[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Guys, Ive been traveling for about a month and a half now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1482947070267.jpg (36KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482947070267.jpg
36KB, 960x543px
Hi Guys,

Ive been traveling for about a month and a half now and suddenly I've been experiencing strong anxiety symptoms. Recently it's been harder to breath and feel relaxed and I've never experienced this in a big way.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it's common for travel for extended periods.

My personality seems to go from confident fun holiday guy to awkward extreme introvert for seemingly no reason.
>>
I haven't had those physical symptoms, but the emotions you describe are very common; I've been there many times.
My philosophy in that situation is "Take control". Do whatever it takes. Take a break. Take a boat to an island to chill out alone. Do HelpX for a couple weeks. Spend a few days in the wilderness. Don't go home except as a last resort.
>>
>>1197388
Oh, and make fists with your toes.
>>
>>1197388
Yeah I think you're right, ive done two tours back to back and been gogogo even in between.

I need some relax time.

I feel a bit better today after having a much slower day yesterday.
>>
>>1197376
My advice is to take an ice cube and rub it on your temples and upper cheeks. This will slow your heart rate significantly.

You might be worried about thieves. Stuff your really valuable stuff in some sort of long term storage thing and try living with only the shirt on your back - for best effect, do this is a quiet, unpopulated area, like an unpopular beach, or a forest.
>>
>>1197376

This is totally OT, but there is a small chance that it's relevant:

Not sure whether you ever had a panic attack or not...
I have these symptoms when a panic attack is near. And a panic attack is near when I don't let my (negative) emotions surface. Eg. I smile and go out when I actually just want to crawl up in a corner and cry. (Like I had to take exams right after my grandma died, she was the closest to me in the whole world. During exams you can cry, but I wanted to look strong, which was dumb.)

Regular doctors weren't of any help, all they said was "to reduce stress".
When I once ended up in ER cause I couldn't breathe, I thought my tongue was so big that it made me suffocate, and was sure I was dying -- the doctor was great at ER. He just sent out everyone out of the room, and said:
- I know how hard it is. I've sent everyone away, I'm just staying here cause I'm not allowed to leave you alone. I won't tell anyone. It's okay to cry now.

I started to cry like a baby, and suddenly I could breathe freely again.

This might be very very far from your problem of course... But it might be just that you feel lonely or somehow under pressure.
>>
I had this happen sometimes on my RTW trip. It's okay, it will pass. Go somewhere just to relax on your own and watch some netflix, or go meet people outside of the hostel circuit, whatever you feel like.

If you want to get at the root of the anxiety and you happen to be around the Amazon, Ayahuasca could help you. It helped me understand and accept the root of my own anxiety, and wasn't nearly as scary as people say.
>>
>>1197376
Have you masturbated?
>>
Renting a vehicle helped a lot last time I felt this way. Three months in SEA had turned me into a twitchy, gibbering wreck. I rented a car and just drove down a coastal road along the Indian Ocean, no plans, no map, nothing in my head except peace. Was a good time.
Car rental is surprisingly affordable, especially if you car-camp instead of sleeping in hotels.
>>
>>1197376
It's a panic attack at it can just come at you randomly no matter where you are.

You have to learn techniques to deal with them like breathing techniques that slow your heart down.

Sooner or later after you learn that you can deal with panic attacks and that they are something that you can overcome and won't destroy you, they will come less and less.

It also helps do think your anxiety through to the worst case scenario that you are actually afraid of. Like for example that you shit your pants in public. Sure it would be extremely unpleasant and embarrassing, but life will still go on after that point and after some time has passed you will be able to laugh at even the most embarrassing shit that can happen to you.
>>
>>1197715
Yes - I have been once or twice a day, but it doesn't really seem to help
>>
>>1199031

yeah thats probably a big reason right there bro. Once or twice a day? Make that once or twice a week.
>>
you seem unexperienced in these symptoms, but it could lead you to worse stuff (even life threatening) if you don't take it seriously, so pay attention. No need to be alarmed but take good care of your mind, practice awareness, meditate, listen to your body - else you can be on a plane going home very soon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.