[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Year in retrospect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: 2016.png (212KB, 5997x2031px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
212KB, 5997x2031px
>Where did you go in 2016?
>What was your favourite country and/or city?
>What was your best experience?
>What was your worst experience?

>Where have you got booked for 2017?
>Where are you hoping to visit in 2017?
>>
>>1195699
Austin, TX
New Orleans, LA
Sydney, Australia
Auckland, New Zealand
Miami, FL
Los Angeles, Ca
Auckland was pretty cool, Austin was a nice 2nd
Hiking some of the islands around Auckland
Texas was hot as balls
nothing
Ireland, England (a 2nd time), another random European country
>>
File: IMG_1627 - Copy.jpg (316KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627 - Copy.jpg
316KB, 1143x857px
1. December 2015 - February 2016: India and Thailand (ten days in Thailand)
2. Late May 2016 - Early June 2016: Costa Rica and Nicaragua
3. Crossed into Canada a couple times for dates (I live near the border)
4. July 2016 - December 2016: India
I've been to India seven times and normally have a decent time there. I liked Leon, Nicaragua, a lot, and had some fun times in Manali and Rishikesh in India on my last trip. From winter, I absolutely loved Kolkata. Amazing city full of history and fantastic people.
Motorcycle stuff is near the top. I learned how to ride in India, bought a bike in the United States, and went dirtbiking in Nicaragua. Rode a Royal Enfield around the Himalayas, went white-water rafting in the clean part of the Ganges, and met some great girls.
I was deadly ill when Narenda Modi announced that the Indian 500 and 1,000 Rs notes were being taken out of circulation. Without cash and with a card that was being rejected by most businesses, I spent nearly a week vomiting my guts out with no money. If I hadn't had local friends able to help, I don't know what I would have done.
Nowhere yet. I'm going with a friend to West Virginia in two weeks, hitchhiking to another city, and taking the bus back home. Also going to catch a ride with a semi-truck to Laredo, TX, and get some tacos in Nuevo Laredo in early January (used to work for a logistics company and still have some hook-ups with drivers).
I have $300 in JetBlue credit (I had been planning to go to Mexico in March 2016 but canceled my ticket because I was low on funds), so I'll fly to Costa Rica, Mexico, Cuba, or some other destination in Central America or around the Caribbean. Hopefully I can go to India again and visit a friend in Tanzania.
>>
File: IMG_20160902_142455.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_142455.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1195699
Moved to the UK (just before Brexit, so I'm not getting thrown out! Whoo!). I went to lots of little places all over. The entire country is sort of a shithole, but I still like it. Ireland and Portugal were both great.
Porto, m8.
Hiking alone in the Peak District in bad weather, with hardly anyone around.
I miss my doggo. ;_;
The Netherlands in February, the Czech Republic in March/April.
See above. I'd like to go hiking in Scandinavia/Scotland too, sometime in late summer.
>>
>>1195699
Spain (mostly Andalusia and a few days in Catalonia)
Portugal (south, we were mostly admiring the nature, but we made it to visit Lagos, pretty cool)
France (Paris, in Andalusia we met some friends who live there so they showed us round)
Gibraltar
I was also driving trough Germany, but we didn't stop anywhere
Malaga because of the general vibe and Gibraltar because of the airport that was really astonishing (we arrived just before a plane departed so we saw that). Also it's a cool feeling when little monkeys jump on your back to play.
Listening to music on the beach, admiring the sky and the sea in a small city near Malaga.
The GPS was a dumb-ass and it led us through French villages with really bad roads.
nothing
Czech Republic
>>
Switzerland (hi), Germany, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, UK, too many transfers at CDG
I can't pick one. I'm definitely going to be back to Taiwan and Switzerland. (Also moving my base to the UK.) I could spend months just hiking and eating based in Hualien and Taipei. Also I've been to the Alps many times before, yet Switzerland was like "hello, I'm home" cause it was impossible not to see mountains at all times.
Spontaneous guided group meditation during sunset at Railey West in Thailand. My friends and I mostly just tease each other non stop, we're not serious at all. I didn't know they also regularly meditate, so it was fucking weird to start, but it ended up great.
Besides the obvious ugly family fights in Thailand (not going on a trip with my dad for another 10 years), security staff making me lose my phone at CDG combined with not having a backup yet of some of the new contacts in there. I won't ever be able to contact those nice people again. I still need to go back to Paris and file a report with the police, luckily my insurance company paid even without it.

Poland end of June

As much of the UK as possible, Iceland, Japan, Argentina, Chile
>>
Not as well travelled as you guys but anyways:

Scotland, Poland, Netherlands and Germany, Oslo, bunch of places in Spain
Poland was a huge surprise. I had not planned fuck all cause I was visiting a friend and she was showing me around for the whole trip. I guess I was kinda expecting it all to be commieblocks and boiled potatoes but I was surprised by the nice rebuilt architecture and the amazing food.
As far as cities go, probably Krakow. Hamburg and Amsterdam were, also levely.
Scotland, I did my year abroad there and I was in love with the people and the nature of this country. I was very sad to leave
Not bad per se, but Berlin was kind of underwhelming. Loved the nightlife there though, and I'm sure I would have found many great things if I had stayed longer.
>>Where have you got booked for 2017?
Nothing yet
Visiting some friends in Milan and Turin, migt try to squeeze either Firenze or Venezia too. I also want to see more of Eastern Europe, and I want to fo back to Amsterdam with some friends this time. I received a small inheritance and I was tempted to blow it on a trip to India, but it will have to go towards funding my masters. Oh well.
>>
File: 20160907_104927.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_104927.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Vienna, Budapest, Antalya, Lisbon, Sao Paulo
Lisbon was very great.
Standing on one of the viewpoints at dusk starring into the sea while enjoying a fresh bottle of iced tea. Life can be so simple sometimes.
Ran out of cash and was too drunk to remember my pin code for my credit card so I had to walk home at 3am in Sao Paulo.
I am afraid that I will need my money for university now.
If I can go at least to one nice city in Europe I would be quite happy. Maybe Prague.
>>
All over West Germany
Amsterdam
Salzburg, Austria
Livingston, TN
Favorite city was Amsterdam.
Playing soccer with some lads with the sound of music scenery around us in Austria. We played for three days straight and went on a hike.
Nothing too bad. Stayed in a musty/moldy cabin for a week in TN.

Nothing booked
Cambodia or Argentina
>>

Kind of a tame year for me travel wise, but I went to:
Iceland
Norway
Went on a road trip to visit a lot of the US national parks with my little brother. So Yellowstone, Tetons, Glacier etc.

I loooooved Montana. Easily my favorite state now. It's big, gorgeous, people are incredibly genuine, and the beer and food is great.
I saw the Aurora Borealis in Iceland which was incredible
Probably getting a gas tank leak late at night in Jackson Wyoming. All the hotels were booked up and I spent a good 2-3 hours looking for a room. All things considered though Jackson is a nice town to hang around while waiting for your car to get fixed.
Me and the gf are going to Austin to visit my little brother for a weekend
I start law school in the fall so its kind of my last chance to go to some interesting places for a while

I'm hoping Georgia, but the gf has family working in Australia so we might go visit them.
>>
File: SAM_3272.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3272.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I clicked 'post reply', thought for a minute, then realized 2016 was the first year since I was a little kid that I haven't traveled out of the country. I didn't realize because it's perfectly bookended by Morocco last December and Bali this coming January. Still, 365 days in my redneck town, I'm amazed I've pulled through.
>2017
Bali for three weeks in Jan
Senegal for three weeks in April
Might be moving to Edinburgh if wife can get into grad school there.
>>
>>1195699
Greece
Skiathos is a very nice city
Taking the bus to Skiathos (city). It's truly a beautiful place
I'm very heat sensitive so 32-37°C paired with the burning sun left me with sunburns. The trash some people left near shadowy places and sea urchins cut down from rocks and left intact on the bottom of the shallow few metres of the sea in some more remote areas was ot so good, but not a dealbreaker
>What have you booked for 2017?
Nothing yet
>Where are you hoping to go in 2017?
I'd like to visit Germany once and make vacation near the beach in some city in Slovenia (I don't really know that much about Slovenia but I heard Koper is great)
>>
Lebanon, Denmark, and Spain were all independent trips.
Then I spent the summer working in Taiwan after which I also traveled to South Korea and Japan

I always love going back to Tokyo as there's always so much things to do. I was really surprised by Seoul as well. I felt a bit lost in the begining but quickly came to love it.
Hanging out with some locals and Syrians in Lebanon and going to a lebanese club with Arabic music and dance ties with traveling around by local trains in Japan. Went from Tokyo all the way to Fukushima with maybe 15 changes and stops on the way.

I was going to couch surf but the host never showed up. As I came to the city late in the evening I just walked around all day and slept a bit in the train station until it opened. Turned out alright but was the first time I've slept in the open.

I'll go to Israel in a few weeks. For now that's the only thing booked.

I really want to travel more in Europe and visit an African country and I've been thinking about Morroco. Hopefully I can go somewhere in the spring. Otherwise I really hope that I'll get an internship I'll apply for in China and that I can travel a bit more around the country. I really want to go to Kyrgyzstan some time so if I can stay in China I might just go there
>>
I moved out to Qatar to start a contracting job with the US Gov't. Protip: Qatar is a bit of a dump. It isn't 3rd world shithole, they're trying, but it's still a dump. Qatar winning the bid for the 2022 World Cup is such a fucking joke.

In June, I traveled back to the US, didn't do much other than spend a day at Universal Studios Orlando with my cousin. It was fun.

Early July, I took a trip out to Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE. Shit was pretty awesome. I got to ride the world's fastest roller-coaster at Ferrari World, and went to the top observation deck of the Burj Khalifa, the world's (current) tallest building.

The capstone of this year, however, was my trip out to Tokyo! It was simply amazing. We did the Robot Restaurant, Odaiba, went up Mt. Kinka to tour Gifu Castle, played with some squirrels on Kinka, visited shrines and temples; I went to the Edo Museum, and Tokyo Tower!

In February of 2017, I'm heading back to Japan. I'll be visiting the Samurai Museum, cat cafes, planning on heading up to the Zao Fox Village, going to spend a day at Fuji-Q Highland amusement park, and who knows what else!

People keep saying that 2016 was awful, I beg to disagree. I landed a job in a far-off land that pays enough for me to significantly pad out my savings account, AND I've had some great travels! 2017 looks just as bright for me!
>>
I was traveling continuously, continuing on a RTW from November 2015. South America, Asia, and Africa, about 18 countries in total (though some of that was for a few hours, some were a few months).

Favorite country was Brazil. The people are amazing and the women are mind-blowing in every way. I am seriously considering going back there, living, and hunting for a wife.

Riding down Vietnam on a motorcycle, mostly on back roads, for a month. The daily insanity that I ran into was just off the charts compared to any of my other travel experiences. It pushed me to my limits there.

Getting sick with some unexplainable shit that kept coming back, making me very tired and uninterested in actually enjoying where I was. Hit me for months, saw different doctors, never really solved. Hope to god I didn't pick up AIDS or some terrible shit like that from fucking all the locals that I did.

Nothing. I have to become employed again before I can think about traveling.

Brazil, Taiwan. My favorite places from the trip, that I want to explore further.
>>
Switzerland and Austria to ski in the winter, Nepal in june and a 5 month backpacking trip: budapest - prague - krakow - wroclaw - berlin - vilnius - helsinki
I really enjoyed all of them. If I had to choose I'd go with prague or berlin.
In prague I was talking about electronic music with a hostel worker and randomly skrillex was playing a show the next day at this big warehouse building. The guy had a spare ticket so I bought it.
The next day he let me join his group of friends and we had the night of our lives. They gave me free pills too which was my first time trying extacy. Easily the most fun night this year.

On the same trip, I was about to leave wroclaw, poland to berlin by night bus. My plan was to arrive to berlin at 5am, leave my luggage to the hostel and go clubbing until the morning because the check in was at 1pm.

So in the bus station in poland i ate a burger from a kiosk and almost immediately i started feeling sick and I had a 4 hour bus ride ahead. I made it to berlin without vomiting but i did as soon as i got out of the bus. Then I had to get to Mitte from Scönefeld airport with public transport at 5 am feeling like absolute shit. At the hostel I couldnt check in so I had to wait for 5 hours before getting to sleep in my dorm.
Gotta be more careful the next time with eating. Food poisoning really sucks.

Going back to budapest for new years.
russia, ukraine, balkans backpacking trip. Maybe georgia to ski.
>>
>>1195934
5 week*
>>
Edinburgh+Aberdeen, Barcelona, Vienna.
Vienna, because it was a *mysterie* vacation and I wouldn't have gone there if they didn't book it for me + I had a great time with a friend. I've never really traveled with her, and it was really pleasant.
Seeing the inside of the Sagrada Familia, it was nothing like I've expected.
It's really minor, but drugdealers in Vienne shouting to you in german was slightly annoying.
Nothing yet
I'm planning to go to Krakow (visit Auschwitz) with my friend I went to Vienne, Suriname with a group of people (one of their mom's got a house there) , Ireland and Majorca spain,
>>
Where did you go in 2016?
Not a travel big year unfortunately

Only:
Venice for a long weekend
Cyprus for a long weekend
Copenhagen for a few days
Monaco/Nice for a few days
I really liked Venice, it was fucking beautiful
Walking around at 8AM around St. Marco, without the crowds and the sun just getting up
Not being able to sleep in a shitty hotel in nice because Schalke 04 fans next doors were singing fan songs all night

So far:
Malta
Thailand/Singapore
NYC
Zurich
Rome
I would like to go to visit Venice again

I have 12 days off around the beginning of June so I would like to visit somewhere in Africa

During summer I would like to go two weeks to Japan and one week to Taiwan
>>
From the US

Cancun
Puerto Rico
Singapore
leaving for Cancun tomorrow (we go there for every New Year)

Been to both Cancun and PR probably close to 10 times each so gonna go with Singapore

Living in Singapore for 6 months by myself with all my expenses paid for as a 20 year old

Going to PR ended up as my spring break and we only ended up visiting family so it was kinda a was but still not that bad

Cancun and I'm sure i'll go somewhere for Spring Break and during the summer

For the Summer I'm either spending it in Dubai or visiting a bunch of European countries with my best friend so I'm looking forward to either.. I think I'm leaning towards Dubai though because I've never been to the middle east
>>
1/2

Santorini, Mykonos, Skiathos: Santorini is obviously stunning and the beaches are pretty good. A must-visit. Mykonos has the nicest town of any Greek island I've been to but it is fucking ridiculously expensive, worth going for a day or two if you can. Skiathos has the best beaches I've been to in Greece, the town is pretty pleasant and the public transport system works great, probably my favourite Greek island I've been to.

Barcelona: Been before, always good fun. The city doesn't do a great deal for me but the food (you should go to Can Paixano) and the beaches are good enough for that not to matter.

Bratislava: Great to spend a couple of days, though I wouldn't recommend any more than that. Was very impressed with the food, some of the best I've had in central Europe. Halušky is the one. Try and not go on the weekend though, it was pretty quiet on the Monday I was there, went back on the Friday and stag do apocalypse had descended on the place.

Vienna: My god it's stunning. Spent 3 days mostly just wandering about staring at things. Very keen on going back.

Krakow: Very fun city if you're into eating and drinking. Was not anticipating eating incredible sushi (http://youmiko.pl/) in Poland.

Vienna wins.

Some of the sights in Santorini were pretty incredible. Grabbing some cold beers and sitting on a quiet beach in Skiathos stands out as well.
Oh, the imperial crypt in Vienna is amazing as well.

I had my phone stolen from my pocket on our first night in Barcelona. Felt like an idiot for letting it happen and was incredibly annoying/inconvenient thing to have happen.

Barcelona again for Primavera.
>>
>>1195984

2/2

Next year should be great, girlfriend has some money banked and is quitting her job, and I don't really have any restrictions at the moment, so options are very wide. Some combination of Costa Rica, Cuba, Chicago, California, Japan, Hong Kong, Tbilisi, Bavaria and Lisbon would be considered a success.
>>
>>1195699
Tenerife, Spain
Orlando, FL, United States
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Copenhagen, Denmark
Toronto, ON, Canada
Either Copenhagen or Toronto
Seeing the 6ix from the CN tower or bicycling round Copenhagen at 2am
Losing my backpack in Spain
Off to Seattle and LA in 2 weeks for 12 days
Back to the Netherlands hopefully, Germany, Poland and Portugal.
>>
Detroit, MI
San Diego, CA
Israel
Jerusalem, Israel
Mahane Yehuda Market (The Shuk) in Jerusalem
Detroit...in January...for work
Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto)
San Diego
Would really love to go to Chicago as it's one of the last big US cities I haven't been to, but I don't think it'll happen in 2017.
>>
>>1195699

Corvallis, Oregon, USA (Late July)
Berkeley, California, USA (October)
Oxnard, California, USA (Thanksgiving, Christmas)

San Jose, California, USA (hometown)

Cousin's wedding in Oregon

Car crash on drive to Berkeley

Ciudad de Mexíco, Mexico, MEX (First half of March)
Corvallis, Oregon, USA (Middle of July)

Boise, Idaho, USA (Middle of July)
>>
>>1195699
>Where did you go in 2016
New York City
London, UK
Edinburgh, UK
St. Andrews, UK
Vienna, Austria
Salzburg, Austria
Seoul, South Korea
Shanghai, China
>What was your favorite country and/or city?
Really liked all of them (except London, fucking refugees ruined it), favorite was probably Shanghai or Salzburg
Got stuck in St. Andrews because of the rain and had to wait it out. Really just a beautiful city, one of the few delays of my life I didn't really mind. Also Shanghai's baozi is amazing.
I was disappointed by London. Parts of it were gorgeous and Parliament and the Tower Bridge are really nice, as are some of the suburbs (Went to see the Cutty Sark, shit was awesome) but overall London seemed to be less British cultural experience and more kebab and falafel shops
>What have you got booked for 2017?
South Korea for Lunar New Year (January 15-31)
Japan in April
Israel, Dubai, Beijing, Xian
>>
File: IMG_20160423_160822.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_160822.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
In a 1-month backpack, Italy, France, Monaco, Spain and Portugal
Plus, 1 week at Fortaleza and Ceará seacost at Brazil
Spain
Highlights:
- Watching a bullfight at Madrid and enjoying
- Having the best sex of my life with a Colombian hooker who did a tantric massage with me at Valencia
- Having a good sex with a Russian hooker taller than me (1.87m) at Madrid
- Talking about Dante with an Italian at Milan
- Talking about Jacques Prévert with a French girl at Barcelona
- Being expelled from Prado Museum because they were closing
Highlights:
- The train ticket guy at Malpensa airport being extremely stupid with me. Conversation:
Me: "A ticket please"
Guy: "A ticket for what? For the cinema? For the theater? For the opera"?
- Not going into Mucem at Marseille because it was the only museum of the world who is closed at Tuesdays
- Being shouted "It is closed!" at a Valencia supermarket because people there are some stupid that they keep their door opened (and not closed or in the half) even if they are closed.
In next March/April I'm going to Poland, Ukraine and Belarus for another 1-month backpack. Bu two weeks before, I'll pass one week at Maceió, Alagoas (Brazil)
Not hoping, but it is probable that I'll go to Natal, Rio Grande do Norte (Brazil), where I'll discover if it is really a tourist trap.
>>
How do you guys afford so many trips? I can only manage a single trip a year if im lucky
>>
>>1195699

Beijing, China
HCMC, Vietnam
Phu Quoc, Vietnam
KL, Malaysia
Penang, Malaysia
Koh Lanta, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Singapore
Berlin, Germany
Munich, Germany
Istanbul, Turkey
Barcelona, Spain
London, UK
Paris, France
Bangkok, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Koh Phuket, Thailand
Taipei, Taiwan
Hong Kong
Macau

Taipei, Taiwan; I basically had no idea this place even existed, but was completely blown away. People are so friendly and proud. Food is great..

getting completely fucking lost, driving a motorbike on dirt roads in the mountains around Chiang Mai;

being basically alone on the Great Chinese Wall at 7am while freezing my balls off;

having some cunt steal my phone and as a result losing a bunch of photos that weren’t backed up yet.

South Africa, Bangkok

India, Australia, USA, South America, Myanmar
>>
>>1196639

> How do you guys afford so many trips? I can only manage a single trip a year if im lucky

1. traveling doesn't have to be expensive. house sitting, hostels, couchsurfing reduce the price of accommodation dramatically. in addition, sublet your apartment while you're away.

2. be flexible on time, good deals on flights pop up all the time but they might not be at the most convenient times.

3. be flexible on destination. sure everyone wants to go to Paris, but that's also why it's so goddamn expensive.

4. take your time, traveling slowly allows you to be considerate about your choices.

5. work, while traveling. I'm not talking about some faggy english teacher bs but taking your work with you. this obviously doesn't work for every profession but more often than not a quick chat with the bossman can yield surprising results.
>>
>>1196639
1) Finnancial planning. For example, I earn around $1,600/month. So, if I plan to make a $3,000 I need to save $250/month
2) The most expensive part of the trip is the air ticket, so buy it in advance.
>>
>>1196639
I make a lot of money and have low expenses

+my job pays me to travel 4-5 times per year
>>
>>1196739
What job?
>>
Isle of Wight (Bestival) and Amsterdam

Amsterdam I guess

Bestival, the whole damn experience was amazing (apart from the 3 hour queue to get in)

Being followed down an alley by a creepy scruffy man whilst stoned out of my mind on the way back to the hotel on the first night. We found someone to help but he hid once we got help and thus looked like dumb tourists who couldn't handle our shit, lol

Prague

NOS festival, Porto, Portugal because the lineup is just too good to miss out on!
>>
>>1195699
Way to many places desu. It was a crazy year with a 3months rtw trip and way too much money thrown out for shit and giggles. I might actually miss some..
Europe
Germany, Austria, Netherlands(hi), Slovakia, Czech Republic, France, Spain, Portugal, Croatia, Hungary...
America & Caribbean:
USA, Mexico, Cuba, Martinique, Bahamas
S. America:
Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay
MENA:
Israel, Turkey, Lebanon, Morocco
India
Asia:
Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia
Australia and New Zealand
It's impossible to name a favorit desu. So much great stuff
Finally doing the inca trail to machu picchu. Last time I tried I had a broken a leg and a arm just hours after arriving in Lima, spending my holidays in the hospital.
I was drinking with friends in Berlin at the Christmas marked where the peace truck arrived on Dec. 19
Not much, a trip,to Düsseldorf to visit relatives and 14 days in Cuba in march. The rest will mostly be spontaneous booked while drunk weekend trips
The big goal would be Africa round trip, see the big 5 again and have some fun.
>>
File: tokyo.jpg (103KB, 426x749px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo.jpg
103KB, 426x749px
Thanks for all of your responses! It's pretty incredible how many places some of you have been in one year. I wish I could afford it and had more time off. I should have added "Where are you from?" for some context.

Probably should have posted my own in the OP.

Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Japan

Tokyo, Japan.

Wandering around Shinjuku, Tokyo from small bar to small bar late at night in the summer. It's the first time in my life I've felt truly content, as hippy as that sounds. The locals and fellow tourists I met were so warm and friendly.

Nothing too severe. The African guys harassing me in Tokyo.Then the nightlife in Amsterdam. It was my third visit, and it's all just bland. All American and British tourists out for some sleaze. Mostly tacky bars etc.

Going back to Japan in a few months, then to Germany again a few months later.

I've never been to America, so I'm thinking New York. Possibly hit Toronto on the same trip. I'd also like to go somewhere in Eastern Europe, likely Prague. I have friends in Lebanon that I'd like to visit if it isn't too explodey.
>>
>>1196869
>peace truck
Shit man that's horrible.
>Düsseldorf
Man I haven't been there in about 6 or 7 years but I really liked it, especially in the summer.
>>
>>1196653
>Beijing, China
Would you recommend it for a week? I'm there for food and a bit of culture, but mostly nightlife and drinking. Is it affordable?
>>
Portugal: Lisbon, Portimao
Greece: Leptokarya, Skiathos
Slovakia: Bratislava
Austria: Vienna
One night in Istanbul

Portugal, definitely

Enjoying the summer breeze while on a boat trip to Skiathos, never been so relaxed with a can of a nice cold beer

Fortunately nothing bad

Nothing yet

Netherlands, Baltic countries, Norway

Wish I had more money, time is not an issue
>>
March: Bainbridge Island, Tacoma and Seattle over a long weekend
May: 3 week long motorcycle road trip from Vancouver, Canada down to San Diego and then Phoenix and Utah.
August: Road trip to Crater Lake followed by a few days in central Oregon
September: Start of round the world trip that will span multiple years, first stop Hawaii for 10 days
September/October: 7 weeks in New Zealand, road tripping around North and South island
November: Melbourne, Australia. Will be here for 5 months in total until March 2017
Melbourne is by far the best city but I would say my road trip on my motorcycle in America was fucking above anything I've done in my life. It was insane, the absolute best trip of my life.
I have a few this year. Riding on my motorcycle across the Arizona desert was just amazing. In some places it was just me, the bike, and the road. I can't quite describe the feeling but it was was just such pure happiness. Another amazing moment in my life was when I climbed up Ben Lomond(a mountain near Queenstown, NZ). The mountain was still partially covered in snow so the climb up was one of the most exhilarating moments of my life. And finally, partying for a month in Melbourne after I met some really great people. I'm a huge fucking loser and nerd but I've not been sober since December 16th (that included a week where I was working and waking up early). It's an experience that has certainly changed my view on life. But I think the best experience of this year was climbing up the Haiku stairs in Hawaii. It was my 30th birthday and the whole climb was something special.
I ended up in an accident on my motorbike that prematurely finished my trip. I missed out on Colorado, parts of Utah, Yellowstone, and Alberta.
Nothing yet.
Will travel around Australia.
>>
>>1196819
news media industry, I visit certain seminars/events abroad
>>
Oman, Bahrain, Bangkok, Nepal, lots of weekend trips in Europe (European here)
Oman is awesome. Would go again. If you want an authentic Arabic experience, with real culture and a stable country with very friendly people and lots to see, it's Oman.
Seeing Mt. Everest from a helicopter.
Having the hottie Thai hooker turn into a total bore and lousy sex.
It's 3 days until 2017. Why book anything yet?
Hoping for new Asian countries, but probably Japan (yet again) for hanami.
>>

Russia, Kenya, Iceland, Malta, Netherlands, Ireland & Luxembourg

Probably Russia, specifically Moscow

Helping out at an elementary school outside of Nairobi, playing with the kids and speaking to the teachers

Being stuck in rainy Reykjavik for a couple of days longer than expected, wandering up and down the main street to pass the time

Nothing as of yet

Week in Nice with a couple of friends, then going eastwards to the Balkans and travelling around there for a month or two + moving to Dublin, if that counts
>>
>>1195699
iceland, germany, poland, ukraine
none
none
berlin
none
japan, chile,
>>
>>1195699
Rome
Venice
Florence
Bari
Tokyo
Bari was my favorite among those places. The tourist cities were typically dirty and crowded (although still really cool). Bari was a nice break from that but it's also a beautiful seaside town with really good food.
Going into a restaurant in Bari and then being told we should have reservations (even though the restaurant was empty). The hostess then took us through the back of the restaurant to this covered patio with live music and a fuckton of people. Great food and really cheap.
Losing our research poster on a train and having to find an Italian print shop to help us out.
Sapporo for the snow festival in February
Osaka
Kyoto
Shikoku
Hakone

Thailand
Cambodia
Philippines
Indonesia
Taiwan

Stretch goal: China
>>
File: tokyo.jpg (4MB, 4272x2759px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo.jpg
4MB, 4272x2759px
Mexico
Hawaii
Costa Rica
Japan
I loved Tokyo, everything about that city is awesome. pic related
Getting to know locals and talking to them in their native language is really fun
>What was your worst experience
Getting sick in Costa Rica sucked, but it ended up being fine as antibiotics were readily available
Mexico City
Germany
>>
File: route.png (208KB, 773x587px) Image search: [Google]
route.png
208KB, 773x587px
Went on a bicycle trip for three and a half weeks across the countries bordering the Baltic Sea, pic related.
Poland was _very_ annexable. The Baltic states are moe too. Finland and Sweden are way too expensive to be enjoyable for a poorfag like me. Also, Swedish houses are so pretty it's corny as fuck.
Cycling through the Saatse boot probably. Felt insanely smug.
Got pestered by a couple of immigrants in Sweden. A lot of those folks seem to enjoy begging in front of stores.
Also the weather was utter trash until I arrived in Sweden. And there's the meme roads in Latvia and Lithuania. There are so many unpaved roads there it's hilarious.
Nothing.
Probably gonna do a bike trip down to Italy and back across the Balkans.
>>
Ireland, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, Spain, Switzerland
Prague
My hostel group in Prague. Best hostel friends I have ever made.
Also hiking to the top of a mountain in Switzerland.
Being completely hungover in Dublin airport. Felt like absolute death, puked many times.

Not shit yet.
Hoping to do a 2 month trip starting in Switzerland doing the Tour du Mont Blanc, going down through Tuscany and Rome, crossing Italy to Croatia, down the Balkans and end up in Greece.
>>
Wales, Bristol, Poland, Moscow and Tokyo
Both Moscow and Tokyo were great
I got a fine in Warsaw for riding a tramway without a ticket, i thought they could be bought on board but it is not possible
Im going in 20 to Iran
Northern Japan in summer. Maybe Georgia and Armenia.
>>
>>1199595
I forgot to add my best experience
Visiting the Red Square, such a powerful place. I was also extremely pleased with Russian food.

Also, I meant im going in 20 days to Iran.
>>
>>1195929
What is it about Brazilian women? I thought they are like Thais: positive and open personalities, but also cheat and difficult emotionally.
>>

NYC, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Myanmar.

Either Myanmar or Northern Vietnam.

I had a few nights out in Hanoi, Sapa, Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia that were pretty special. Myanmar in general and riding a motorbike around Vietnam was pretty based. So many other things, too hard to answer.

Chiang Mai to Bangkok taking 20 hours.

Nothing. Have school for 8/12 months, and the other 4 months are taken up by my summer job.

Given the above, can only realistically hope to escape for a few days to Boston, NYC, or some other east coast city in the U.S.
>>

First trip to Europe (solo) Germany, Italy, Croatia, Greece.
Went to San Jose for a Melee tournament.
Random roadtrips in Canada (where I live.)

Berlin for sure just loved the style of the city. Croatia was beautiful.

All the people you meet doing solo is awesome. Highlights were exploring the abandoned hotel in Dubrovnik, Partying in Munich on my first night in Europe, starting a make shift "pub crawl" in Pula, ending up on a wine tour with a bunch of people 2.5x my age, and having an anime harem in Rome. I can elaborate more if people want.

I literally just went to Athens in Greece so that was a waste of time. Got sick one night in Florence also spent too much time there.

Turning 21 this year want to go to Chicago, also hitting Vegas for Melee again lol.

Haven't decided where next we'll see what cheap flights come up.

Korea, East Europe, SEA
>>
File: a$$.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
a$$.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
In order: Barcelona, Morocco, Japan, Brazil, Tanzania
Salvador, Brazil. Best trip of my life
Sex with a beautiful Brazilian man, smoking ganja together on a beach in the sunset
Having my jacket stolen on the fucking AIRPLANE to Morocco. Clocked the hag later though in the airport and got it back. Another time I woke up hungover as fuck and thought I had missed my transport in Brazil (was supposed to be at 6 am) so I was alone on the street, nervous af, but then it showed up after about 40 minutes. Thank you Brazil time
Nothing, but I'd like to go to St. Petersburg in a few days if possible.
Have a definite hankering to visit Portugal, Slovenia and Hong Kong. Friend of mine suggested we go to Colombia together but that's gonna be a stretch
>>
Melbourne
Jordan
Israel
Greece
Jordan was cool man, the people are just genuinely kind.
Wadi Rum in Jordan was fucking amazing
Greece was just shit, but that was also because the people that I was with were shit. I'm just not into the slow paced island holidays. Did everything historical that I could, but was bored shitless in between - plus, the beaches in Greece are fucking ugly in comparison to what I'm used to in Australia, so it wasn't even a particularly exotic island holiday.
Nothing 100% booked yet
The UK and perhaps Canada for the summer as I've only been in the winter.
Also doing middle Australia in about a month because I've not seen Uluru and all that shit before.
>>
Started selling all my stuff in sweden then went
Thailand -> Vietnam -> Malaysia -> Phillipines -> Taiwan -> Japan -> Hong Kong -> Singapore -> Kambodja -> Sweden -> Curacao -> Colombia -> Ecuador -> Panama -> Canada -> South Korea -> Thailand and then ended up signing a lease for an apartment in Kuala Lumpur.

Taipei and Tokyo

Chilling with a japanese dude on a rooftop in southern okinawa.

Got robbed by prostitutes - twice

Nothing yet

China, Japan, Taiwan, Myanmar, Indonesia, NZ, AUS maybe India depends on money.
>>
Berlin twice, Belfast, Budapest, Bucharest and Boston

Budapest was easily the most beautiful surprise, its tourist board needs to promote that more.

Best experience was probably going on the Mural tour with a taxi driver in Belfast, we got along so well he and I stopped at a pub, he clocked off from work and we drank and talked politics for hours whilst getting drunk.

Whilst the most beautiful place Budapest people are weird. I was being complimentary to a stranger about how beautiful Budapest was and then he insisted we go to a hospital around the corner so I can really see "how good you think Budapest is now". I thought he was joking but it turned out he was an MRI technician and was able to gain access to the hospital, as I walked in for a few seconds saw some fucked up shit turned around and ran out of there.

Only have booked Beirut so far.

Belarus.

PS I'm trying to travel to only cities beginning with B if you haven'tnoticed.
>>
>>1198219
>Being completely hungover in Dublin airport. Felt like absolute death, puked many times.

You sound like the irish pilot then.
>>
>>1199597
>I was also extremely pleased with Russian food.

I have never heard anyone be complimentary of russian food.
>>
Philippines; Manila, Sagada, Banaue, Batad, Buscalan, Baguio, Puerto Princesa, Port Barton, Sabang
Vietnam; Saigon, Can Tho, Da Nang, Hoi An, Phong Nha, Hue, Nimh Binh, Hanoi, Cat Ba, Sapa, Ha Giang
Laos; Luang Prabang, Nong Khiaw, slow boat from LP to Thailand
Thailand; Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Pai, Bangkok, Koh Samui
Myanmar; Mandalay, Hsipaw, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myitkyina, Lake Indawgyi, Naypyidaw, Bago, Yangon, Bagan, Inle Lake, Hpa-An, Mawlamyine
Cambodia; Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Koh Rong
Philippines favourite country, Lake Indawgyi favourite location
Motorbike loop in northern Vietnam from Ha Giang, or sitting on top of a Jeepney for a few hours driving along the Chico river in Philippines
Getting food poisoning in Vietnam, having wallet stolen in Luang Prabang

Nothing as of yet
Will probably go back to Koh Rong, Cambodia. Otherwise, not sure
>>
>>1201055
>Getting food poisoning in Vietnam

What a surprise!
>>
>>1201056
the SEA food poisoning diet is revolutionary, lose lots of kilos in just days with the only drawback being you feel like you're going to die!

>>1201055
I totally forgot I also went to Phuket, probably because it was so fucking terrible I pushed it to the back of my mind. It definitely goes into worst experiences.
>>
Lisbon
A week in my parents' vacation house (Denmark)
Not a lot to choose from, but Lisbon was amazing
Having a drink before dinner at one of the big viewing platforms in Lisbon and seeing a crowd standing around some people singing. Got closer and saw it was Eagles of Death Metal. After they sang, the band said hello to a survivor from Bataclan. Very emotional and bozzarre experience.
Didn't have any bad travel-related experiences, but I guess only going abroad once (not counting day trips across the bridge to Malmö) was a bit disappointing.
Nothing yet. My parents have invited me and my brother to Gran Canaria in November. Haven't travelled with them in ages, might accept.
I have a few cities I'd like to visit, Bologna and Vienna especially. I don't foresee any big or "exotic" trips.
>>
UAE, Mexico around the Yucatan, BVI, Colombia, Curacao.

This was a return to BVI for my father's birthday, family used to sail down there when I was a kid, got to take my kids this time -- it was fun to be back.

Finding that my new camera could take some decent astronomical pics while in the desert in UAE. Especially some nice pics of the Pleiades,the "Seven Sisters," which show upwards of a dozen stars. And snow skiing in Dubai was goofy fun.

Nothing really. Missed the camel races in UAE, which was disappointing, but did some other stuff and had a good time.

Mexico, Turks & Caicos, Colombia, Dubai, Costa Rica.

I'm pretty good as is, would get back into Europe if I had a chance, and have a very slim possibility of getting back to Vietnam.
>>

Copenhagen
Stockholm
Helsinki
Prague
Munich
Switzerland (Zurich/Lausanne/Geneva)
Lisbon

Stockholm and Switzerland (speciallly Lausanne and Geneva)

Visiting the Vasa Museum in Stockholm
Traveling by train in Switzerland with the beautiful landscape
Going to the fado in Lisbon and enjoying the portuguese food

walking in the middle of a blizzard in Stockholm with all my luggage to get the ferry to Helsinki

Nothing yet

Russia (Moscow and St. Petesburg)
Tallinn
Riga
Vilnius
Poland (Warsaw and Krakow)
Vienna
Bratislava
Budapest
Romania (Bucharest and Transylvania)
>>
Belgium: Antwerp
Netherlands: Amsterdam, Leiden, Utrecht, Haarlem
Israel: Jerusalem, Tel Aviv/Jaffa, Acre, Haifa, Tel Megiddo, Nazareth
Palestine: Bethlehem and Jericho
Jordan: Jerash, Amman, Petra
Spain: Malaga, Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Nerja, Barcelona, Tarragona, Girona, Montserrat
Morocco: Tangier
Gibraltar
Andorra
France: Ax-Les-Thermes
Northern Ireland: Belfast and Giant's Causeway
Germany: Berlin, Potsdam and Dresden

I loved all of Israel and Palestine; Jordan was cool too
Met a hot chick and smoked weed on Barcelona beach then fucked
Belfast it was pretty boring it was like taking a holiday in my hometown. Also the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo if you're in Barcelona don't bother paying to go inside them it's a waste of 40 Euros. Also being interrogated at the Jordanian-Israeli border

Flying to Alicante next week and spending a few days in Valencia
Malta next month with a ferry trip to Catania, Sicily
In May I'm going to Munich and I'm going to have a trip to Liechtenstein (the only micro country in Europe I haven't been to) and Salzburg
Either Taiwan or South Korea; I want to travel to East Asia for the first time and I can't afford to go to Japan
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.