[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. The last airline you flew 2. How was the airplane meal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 14

File: foodfeat-e1454701986888.jpg (82KB, 900x477px) Image search: [Google]
foodfeat-e1454701986888.jpg
82KB, 900x477px
1. The last airline you flew
2. How was the airplane meal
>>
>Royal Air Maroc
>always the same: some kind of weird but tasty cereal (like rice that looks like pasta) chicken Tajin with vegetables such as broccoli, bread and white cream cheese.
6/10 nothing special but filling for a 2h flight ; I'd like they changed the menu every a while
>>
>>1197920
klm
it was somewhere between edible and good. the usual fruit bowl, custard, some stew with veggies... omelette in the morning, etc.
>>
File: finnair_350_starter.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
finnair_350_starter.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
1. Finnair
2. Bretty gud.
>>
>>1197920
Swiss
Just a short haul flight so just a sandwich with chicken breast or cheese.
>>
>>1197920
I fly a lot, but last time I had an airline meal was more than a year ago, when I flew from Moscow to Bangkok direct. Very very few airlines have free meals nowadays, even those not considered low-cost.
>>
1. Ryanair
2. What meal?
>>
File: 1483192316279.jpg (44KB, 574x382px) Image search: [Google]
1483192316279.jpg
44KB, 574x382px
>1. Tunisair
>2. It was alright

Best was and still is Turkish Airlines.

>>1197972

The one you pay for, dunce.

Now that I think about it, my last was with Ryanair, too.
I actually wanted to buy a toy airplane from the magazine but 10E felt steep then&there. Next time though.
>>
>>1197920
1. China Eastern
2. Edible. Various chingchong dumplings for breakfast and fried rice with chicken and shrimp for dinner. Plus a fruit salad for both.
>>
>>1197972
This
>>
File: 1472688061980.jpg (12KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
1472688061980.jpg
12KB, 201x199px
>>1197920

>tfw never have flown first class in my life

Feels bad /trv/
>>
>>1197965
>Very very few airlines have free meals nowadays
That's just absurdly false.
>>
File: 1389115433445.png (484KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1389115433445.png
484KB, 680x510px
>>1197990
On an anonymous cartoon imageboard there's no reason to be embarrassed, anon. Most people on /trv/ would rather save their money (and their frequent flyer points) and take more frequent and longer trips than pay through the nose for a comfier chair to sit in for a couple of hours and a nicer meal.

If food matters that much to you, go to a nice restaurant before or after you fly - you'll still come out thousands of dollars ahead on a long haul flight vs. flying first class.

4chan is full of desperately insecure young men who can be made to feel inferior for almost any reason - don't be one of them, anon.
>>
>>1197992
You're right, but it seems to be increasingly common for the established "legacy" airlines to act more and more like the budget airlines and change passengers separately for things like luggage and food.

I use Finnair a lot and I have to wonder what it is I'm paying for, vs. the budget airlines Norwegian or Air Baltic. Everything other than Finnish memes (coffee and blueberry juice) costs money now...
>>
>>1197998
Yea, Finnair went for some reason the Ryanair route for economy class in short-haul. You still get full meals in long-haul and business class obviously.
>>
>>1197998
>>1197992
Newsflash guys, the meals were never free; it's included in the price of your ticket.
I *like* when an airline gives me the option to bring my own sandwich or pay $20 for microwave chicken and pringles.
>>
>>1198001
Sure, but tickets haven't gone down in price on these legacy carriers and the irritating thing is that they're offering budget-airline standard services but maintaining their old image.

Funny story about bringing your own food, I was on an Etihad flight not too long ago and some kid had brought two foot-long subway subs for the 12 hour flight because he'd only ever been on budget flights before and was shocked that meals were included. His subs slowly rotted in the overhead compartment.
>>
>>1198005
Heh, I could see Ryanair try to pull this for their first flights to the US. "No, no meals included!"
>>
Lufthansa Salmon and rice with the staple brownie, cheese, bread and butter, and side salad. I've only ever flown with Lufthansa and i've never had anything inedible. 6/10

Detroit to Frankfurt btw
>>
>>1198011
Ryanair's CEO wants to try all kinds of shit but he's held back by safety regulations. He was even talking about charging for using the toilet, and having standing room on planes...
>>
>>1198019
He did it because it creats controversy and media attention just like trumo did. All publicity is good publicity.
>>
Emirates. The food was fantastic, it was comparable to something one would make in a kitchen. Not a shill, it was the best airplane food I've ever had.
>>
Delta Airlines
Salted mini-pretzels and ice water. I can't believe they serve that crap on a red-eye.
>>
>>1197931
>>1198012
KLM and Lufthansa are all pretty expensive. I don't understand why they don't give anything more than okay or edible
>>
>>1197995

Thank you friend, that made me feel better
>>
>>1198160
I'd rather they spend the money on wages and maintenance than food. And I think they do a decent job at maintenance. Not the interior of planes, but in general. Speaking of KLM, the Dutch just don't give a fuck about how food tastes.
>>
>Philippine Airlines

These tasy buns with sweet chicken inside. The buns were freshly baked 2 days ago. So good I had 3 of them
>>
>>1197951
That's enough food to last me an hour
>>
1. Air New Zealand
2. Unmemorable. No complaints I guess.
>>
>>1197920
October, Ukranian Airways.
My luggage got broken into and sifted through.
Didnt touch the food. Looked scary.
All food and coffee in the Ukraine tastes like shit imo.
Local beer is good and cheap tho.
Noone smiles.
Visiting Kiev on Defenders day was awesome.
Getting fucked up on tequila on Defenders day was epic(Screaming like an idiot in the streets)
Visiting Chernobyl pre-new containment unit was one of the most interesting days of my life.
>>
>>1198011
Budget airlines in the US don't have meals so I don't understand your post

t. Spirit Air flyer
>>
>>1197920
1. Singapore Airlines, Sydney to Hong Kong
2. 7 course meal. Boston Lobster Thermidor, Chilled Malossol Caviar and the best fucking dessert I've ever eaten in my life. Pear tart thing sprinkled with gold. Served on Givenchy bone china.

Best way to fly.
>>
>>1198231
That's obviously the appetizer. There's also a main course and desserts. Plus small bite-sized things you can order through the flight if you get hungry.
>>
>>1198349
Lower class people get frightened by multi-course meals for some reason. It's strange because in most cases, not enough food is the least of their problems, and yet.
>>
1. Turkish Airlines

2. Really good. Maybe even better than Air France. Service was definitely better. Also free alcholic beverages even from HEL - IST.
>>
>>1197920
Japan, delicious. US, nasty shit. Could have been the airline choice.
>>
>>1198384
On long haul flights it also has to do with the departing airport. Airlines tend to have better food when departing from their home airport.
>>
1. AirFrance, Hong Kong to Paris
2. Amazing, I love shepherds pie.
>>
Etihad, Qatar to Abu Dhabi to Tokyo.
Food was pretty stellar, even in Economy class. I'll be flying them again in February.
>>
I've never understood why people bitch about airplane food. I've flown long haul with Air France, KLM, Aeromexico and AirEuropa and I can't remember having something that was outright bad
>>
lufthansa business class
beef fillet
>>
>>1198390
This. Etihad food is awesome, I had a Belgian waffle for breakfast on an overnight flight
>>
lufthansa economy
lax to fra
beef with mashed potatoes

beef tasted very heavy, fat and kinda tallowy, potatoes had the consistency of wallpaper paste, side salad had some overthickened dressing that seared my throat with unpleasant vinegary stickiness
worst in-flight meal i can remember
>>
1. KLM
2. Meh

I think my favorite airline meal-wise is probably AirIndia. However, they're only good when I'm fly to India - by the time I'm on my way out, I'm usually so sick of Indian food that I give dinner a miss.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 612x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 612x407px
>>1197920
>economy class you get more food
>first class you get a small piece of fish and a shot of wine

Rich people are such suckers
>>
File: SANY0183.jpg (53KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
SANY0183.jpg
53KB, 425x319px
BA, London to Lyon premium economy
quinoa salad with lentils, beetroot and a few other vegetables. tasted good.

Best was Air NZ flying Suva to Auckland.
Worst was pic related, China Southern flying Shanghai to Kunming.
>>
QANTAS flight 611 Brisbane to Melbourme Tullamarine this morning, had a delicious toasty.
>>
Flew Japan airlines had gyudon dinner and a pastry breakfast. Like most airline food it was meh.
>>
>>1198539
And you get multiple courses, and unlimited other food on demand. You poorfags are such suckers.
>>
>>1198160
I find the entertainment is usually top notch
>>
I used to work at an airline caterer as a food checker for the domestic flights a few years ago. I didn't deal with the international flights unless they were to Canada or Mexico, so I'm not too familiar with them.

They all used frozen food for first class, all for the sake of consistency and simplicity. Except for Virgin America who would come up with the most bizarre food fusions (banana sushi) that were often unpopular. Their stuff was all fresh at least.

If you really wanted something freshly made, you could order a special meal. However there's a good chance the person making it will screw it up because they don't understand the meal codes so I hope you weren't ordering it for an actual dietary concern. The kosher meals were also frozen as they were made elsewhere and sealed and certified by a rabbi.

As for economy class, I'd rank Alaska as my favorite. American and Virgin would sometimes have some decent sandwiches, but otherwise they're all mostly stuff you could easily get at a 7-11 for a third the price.
>>
>>1198176
I always like the food KLM gives me (economy)
Mylast flight was from Atlanta to Amsterdam
>>
>>1198695
You must have Dutch ancestors.
>>
Asiana had suprisingly decent meals

Two meals and a small 'snack' meal for a ten hour flight from Japan to San Francisco. First was an offer of either chicken and potatoes or beef porridge and I choose the chicken. Soft bread, decent chicken, some fish fillet salad, and a pretty good tiramisu dessert. What was essentially a microwave pizza in the middle. Then lastly an omelette or I think some korean breakfast? With yogurt and fruit.
>>
1. Easyjet
2. Just a hot bacon roll + sides. Was good, refreshing - and above, all, flying back to the UK from Iceland - at British prices.
>>
>>1198022
This. I had a 16 hour flights and the breakfast/lunch/dinner was very very good and filling. Also the free liquor was very nice.
>>
>>1197920
Worst food I've ever had was some kind of bread stuffing in a roll I got both ways from Heathrow to Prague and Budapest to Heathrow. It was like a stovetop stuffing sage flavored minus the turkey or any kind of meat. Absolutely meatless. HORRIBLE. Thank you British Airways. Is this a usual british pairing for vegans or something? My travel companion actually spit out into her napkin aghast at it.

Last flight I had was only 2.5 hours, so no food served by default. It was JetBlue which I adore for the legroom. They offered a choice of snacks (the proverbial blue terra chips, some kind of cookies, cheddar cracker, craisins, something I forgot and my choice was some kind of popcorn chips that were kettle flavored) and beverage. I now ask for cranberry AND seltzer, and get a double beverage choice that keeps me hydrated longer in their single pass down the aisle. You could buy some more substantial lunchboxes if you wished, that was just different packaged foods like granola bars, sliced salami or dried cherries. Nothing good, really.
>>
File: turkish air breakfast.jpg (69KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
turkish air breakfast.jpg
69KB, 1136x852px
turkish air
food was p good.
>>
Singapore Airlines

Chicken noodles were pretty good actually.
>>
Air Canada

Was puking my guts out the next night on New Years eve in Japan. Thanks Air Canada you fucking faggots
>>
1. Singapore
2. Meh. On the trip there, the guy who I sat next to had the Muslim meal, which was so much better, so I ordered it on the way back. Good stuff
>>
>>1197990
bruhh neither have I, and I promise you, even if I could afford it, I never would.

Rather spend that money at a hotel and nice restaurant, than an airplane lel

At most I would go to business, assuming I had enough money
>>
>>1198279
NZ air doesn't even give free food between Sydney and Auckland :(
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 640x400px
>All these people who have never asked for another serving on an Economy flight

Bruhh, you guys are losing out. I guess I've always kept it my little secret, but don't mind sharing it with you /trv/ellers.

I ALWAYS do it, and I have a 80/20 success rate. They almost always have more leftover trays that they were going to throw away. Infact they always have it, the only time they are going to reject you for it, is if they wanted it for themselves for whatever reason.

Just say you are still super hungry, and if they have any leftovers. They almost always deliver with me
>>
>>1199085
Are you sure you should be blaming Air Canada instead of, say, Suntory?
>>
>>1199256
fatass detected
>>
>>1198480
>by the time I'm on my way out, I'm usually so sick of Indian food that I give dinner a miss.

Have had the same thing on both Vietnam Airlines and Thai Airways, agree 100%. It's all so interesting on the outbound leg but it just comes across as a shit example as stuff you've been having for weeks on the way back.
>>
>>1199256
why would i want any more of those horrible airplane foods
>>
Malaysian Airlines

BEST
FOOD
EVER
>>
>>1197920
1: KAL, LAX to Inchon
2: Outstanding. Kimchi jjigae with fresh steamed rice, kimbap, cheese and fruit, and cheesecake with mango sorbet.
>>
File: IMG_8066.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8066.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>Swiss
Transatlantic flight from JFK-ZRH
First time in business which was dank, food was decent for business. Not the best steak I've ever had but pretty decent. Too much panjuice though lol
>>
>>1197920
1. Cathay Pacific
2. It was alright, nothing to write home about but very edible.
>>
Anyone here ever flown with Oman Air? I'm flying with them London-Oman-Bangok and I'm curious about the food. I've been on plenty of budget airlines for shorter trips, but long haul I've only ever flown with Emirates, so maybe I'm spoiled since their food is pretty great. Also, does Oman Air serve complementary alcohol on-flight?
>>
>>1198285
UIA food out of JFK was terrible IMO. KBP to JFK was much better. Didn't have an issue with the food in Kiev.
>>
>>1197920
Qantas

Sat in the back row so they only had the salad left

>It was really good
>>
Emirates and I can't remember what the meal actually was but after landing I had to leave the customs queue to vomit
>>
>>1197972
>>
Flew on air canada. It was pretty decent. No complaints. My gf and i are both vegetarian and they had decent food. And unlimited beer and wine so no worries
>>
United. Meal was surprising OK for a long-haul. They cancelled the breakfast service because one of the bathrooms was broken and there were too many people using the other toilet and the corridor were too busy for service. Not sure if that was a legitimate reason but whatever.
>>
Air India

It was good, could've used a bit more spices but it was tasty and varied (veggieballs, a mini-dosa, vegmush, bagel, fresh veggies, sweet porrige, candy).

3.5/5 on airplanefood scale.
>>
1. Air India

2. Lasagne, it was pretty shit, similar quality to the boxed microwave meal from the supermarket. I boarded in Rome so I figured since the catering was from Italy, the lasagne would be good -wrong. I looked around at the curries eating their curry and was quote envious.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 750x1334px
>>1198557
BA Business Class is much better.

London Heathrow to Venice, 2.5 hours. Linguini was fucking delicious. Lots of free champagne and the cabin manager gave my ex and I a couple bottles to take with us. So many G&Ts.
>>
Flydubai a couple of years ago, can't really remember but think it was about standard.

Food on planes just doesn't happen in Europe anymore, only on long haul flights. Maybe it's because about 90% of affordable flights are Ryanair or Easyjet now. In fairness a flight between two western European cities is a similar price to a good meal.
>>
>Saudia
>still feeling sick

and I only ate the first out of 4 meals offered (2 on the first flight, one on the second and one - unexpectedly - in the airport in Riyadh after getting off the first flight)
>>
>>1202051
>flying on an airline that doesn't serve alcohol

No. Just no.
>>
TAP
Was pretty good. First trip was early morning. Had a tasty spicy sausage, some not so good potatoes and bread and yoghurt.

Return trip was in the evening. Meatballs in tomato sauce with rice. Don't remember the dessert.
All in all pretty good.
>>
genuinely never have had a meal on a flight ever. but then again I've only ever flown ryanair, wizz air and easyjet
>>
>>1197920
Finnair Economy
Pretty good, comparable to SAS
>>
>>1202061
Best thing about TAP is the stewardesses. They have been top tier cuties every time I've flown with them
>>
>>1202096
Long haul obviously. Short haul Finnair in cattle class has no food other than sandwiches you can buy. Not even included in the price.
>>
>>1197920
Cathay long haul.

I usually order lacto-ovo-vegetarian, but tired of airlines messing up and giving me vegan instead. (Ethiopian Airlines). Cathay (and Turkish Airlines) always have a regular somewhat vegetarian thing on the menu anyway, so I order that instead. It is usually top tier. Tends to be pasta with a good sauce.

The worst things are the breakfasts. I hate when I do two flights in the morning, and get served egg twice. A bit nauseating.
>>
>>1202102
Yep, one of them was extremely qt and the rest were perfectly fine.
>>
>>1197920
holy shit, I been a poorfag for too long. I would pick the economy class meal over that plain looking fish.
>>
File: wef22f.jpg (180KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
wef22f.jpg
180KB, 600x376px
Aeromexico
>>
>>1197920
is this picture a meme? That first class food looks really bad. Look how discoloured the top centre of the salmon is.
>>
File: 1484454414010.gif (2MB, 398x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484454414010.gif
2MB, 398x300px
Air Canada to Thailand.
Jesus fuck, I'm actually nearly 100% sure they served us MRE menues. It was crazy as fuck. Everyone needed to use the bathroom at the exact same time that we were flying over Turkey.
>>
File: Fat_4625a4_5576352.jpg (70KB, 636x778px) Image search: [Google]
Fat_4625a4_5576352.jpg
70KB, 636x778px
>>1197920
>needing to eat while on a plane ride
How fat can you fuckers be that you can't survive a few hours without eating shit? Pathetic.
>>
>>1203835
for a 5+ hours flight is a reasonable thing, but americans need to eat even in a 2 hours flight.
>>
>>1198404
Fly a North American carrier and then you'll understand.
>>
Singapore to Helsinki on Finnair
I didn't feel like throwing up, so OK I guess. Previously had mostly bad experiences flying Finnair
>>
I flew Delta domestically so no meal but they served these awesome blueberry granola snacks. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I forgot to remember the name of them but now I want to order them online.
>>
>>1203835
>> Amateur who has only done short flights less than 8-10 hours
>>
>>1197920
I flew a 1 hour and 20 min flight from Juneau Alaska to Anchorage Alaska. I rode first class on Alaska Airlines, and the meal was a spinach mushroom burrito. I had terrible breath the rest of the day. It also tasted terrible.
>>
>>1197920
KLM.
It was very good.
It was some kind of beef stew with potatoes. The stewardesses kept coming through with midnight noodles or ice cream. Ugly stewardesses but good snacks.

Best food is Korean air though, for food they can't compare.

Also, I don't care about food or seats or anything. Only thing I hate is transferring on airports. I need my stress free direct flights. Anything else is very trivial.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.