[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Kiev and Odessa for a total of 6 days, 3 at each. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: doge red.jpg (33KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
doge red.jpg
33KB, 480x720px
Going to Kiev and Odessa for a total of 6 days, 3 at each. What places should I book a trip to? I want to see Chernobyl very much. Any tips on that?
>>
>google chernobly tour.
>book tour for your dates.
>>
>>1196312
No, I mean, that's easy enough. But are there any advice someone can give on or about the tour that I should brace for?

Also, I want to go to a ballet or opera in Kiev
Can someone also spoonfeed me on that
>>
>>1196316
i went about 2 years ago now i may not have the best advice for you but all i did was call them ask for english then they set a time and place for me to meet.
>about the tour that I should brace for?
nothing mate the route you will take will be a tourist one which has been walked on by thousands of people now.
>>
for the opera just look up what you want to see and see if its playing and when im going to assume you speak no russia so my best advice would be just asking people most people in Ukraine speak at least some English.
imo its pricey as fuck but if you got the money i hear it is pretty good.
>>
>>1196319
>then* (fuck i hate trying to write in english)
but really man if your at a hotel there will be an info desk with a man there who would be able to book it online for you if you ask. a hostel owner probs wouldn't do this for you but they would show you were to go and tell you who to ask for tickets.
>>
>>1196319
>>1196318
Thanks, mate. I will monitor thread for future advice

Do Ukrainians generally speak English? I imagine most of the elderly do not. When I was in Sweden, some of the clerks and what not were elderly and it took me a lot of time to communicate
>>
>>1196319
The opera is not expensive at all, especially in Odesa. At least, not for foreigners.>>1196320
>>
>>1196322
Most Ukrainian people do not speak English. If you are at a a big hotel chain or popular store some workers will speak it, but don't rely on that.
>>
>>1196350
Should I buy a Ukrainian-English dictionary or download a translator app?

I bet the hotel will help me a bit but I will be venturing out as much as possible.

Also, does anybody know any good places to visit? I enjoy science, modern art, and war museums and aerospace related shit like the Udvar Hazy center of DC.
>>
>>1196352
The "In Your Pocket" guides (free) have some good tips for central and eastern Europe. It's probably easier to download the new pdf version of their guide. They're designed for normies, but they give good advice on restaurants and stuff like that.

https://www.inyourpocket.com/kyiv
>>
>>1196311

you should befriend the younger locals if you want to get drugs/pussy

ukrainian girls are thirsty for foreigners

with that said, the beaches (otrada, arkadia) in odessa are fun hangout spots and derebasovkaya in downtown odessa is where the tourists are
>>
Hi. If you can find a Ukrainian/Russian speaker to book a trip to Chernobyl for you it will be SIGNIFICANTLY (say 70%) cheaper.

Kiev is amazing, as is Odessa. Went in summer and can't wait to go back in the coming year. It's mindblowingly cheap and the women are simply incredible.
>>
OP here. What the fuck?
I called like 5 different hotels in Kiev
Literally none of them speak English

From 1-10 how fucked am I
>>
>>1197594
I don't believe you desu. Try airbnb/cs then or find some slav to arrange things for you.
>>
>>1197596
>I don't believe you desu.
Wow, that really hurt, dude. You broke my heart
>>
>>1196316

Not in Ukraine, but I went to a ballet at the Bolshoi in Moscow once.

10/10 would do it again anon, definitely worth the money
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.