[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What degree should I get for jobs that is centered around travel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 787-9-specs-bg.jpg (172KB, 1500x585px) Image search: [Google]
787-9-specs-bg.jpg
172KB, 1500x585px
Hi, so I am having a bit of a midlife crisis, 34 and I am bored with my job. Thinking of going back to school part time to get another degree. My favorite thing to do is flying(not piloting them just sitting in them) and traveling the world. What jobs/degree do you recommend that allows for a lot of travel which isn't a sales job. Like I want to be the guy they call to fix people's Cummins engine or some weird computer glitch. Afterwards I can go out, get drunk and fuck the local whores.
>>
Had a relative do this. Aim for some sort of exec job within a multinational corporation. You may be required to meet with branches around the world. If you're married or have a kid, being always away will fuck with your relationship big time.
>>
>>1197267
Certain project oriented IT jobs are location independent and usually revolve more around deadlines rather than a 9-5 schedule.
But it's not like you can just "fall into" such a job.
>>
You can teach english in Asia but then you'd be making peanuts.
>>
>>1197267

My dad did IT and started out doing on site support for a multinational company. For the first 5 or so years of his job he was flown around mostly Central Europe but also other parts of the world too including North America and Asia. Downside is he was moving so fast he didnt get to an aweful lot.
>>
You could do one of the coding boot camps and then work remotely in software development.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're naturally good with logic, abstract math, and solitude though.

Also go date the locals regularly, you don't need whores. At 34 you can still date 18 year olds in other countries if you have a 1st world passport.
>>
>>1197267
I imagine, you'll come to hate it in half a year. It's like usual office job, where planes are frequently used to commute.

Still, I think it can be quite refreshing until it turns into routine.
>>
>>1197267
Academia or modeling. But I guess neither of these choices suits you.
>>
>>1197267
start building websites and become good at it. or start your own.
>>
Air marshall
>>
Didn't that Nestat guy make like 25 million a year just reviewing 1st class air travel and Apple/Tesla products?
>>
>>1197766
>Academia
There's not much constant travel involved in academia; some conferences here and there and your qualifications open up opportunities overseas, but in a medium or long-term way. Indiana Jones is a movie, remember.

OP sounds like he's 34 going on 14, by the way.
>>
Do Political Science, Law, Int. Relations or anything of that nature and apply to be an Embassy Worker.

Ideally get as much semesters abroad as you possibly can and get fluent in as many languages as you can (fluency is important when it comes to this, being b1/b2 in two languages is worth a lot more than being a1 in ten). I'd recommend going for either Chinese or Arabic if you want to be really save.

As for the job itself (this goes for our Foreign Ministry in Germany) you get a position at an embassy for 3-4 years each time before getting sent elsewhere
>>
>>1197922
Depends on the field and position. Dad was a professor of immunology and he was away at international conventions at least once a month
>>
>>1197480
This IT will fly you around a lot, especially if you look for contract jobs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.