[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-12-27-23-54-15.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-27-23-54-15.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Italy thread

HI, I'm planning a trip through northern Italy with my girlfriend this summer. We thought about something like
>flight to Rome, 4 nights in Rome
>3 nights in Florence
>2 nights in Venice, bus back

Yeah, 2 nights in Venice sounds too long, but we need to catch our bus from there.

Is this any good and should we pick other destinations aswell? We would have one night in between those three cities to spend. We thought about spending this night in either on the the medium sized cities like Siena, Assisi or Ravenna or to find a nice and quiet place somewhere in the Toscana. Can you recommend us some places for this night?

The trip will take up to 12 days. We are interested in antique architecture, culture today, photography and Assassin's Creed (that's why we also think about visiting Monteriggioni, how would you get there on a budget?)

Hope some anons can help us out. Cheers
>>
>>1196396
>Yeah, 2 nights in Venice sounds too long, but we need to catch our bus from there.

I stayed there 4 nights and am going back there this summer again

Venice is a lovely city, even with all the tourists
>>
>>1196399
Sounds great. What can you recommend there as it's my girlfriend's birthday when we arrive in Venice. We are on a short budget, so cheaper or free activities would be appreciated.
>>
What is the ideal route to go between the following cities?

Florence, Venice, Rome, Cinque terre. Only gonna be there a week, so I know it isn't a lot of time but I may be able to extend it to 10 days. But yeah I was wondering what city I should start out in and where to go from there. Thanks.
>>
>>1196396
4 nights in Rome is way to long, stay in Northern Italy and stay the fuck away from Rome, it's a shithole city with shitty sketchy nightlife and a few attractions, spend a day there maximum

Do go to Assisi, I stayed in Trento and I thought it was pretty nice

>>1196482
There's no ideal route, if you are into antique architecture, why not go to eastern europe?? it's cheap and the trashiness level is about the same as Italy

Protip please lower your expectations for Italy, realize most of it is tourist traps and shit, very hard to go off the beaten path

Try going to the smaller towns in Italy, the big cities are cool but i loved the small little towns
>>
If you could visit only one art gallery/art museum in Rome or Florence, which one would you pick?
>>
>>1196854
are you fucking retarded, there is a fucking giant art gallery/art museum dead in the middle of Rome
>>
>>1196891
>implying we won't be going to see the historic sites of Rome

Nonetheless my girlfriend would like to go to one of the big art museums like Galleria dell'Accademia or Uffizi. We are wondering which one of those Rome and Florence have to offer are the best.
>>
>>1196488
Oh, this guy again. For some reason he's extremely butthurt about Rome and shits on it in every possible thread. Did your gf cuck you there or something?
>>
File: IMG-20160804-WA0001.jpg (25KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160804-WA0001.jpg
25KB, 600x409px
Bump
>>
>>1196488
I think that'll be the plan if I go to Italy again sometime, but this time I'm going with my mom and sister and that's where they want to go. But anyway, I still am not sure what city to start in and then which to end in/etc
>>
>>1196396
The south is better
>>
>>1197037
If there's only one you can/want to go to, it has to be the Vatican. I like it more than the Uffizi, even though the Uffizi's usually less packed than the Vatican. Last year (when I was there) the guards started cursing out loud in Italian because they couldn't handle a group of Singaporeans/Malayans/??? anymore. Was pretty great.
>>
>>1197071
>gf cuck you there
sounds like a case of roman fever
>>
>>1196488

Actually one should definitely get off the beaten path in Italy more than any other place, since it's so full of rich cultural heritage and natural beauty but so badly organised.
>>
>>1198124
That's what we'll do as soon as we got our own car. Until then we are still searching for hot and hidden spots in the cities above!
>>
Agree re small towns being Italy's delight. And second the recommendation of Assisi (easily reached by train from Rome). And add to another gem of Umbria, Orvieto - which is quite breathtaking, and sort of on your route between Rome and Florence.

Another absolute favourite place of mine in Italy: not that far from Venice: Mantova. Aldous Huxley said it was the most romantic place in the world. Maybe he wasn't wrong....

You could visit Verona as a day trip from Venice easily enough (eg by train).

In Venice, be sure to walk about the entire main island =- it's not so big. You can be off the tourist beaten track fairly quickly, even within 20 mins walk of the railway station, if you head to the old Jewish ghetto and around and beyond. The Accademia is a pretty decent art gallery, though obviously the Uffizi in Florence is about as good as it gets (but for that one:go early in the morning, queue up before it opens - the crowds can be horrendous.).

I think Florence a bit overrated. Great art and museums, yes. beautiful cathedral, on the outside, yes. But Siena has more character and energy on its streets. Plenty of agreeable small towns you can easily reach for an evening nearby to (eg Pistoia)
>>
>we also think about visiting Monteriggioni, how would you get there on a budget?

There's a railway station a fairly little way outside, called Castellina inChianti-Monteriggioni, on the railway line that links Empoli (where there are connections from Florence), Siena, Poggibonsi, Orvieto and Orte. You could get a frequent bus fro m the main street near the station to Monteriggioni

Or, there are buses every hour (route 130) from Siena directly to Monteriggioni. They won't cost much.
>>
Cheers guys! This helped a lot
>>
Italian here. I travelled a lot in my country, and i suggest you to visit of course Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan, but also to find little almost unknown cities like Marcianise, Pienza, and all of those city in Tuscan, Emilia-Romagna, Umbria, Marche, but also Veneto, that are insanely beautiful, to visit just in half a day. The only problem is, that are hard to reach if you are not travelling with your own car
>>
>>1200392
hey my friend and I are trying to decide between visiting naples/pompeii or florence. What would you say has the most to see, if you could only choose one?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.