?

If you need a real quick and legal high - try PC dust-off spray. That shit sends you fucking FLYING over the skyscrapers of Tokyo.
>>
>>1198636
This is like the funnier version of autismo-kun
>>
>>1198625
LOL increase drug usage so everyone can be braindead like the average American millennial.

>Millennials are the highest consumers of weed in the US
>Make productive and employable then parents

Not to say this is a correlation but people that I've met in my travels and countries I've been to that allow drug use are complete dirty shitholes and the people are complete assholes. There are many neurological dependencies that are formed with long term drug usage which in many people create anxiety and other issues.

Like I said before, to each his own. There are plenty of other countries that allow drug usage, they just so happen to be complete dangerous shitholes.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201307/does-long-term-cannabis-use-stifle-motivation
>>
>>1198633
No it's not that. And idc about people seeing my cock either. I just nope nope nope close proximity to naked men is a nope for me.

Maybe I was overboard saying gay af. It's just not my thing
>>
>>1198638
>I'm not a 420blazeit faggot
>wants to change the entire politics of a country on his personal opinion
>can't live without his drugs
>has aggression problems without his drugs
>dosn't feel empathy

Are you sure it's the withdrawal from drugs? Or do you simply have autism? The symptoms you're describing fit perfectly for both.
>>
Just out of curiosity, I'm thinking of taking a trip to Japan for like, I dunno, a month maybe?

Does anyone have any recommendations for when the best time to travel is? I was thinking of going somewhere between April and August, leaning more towards August since I've always kinda wanted to do Comiket at least once.

That said, is Comiket even worth doing if you're a gaijin? Or at all? Like, I'm pretty sure you can pick up a lot of doujinshi at Melonbooks/Tora no Ana, right?
>>
>>1198643
Dude like science is totally lying try reading some real science like from vice.com they are like the absolute truth of weed-science.
>>
>>1198644
Have you even tried it? What do you think is going to happen, some old Japanese guy is going to grab your dick?
>>
>>1198650
I'm totally afraid of not being able to hit the bong for longer than 30 minutes and that people find out my dick is smaller than theirs.
>>
>>1198641
Top fucking kek! Reminds me of the Ranchman character that Eric Andre does.

>Ranch me brotendo!
>>
>>1198641
jesus fuck my sides
>>
>>1198645
I don't want to change the entire politics. I honestly can't think of a single country that regulates recreational substances properly. But japan's zero tolerance policy is complete fucking lunacy. And this just happens to be where I live. Hence why I am complaining about japan's policy and not some other country's.

>>1198650
Yes I have. And no they didn't. An old lady once did so (over the pants mind) at an izakaya. Was pretty weird.

Just even in a non sexual context, male nudity just isn't my thing.
>>
>>1198656
>One of the smallest countries in the world
>2nd richest country in the world
>Not legalizing drugs is complete lunacy

God damn you must be autistic.
>>
>>1198656
The real lunacy is that they let you off all people into the country.
>>
>>1198659
Oh I get it now. You some buttmad autburger weebshit who can't come here.
>>
>>1198660
>ur just med xDD

Yeah, way to go buddy. Show us how mature and grown up you are, talking about drugs on the japanese styled image board which purpose was to discuss anime, visiting the japan-travel thread on the travelboard.

I really really REALLY hope that some of the niggers in Ropponogi gives you some pushed shit that kills you.

Did you know that filling out a visa with lies is a capital offence that can lead to 10 years of prison in Japan? They didn't asked the "Did you do drugs before" question just for funsies.
>>
>>1198658
I could definitely be more productive if I had cannabis and maybe some other stuff very occasionally. Of course this is subjective. And it may be true for many Japanese citizens too but they wouldn't want to test it. And I am quite understanding of that too.

You must be the autistic one; unable to tell the difference between someone venting frustration and someone actually thinking nosediving into drug legalisation would be a good idea. Drug policy is very sensitive and no one country in the world is handling it properly. I live in Japan and I hate the zero tolerance policy.
>>
>>1198663
They didn't ask that. They asked "have you ever been convicted of an offence related to drugs"
>>
>>1198666
Same bullshit, different phrasing.

>I never got caught so I could answer "no"

Why the fuck are you even still here? Don't you have a wife to fuck, some mad dosh to earn and a bong to hit? Fuck, I hope Japan puts upen even stricter migration rules. Such self-centered and regressive cocksuckers like you shouldn't be allowed in any country.
>>
>>1198667
Yes yes and no

That's my problem mate I am working for all this money and I have nothing to spend it on.

I am definitely a more productive contributer to society than your spastic weebshit ass, drugs or no.
>>
>>1198670
Now you're jumping to conclusion simply based on the fact that I give you retributal. Guess you aren't used to that. Must be great growing up in a family that gave up on you.

Are you by any chance a nigger? You act in very niggerish ways.

>I do all this work and can't spend my money
Then do a fucking weekend trip to Laos and fucking OD on 100% pure cocain, fucknugget.
>>
>>1198667
And I am still here because you amuse me and I am waiting on someone to drop some knowledge on how to get mashed in this country that doesn't involve alcohol, dxm, mescaline, solvent abuse or breaking the law
>>
>>1198672
Yeah, sure come over to my place I have 8 pounds of Jamaican purpleflurp here.
>>
File: IMAG1397~2.jpg (1MB, 2240x3763px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1397~2.jpg
1MB, 2240x3763px
>>1198672
>Wakes up in Detroit traphouse after a massive crack orgy

Stay woke muh brotha, maybe one day you'll really be in Japan.

(Pic related, call this number 024 is code for 420blazeitfaggot)
>>
>>1198671
Has job. Earning full time wages.
>nigger

Try harder faggot.

>coke in se Asia
>a responsible, educated user would od

Yeah opiates aren't really my thing. Fuck Laos m8
Think I'm dumb? Gonna fly to Laos and get sold smack for coke and od myself

You just mad someone you percieve as being a "junkie" is living in Japan because you want to come here for your degenerate cartoons and comicbooks but probably got denied visa because your itinerary consisted of spending all your time in akihabara and the immigration officers were like "ohfuck another 300 pound America weeb"
>>
>>1198675
Pizza la sucks ass lol
>>
>>1198676
Jumping to conclusion again. Congratulations. You have passed the Autism test. After we evaluated every possible test we can now confirm - you lack of understanding, your self-centerness, the missing empathy. You have Grade A+ Autism.

I'm done here. I'm not gonna waste another minute on some dedicated 420 shitposter posing as gods gift to humanity. See you next week in Tokyo. Oh shit, that's right. You're just shitposting from home writing lies on the internet. What a shame.
>>
>>1198675
My problem is I am trapped here. I do not want to be in Japan.
>>
>>1198680
Then go you fucking idiot? Did the weed damaged your spine so you can't walk anymore?
>>
>>1198681
And do what exactly with my wife?
>>
>>1198683
Somebody has to push the wheelchair.
>>
>>1198684
She won't leave Japan fool. Why do you think I'm in this mess?
I could walk away from anything else.
>>
>>1198684
My fucking sides just went into orbit.

>Do wut with my wife

Don't worry op I'll fuck her and leave her in a ditch. Enjoy your weed maaaaaannnnnnn.
>>
>>1198687
Then leave her? Nigger, you're just stopping yourself there. Go your own way.
>>
>>1198526
It's rakuten. Although they're Japanese through and through, I've heard they're pretty liberal compared to a lot of Japanese companies.
>>
>>1198689
Yea chinks are a dime a dozen in Mexico plus you get all the drugs you want.
>>
>>1198690
Hmm I have a friend that works for a company just like rakuten (I think it's called shop japan) and they hired as a English speaking Jap (got their degree in amerifat). I could definitely ask, you have Line?
>>
>>1198692
Btw according to my friend these companies are very western in their methods (the time you come in is flexible and you kind of make your own 8 hour schedule) they also don't work you to the bone like most Jap companies do.
>>
>>1198678
All japan pizza sucks to be honest. Super expensive and tastes mediocre. Pizza is one thing Americans got right.
>>
>>1198694
>pizza
>american

Did I accidentally clicked on /int/ ?
>>
>>1198696
I'm serious. I'm about to eat some Jap pizza now, got 4 medium pies, came out to $65 with coupons. Medium pies are 12". I would dare to say america’s Little Ceasers $5 shit pizza tastes better than what they offer here.
>>
>>1198697
>american
>pizza

Yeah, I'm on /int/ today. Guess it also not french fries anymore. Or belgian waffles.
>>
File: IMAG1399~2.jpg (1MB, 2406x2031px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1399~2.jpg
1MB, 2406x2031px
>>1198697
Not worth it.
>>
>>1198700
>>1198696

America Pizza and Italian Pizza are totally different and American pizza is far superior. Those spaghetti eating fucks didnt even have cheese on pizza until Americans did it.
>>
>>1198716
Yep, American pizza is far superior to the Italian stuff and most other countries. T

>on /trv/ and doesn't know US has the best pizza

What a fag.
>>
There was this little restaurant that made New York style pizza in Shibuya that I went to, that shit was pretty good. But it was packed with foreigners.
>>
>>1198726
Was the price as crazy as the local shops?

>$30 for large
>>
>>1198729
It was $5 per slice, which makes it $40 for the full thing. Probably a bit cheaper than that though but I didn't buy the whole thing.
>>
>>1198731
Yea I can wait till I get back stateside. Japan has great food, don't need to waste money on shit I can eat in the states.
>>
>>1198735
Try Devil Craft in Kanda or Hamamatsucho. Chicago style pizza owned by foreigners. Pretty good. Doesn't use as much cheese as it should but overall quite good.
>>
Japan was way more anime than I thought to be completely honest. A bunch of girls who run together in almost completely matching uniforms. Neighborhoods that look straight out of a SoL. The way people interact in general.

Also i'm not sure if people gave me weird looks because I was some 6'1 chinese dude or because they knew I was a complete foreigner. I didn't talk much in public transit and im sure I dressed perfectly normal/didn't have anything weird on me but I would always get these weird couple second stares.

Pachinko was disappointing.
>>
>>1198751
>be Chinese
>would get stares

Try being non asian in Japan, you get more than a few stares. Shit gets interesting late night.
>>
>>1198646
Cherry Blossom season is still pretty good time to go. You might dislike that there will be a ton of tourists but... I mean you should do tourist shit in Japan because its all pretty good.
>>
>>1198755
If you want to be like one of the locals just get a job and work 60hrs a week (no extra pay for overtime)
>>
>>1198758
>>
>>1198716
First pizza ever invented had only 3 toppings and one was cheese.
>>
>>1198751
>Japan was way more anime than I thought to be completely honest. A bunch of girls who run together in almost completely matching uniforms. Neighborhoods that look straight out of a SoL. The way people interact in general.

Not surprising considering SOL anime is just an exaggerated version of Japanese life

>pachinko was disappointing

Only because you didn't win senpai
>>
>>1198006
How do I join the Yakuza?
>>
>>1198799
You don't
>>
So l'm into traditional japanese culture, gaming (playing and development), karaoke and music. l also know nothing about Japan's locations.

What are some "must see" locations for me? My time of staying will depend on this.
>>
So l'm from Hueland and (besides the obvious travelling stuff) there's three things l want from Japan:

>a Patchouli FumoFumo
>a Patchouli Nendoroid
>a Keytar

How can l accomplish this? Where should l buy these products from?
>>
>>1198751
Yeah, felt the same way. You recognize all the little background details match very well.
>>
>tfw having to take morning shit in airport
but better to get it out now; i board for tokyo in ~1 hour.
>>
>>1198785
I thought pachinko would be more like slots but its considerably more complicated to win big big
>>
>>1198810
>Patchy Fumo

Start by having good taste.
>>
>>1198832
I never ended up doing because everyone said if you're not spending atleast 10,000 its over way to quickly
>>
>>1198832
I didn't actually know how to play it but a staffer there quickly showed me how it's played. Didn't realize what I had to do once got a ball in though so I lost a bit of dosh on that. Still got around 13k Yen the first time I went
>>
Any of you in Hakuba?

Thinking of leaving early and going to spend some more time in Kyoto/Osaka. This gives me more time to see other parts of Japan in that area. Any tips on cities or towns in that area? I'm interested in historical stuff.
>>
File: SH_Japan_Nights_07138-1200x800.jpg (498KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SH_Japan_Nights_07138-1200x800.jpg
498KB, 1200x800px
So I'll be in Tokyo 1/23-2/3, and I'm thinking of making a day trip to Yokohama to visit the Daikoku Futo Parking Area. Preferably I'd like to try to be there Friday or Saturday night, so 1/27-1/28. From Yokohama I'll need to take a cab to get to the parking area. Would anyone like to join me and split the cab fare? Or has anyone been to the parking area? Does it still get a crowd in winter? Is it worth the trip or should I just keep looking at pictures of cars and be satisfied?
>>
>>1198753
>Shit gets interesting late night.
In what way? In a "I'm going to get mugged and/or stabbed" kind of way?
>>
>>1198886
Have you seen this thread >>1194987 ?
>>
>>1198893
Cheers
>>
>>1198755
>>1198758
I couldn't get a job anyway cuz I don't have a degree.

Cherry blossom season did tempt me though, like, we have a row of trees around here that always look really pretty around mid-April, so I imagine an entire park would look even better?

Also, like, what kind of other things would you recommend checking out in Japan? My budget is only about £3k but time isn't really an issue.
>>
I'm thinking of going to Tokyo this summer, maybe venture around the surrounding countryside a bit.

How should I dress? Everyone always talks about Japanese humidity, but is it really that bad? I don't want to walk around with swamp ass all day if I wear jeans.
>>
Okay, I could use some help, guys.

>be me
>be friends with Japanese girl named Saya
>hang out with her and her family while I'm in Japan
>I tell her I enjoy hanging out with her
>she smiles and thanks me
>I then decide to ask her if I can take her out to a nice restaurant before I leave Japan
>she agrees

I have no idea of any fine Japanese restaurants in the Tokyo area. We are meeting up January 6th. Any recommendations would be great.

It will most likely be near the Shinjuku area because that is where we usually meet up.
>>
>>1198970
Depends on when you go. June to mid July-ish is the rainy season which is cooler. After the rainy season, so the latter stretch of July, the switch is turned on and it becomes about 35 degrees and pretty humid. If you're going in July/August definitely like a tee shirt and shorts or else lightweight pants.
>>
>>1198753
No ones stares at me and i'm a white American with blue eys.
>>
what are nightclubs in tokyo like? visiting in a couople of weeks with the gf. Are there crazy lines to get in? is the entrance expensice. do they just turn you away at the door if youre not dressed properly/ with enough girls in the group?
>>
>>1198989
It depends on the type of nightclub you're trying to get into. Which ones do you have in mind?
>>
So I'll be going to Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto later this month. I've had my flights booked a few months now and every air bnb booked except for Kyoto. Here's where I need help.

I'll be in Kyoto at the end of my trip. I fly out monday, Feb 13 at Narita. It'll take me 4 hours from my nearest station in Kyoto to Narita. Should I stay the night of the 12th in Kyoto? Or book a single night at Narita? My flight is at 16:55 / 4:55 pm on the 13th, so I feel like I'll squander a day if I just stay at an airport hotel the night of the 12th. The trains are reliable, and if I leave early enough from Kyoto I feel I'll be fine getting to Narita, even with human error.
>>
>>1199011
I'd feel safer staying the night closer to the airport; all you're really sacrificing is late afternoon/evening in Kyoto.
With the late departure I'd consider staying in Tokyo instead of Narita - you'll have something to do in the evening, and you can use the morning to go shopping or something before leaving for the airport.
>>
>>1199006
not really anything yet maybe some place with some EDM music and beer
>>
>>1198985
I'm going early June. Sad to hear that it's the rainy season though, although I guess I'm happy it'll be cooler.

Is the rain like Florida where it only comes in the afternoon, or is rain in Japan like an all day thing?
>>
Heading there in Early July with my wife and her friend. We are from the Southeast US so the heat and humidity we are use to however how bad will the rain be? I was in Cambodia in mid July and over the course of 8 days it only rained 2 days, and each day it only lasted maybe an hour. Will Japan be like this, or will it be steady rain throughout the day.
>>
>>1199034
Hey, I'm from Florida and heading out probably around the 6th. When are you going, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>1198892
As in drunk girls stare at you and you can easily hit on randoms.
>>
>>1198984
Doesn't have to be fancy if she likes you. Try hobgoblin if you want to treat her to foreigner food (UK I believe) in Shibuya.
>>
>>1198986
Then you must not be very observant, the Japs are very subtle about it and look away when you look up but it happens all the time.
>>
>>1199038
Going to be there between the 3-16 give or take a few days Depending on the deal we get on flights. Should be ordering tickets next week .
>>
>>1198646
Comiket is really only worth going to if
-there are artists you really, really like and would want to see in person/want their newest work asap, or specific comiket exclusive items you want from the commercial booths
-you're willing to plan out the location of every single booth and what route you're gonna take through the convention area
-you're willing to take the train there extremely early and still wait in line for hours, without a guarantee that you actually get everything you want
-you're willing to deal with hundreds of thousands of people occupying the same area as you

Or if you wanna go just to say you went I guess, otherwise it's just a fuckhuge convention area with a lot of people, nothing really special. The cosplayers are nice I guess
>>
Is there any issue with leaving and reentering Japan with a tourist visa within the allotted 90 days?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
I literally only want to go to Japan to go to a Babymetal concert or two, and rail as many drunk jap club sluts as possible. I have about 10k USD from a lotto scratch off I won to play with.

What is the best time of year to go to do these things?
>>
>>1199060
>grown man who likes Baby Metal
>thinks he's capable of fucking girls

kek.
>>
>>1199033
It's pretty much an all day thing. It's not like tropical rain where it's strong for a short period.
>>
>>1199034
If by southeast you mean the east coast then the weather is exactly what you'd expect for summer. Japanese people will overhype it and try to get you to say its the worst weather ever but its nothing anyone on the east coast has not already experienced
>>
>>1199066
"Oh anon! Did you know japan has four seasons?"

I swear to god, I hear this ever day.
>>
>>1198753
I never noticed much stares while I was there. Especially in and around Tokyo. Different story in more rural areas.

t. ginger
>>
>>1199068
Why don't you try googling it?
>>
>>1198835
Patchy is best 2hu
>>
Thinking about going to Japan as a graduation gift to myself.

1.) Is it safe and good to go alone?
2.) Is December/January a good time to go?
>>
What's all this about spending a night in a manga cafe or something? Is it true you can just sleep in one? What are they?
>>
>>1199040
That sounds pretty neat actually.
>>
>>1199093
This to me always sounds like people trying to ultimately budget and have a trip in Japan. If you're going to visit, why be a scrub about it? It reminds me of the types of people that save left over tobacco in their cigarette butts and rerolling the left overs into a "new" cigarette.
>>
>>1199093
>>1199096
I would strongly recommend to NOT sleep in Manga Cafes/Capsule hotels. It's not comfortable and you will feel like shit the next morning. I'm not even that big with 179cm and still it was a experience I'd rather not enjoy a second time.
>>
I'm going to Tokyo next Month for a week. What are some cool places to check out? And how much Japanese do I need to know to get by? Also, is there anything exciting going on in February?
>>
>>1199093
Yup, you totally can. They're basically a very small booth with a chair and a computer in them. They'll usually have an unlimited soft drink bar, and of course manga to read. Some places have bigger rooms for rent that actually have enough space to lie down in and showers. Like >>1199104 said though they're pretty fucking uncomfortable to sleep in.
>>
Thinking of going to Japan in a few months (so in theory I have time to pick a few key phrases) but I assume visiting Japan without any real understanding of the language isn't much different to visiting any other foreign country?
>>
>>1199115
You don't need to know any japanese. I was fine with nothing but "hai" and pointing at things.

It's a different story if you want to bond with locals, though.
>>
>>1199093
My AirBnB fell through on my first night in Japan and I ended up sleeping in a manga cafe. Too expensive for the time, no comfort, and the cubicle next to mine was trying to quietly fuck.

But it was basically a small rubber room with rubber pillows. If you stood you could see over the side into the next room. There was a computer there and some shared showers. Would not recommend.
>>
>>1199054
Just plan a day trip to seoul.
>>
>>1199127
Yeah I'm planning a 4 day side trip to Seoul in the middle of my 3 week trip in Japan, but none of the sites about Japan visas mention reentry. I'm assuming there's no problem with doing this.
>>
>>1199130
No issue with a tourist visa. If you were on a student visa or something you'd need to go get a reentry permit
>>
>>1199115
All you really need to know is:

Hai (yes)
Arigato (thank you) / Arigato Gozaimasu (thank you very much)
Sumimasen (excuse me)
Gomenasai (sorry)
Daijoubu (it's fine)

That's it really. Most likely the person you're speaking can understand English or speaks it themselves.
>>
>>1199140
You should also understand
Nakadashi (food)
Manko (drink)
Nakadashi ga hoshii is an easy way to ask for good places to eat in the area
>>
>>1199143
>having literal 13 year old boy sense of humor
>>
>>1199150
We're posting on a Vietnamese bestiality imageboard anon, we're all still 13 on the inside
>>
Guys, can anyone recommend a good place for Sanuki Udon in Tokyo?
>>
How is winter for a holiday time in Japan? Especially Tokyo.
>>
>>1199143
Haha dude xD let me repost this joke on fb :)
>>
>>1199167
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>1199088
It's fine
>>
>>1199088
Yes. I went alone and spent all of December in Japan.
>>
>>1199150
>>1199167

O-Oh. I thought Manko sounded familiar...
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1199088
I'm going during winter as well, thinking of going skiing.

Does anyone have a favorite website re ski resorts in Japan? I'm looking for a small to mid sized one, difficulty can be anything as long as it's marked pistes. How does the frequency of signage compare to eg. Swiss Alps?
Have you seen any blog posts of foreigners who have been there skiing?
Okay maybe I should ask google one more time in Japanese or something, and then come back. In English there wasn't much useful stuff. I did got as far as to figure out that I'm going to burn a lot of money with this.
>>
>>1199130

You can do it. They might suspect you at Seoul to be working there illegally or something though, so make sure that you have a return air-ticket back to your own country to show that you do intend to leave and that the authorities at Seoul or Tokyo don't simply send you back to your own country for the lulz.
>>
>>1199166
Shit. I've been wanting to eat out everyday but only famiresu, izakaya and fast food are open. I can only eat mos burger so many times famalam.
>>
>>1198692
Yeah, it's beezyb. Sorry I took so long to respond. I've been outside a lot and my phone doesn't have data.
>>
>>1199192
Tengu mountain in Sapporo area/ Hokkaido prefecture. There are quite a bit of ski resorts in the Sapporo area as well. Small to mid-size, decent pricing and good course.

I'm not huge on skiing so I can't provide more diggs than that but feel free to do research on Google.
>>
>>1199217
What's the line ID? I tried beezyb and it was some Thai chick.
>>
>>1199214
I'm in Sapporo right now and gorging myself on some fucking sweet food. Jan 1 is a bit bad for open stuff, but Jan 2 onwards is fine.
>>
>>1199192
I'm here right now in Hakuba.
First time. Not a fan of the sport,

Ask away anyway
>>
>>1199143
Low tier try better next time.
>>
>>1199093
>>1199104
>>1199124
>>1199109
Indeed there are nicer internet cafes. You just have to find them.
>>
>>1199217
Haha whoops, beezybrian
>>
>>1199096
There's travel for everyone and of any variety. No need for such judgmental arse. Why not try all kinds of it. I would.
>>
>>1199214
Can eat convenience store food all day.
>>
>>1199115
>>1199140
Some pointers (kore, are...) and numbers for ordering stuff goes a long way,
>>
>>1199115
>>1199232
Oh yeah, that one's really good too anon.

Kore Onegaishimasu ("this please" when pointing at something on a menu)
>>
File: killme.png (439KB, 860x645px) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
439KB, 860x645px
>spend two weeks in japan
>literally seas of cute women
>dope convenience stores
>enjoy the infrastructure of the cities

>will never be treated as a native
>will always get weird looks as a foreigner
>will always have second-rate Japanese that make me sound like a dumb immigrant
>heard bad things about the work and societal structure
>>
File: img_museum.jpg (42KB, 600x287px) Image search: [Google]
img_museum.jpg
42KB, 600x287px
How are the weeaboo opportunities in Sapporo? Any recommendations?
>>
>>1199220
Thanks, this is one really good pointer to start my googling rounds.
Seems like a place that has good views, albeit I guess it has to be really really cold there to have good snow, being so close to the shore. Okay off to do my homework on this, thanks again!

>>1199226
Oh god, tears of joy in my eyes just looking at pictures of Hakuba, great stuff.
I'm curious how well the signs are posted. Do they have the sides of pistes marked every 50 or 100 meters or so?
Maps at the top of pistes?

I know I'm not going to some abandoned place in a third world country, just want to know how much of the map I need to memorize beforehand. (Going alone, too.)

How do you like skiing so far btw? Have fun!
>>
>>1199243

There's an anime bar near the shopping arcade. Never went, but I might next time.
>>
>>1199239
Vacation is great but working there is a bad move (at least working for a jap company is)
>>
>>1198006
I train in MMA where I live, and it has always been my dream to take my karate training to the next level and temporarily join a dojo in a forest or on a mountain or something of that nature. Do those things even still exist? Is there a place I can go? If so, how do I contact them from abroad? Or do I have to go there first?
>>
>>1199259
I believe there is something like a cultural exploration visa. Look into that
>>
File: 8RKYOQ8a7nE.jpg (157KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
8RKYOQ8a7nE.jpg
157KB, 1280x960px
I want to go to Japan this summer for 2 weeks. My goal is go there and literally wander around and take photos 24/7, i want to take train pass and travel all over Japan, not just go to Tokyo, Osaka etc. I have few questions:

1) Is it hard there without Japanese language? English isn't my native, but i can speak/read pretty good. Do people really don't speak english there?
2) Is it safe there? If i will sleep on a bench/train for a few hours at night nobody will rob me? I want to go on cheap there, planning to stay at hostels and 24/7 computer clubs as i saw in documentary, but not sure if i will find those in some rural areas.
3) Do people really hate white peapor to thats just a meme? If i will be in trouble or i will get lost, i will be able to get some help from locals?

Basically, that would be first big travel for me, i traveled to Europe and lived in Amsterdam for like 6 months, but Japan seems to me like different world and i'm scared as fuck.
>>
>>1199281
1. You'll be perfectly fine with speaking English. There is English texting literally everywhere that is important enough to have it. And most Japanese people in cities speak the language well enough for anyone to understand.

2. It's extremely safe there. You'll be able to sleep on a train and nothing will happen to you and your belongings. I don't know whether smaller towns have benches, but there's no such thing as benches in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima (those are the cities I visited). You want to sit down? Well tough luck, find somewhere on the ground or a metal fence that separates the street from the road because you won't find a bench in sight.

3. It's mostly just a meme. Japan as a whole might be xenophobic, but on a personal level everyone is super nice. Everyone I've met has been extremely helpful and nice to me, and I'm not even white.
>>
>>1199284
*English text

Whoops.
>>
>>1199274
thanks but this really doesn't help me.
>>
Thinking about a 3 week trip to Miyakojima in July. Any pro tips on what all to do or where to stay?
Thanks senpaitachi
>>
*sigh*
I'll be the lame boring typical /trv/ newb and ask (I actually lurk the board everywhere except Japan generals so sorry ahead of time)

I'm probably gonna go with a couple of friends to the Kansai region (Osaka, Kyoto) to visit a couple of other friends who just moved there. We'll be staying for 2 weeks

I'm the only single one out of all, and was wondering if it's worth the trouble to try and get to know some girl over there.
I've had girlfriends before but they've all been friends for a few months before we went the relationship way, if that's of any importance to the topic.

Basically I have no idea how any of this works in Japan, if it's any different to western places etc.

Thanks in advance, and any suggestions on actual nice tourism is more than welcome!
>>
>>1199310
>>1199259
From what I understand, usually you'd go to your Karate dojo to refer you to your school's dojo in Japan so you can deepen your training under the masters there if you show promise. Great honor, yada, yada, etc.
In lieu of that, some kind of generous monetary compensation might work to get you a referal, too.

Karate's not from the mountains or forests, though, it's from the islands - specifically Okinawa, so that's where you'd want to look. Just ask auntie google.
>>
>>1199259
I have a friend who lives from MMA, he is currently living in Brazil and training there. I say this because I remember him telling me how shitty karate was. Are looking into that only for the experience or what? I cannot deny how comfy it sounds training in a mountain. I know in China there are shaolin temples ready to train you for a whole month as long as you pay for it, but no idea about Japan. Probably asking on Reddit to those who live there might come more handy than this touristy thread.
>>
Has anyone seen Shonen Knife live? Are they good?
>>
>>1199349
3 weeks for Miyakojima seems excessive. I would definitely consider going to the Yaeyama Islands as well, possibly even on Naha (1 week each seems about right)
>>
>>1199413
Not seen them personally, senpai but work keeping in mind that Kurt Cobain was a fan.
>>
How easy it is to open an account with MUFG and get a debit card? I will have an inkan, alien reg card and a working visa.
>>
>>1199463
To add, I do speak some Japanese but I'm not entirely comfortable with legal text.
>>
If anyone is in Tokyo today and wants something to do, their biggest wrestling show of the year starts around 4 at the Tokyo Dome. Top four matches will be sick.
>>
>>1199239
>>will always get weird looks as a foreigner
This isn't really a thing in Tokyo.
>>
>>1199465
Most of the good Japanese banks will deny you or give you shit if its your first bank account and you aren't making a significant initial deposit.

Shinsei is really the only one that doesn't but even then you're limited to their most basic account.
>>
>>1199543
You also legally need an address in Japan before you can open an account
>>
Hey /trv/

I'd like to go on a two week holiday to Japan at some point within two years. I have a pretty good idea of what flight and rail pass costs are but I'm not entirely sure of how much money is required for daily living expenses per day such as for food, lodgings, buses/taxis.

How much spending money would I need for items such as for paying money to see tourist attractions and buying items of worth I'll take back home?

Is it somewhere within the area of $200USD - $400 USD per day?
>>
>>1199624
>tfw living in South Tokyo for $17/day plus food and train ($20)
>>
File: IMG_5827.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5827.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I was able to take photos of Fuji today. I also went to Jukai/Wind Cave so I'm pretty happy.

Here are some of my photos.
>>
File: IMG_5865.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5865.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1199643
>>
File: IMG_5798.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5798.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>1199644
And Jukai
>>
New thread >>1199649
>>
Hey, so my friends and I are planning a week stay in Japan over mid-March. We already have our flights booked and everything. Around the last 3 days or so, I plan on ditching their asses and exploring some of the countryside by myself (want some solo experience, plus they only want to stay in Tokyo). What are some great rural places to visit? Preferably around small, quiet seaside towns.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.