[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hong Kong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Hey /trv/, myself and a buddy are going to Hong Kong for a week. I didn't see a HK thread in the catalog so I'm wondering what are some good shopping/eating/party places to check out?

> Booked hotel in Kowloon
> 31 year old males, both single.

Will be there in May then off to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam for 2 weeks afterwards.
>>
File: 1476322746103.jpg (526KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476322746103.jpg
526KB, 1080x1080px
>>
Hong Kong is crowded as fuck. Good luck finding a host on CouchSurfing.
>>
>>1196150
>Good luck finding a host on CouchSurfing
They have a hotel so that's not an issue.

>>1195662
>good shopping/eating/party places
Shopping depends on what you want.
Technology can be found in Sham Shiu Po at Golden Arcade. Mong Kong Computer Centere is also good.
Fashion etc isn't especially cheap in HK but Causeway Bay has all that shit.

Party in Lan Kwai Fong on Friday/Saturday and Wan Chai on other days, Thursday/Sunday are the main days there.

You can eat anywhere, there are shitloads of places. You shouldn't have any trouble finding decent places to eat.
If in doubt, check Lonely Planet, they randomly picked a few decent places and have addresses, I'd have to go research shit on Google maps to find you addresses of the places I know.
>>
>>1196171
Thanks for the info! We will check out Lan Kwai Fong and Wan Chai for sure.
>>
What's the best way to get from mainland to the island? Take the star ferry everytime? Is it running 24/7?
>>
>>1196201
Look up MTR.
>>
>>1196201
If you live near the ferry stop, yes. It costs around 2 HKD, while a trip on the metro will cost 7 even for a single stop between Kowloon and Hong Kong. The ferry is not 24/7. Late at night your only option is the bus going through the tunnel.
>>
Anyone here have experience with prostitution in Hong Kong?
>>
>>1196424
haha, that was my next question. I can whoremonger like a pro in Eastern Europe but am useless in SE Asia. Tips?
>>
>>1196424
>prostitution in Hong Kong
miss1248.com
There you go. There are other sites and they're even in threads currently on this board.
>>
>>1196589
I'm the exact opposite. I do it like a pro in Asia. But how do you do it in eastern Europe? Websites? Hotel bars? How do you keep it safe and what about language barriers?
>>
>>1196424
>>1196589
Go to almost any bar in Wan Chai for freelancers.
>>
>>1196657
>>
>>1196661
Well you get in a cab and they help you out. They all have connections especially if start out from hotel districts. Alternatively online classified work well too. Berlin - Club Caligula, Prague, Warsaw & Krakow - Ask cabby. Didn't have much luck in Budapest although my UK bros succumbed to the street walkers that are not desirable.
>>
>>1196896
Sorry
miss148.com
>>
>>1196896
The legal form of prostitution in HK is called 141 meaning 1 girl for 1 client in a 'venue' which is usually a tiny one bedroom apartment. There will be buildings with several floors full of these apartments.

Basically the pimp is the landlord instead of some guy on the street corner.

Brothels still exist and are called spas and you'll see posters on walls sometimes with hit girls and prices/hour. Supposedly those are ok but I wouldn't know.
>>
If I'm going for 4 days, how much money should I expect to spend each day on food, transport, passes to get into places, ticket to get onto a junk boat, stuff like that? I'm trying to budget for the trip and am wondering if 200 is enough.
>>
>>1196987
Transport is n/a, buy an octopus card for $200 (has $150 credit and you can overdraw the remaining $50). Then stick an extra $300 on it because you can use it in a lot of shops and it's super convenient. Then try not to lose it.

Food is about $20-30/meal unless you eat western stuff, then it's more. Fancy restaurants and western are more like $100.

Tourist site admission prices are about $100 I guess, maybe a bit more.

All prices in HK $.
>>
>>1197027
oh my bad, my original was in USD, so i guess that would come out to around 1400 HK. I'll look into octopus cards though, thanks!
>>
Has anyone traveled to HK with food allergies? Specifically, I'm allergic to legumes... peas (all types), all nuts, peanut oil... I feel like traveling there is asking to die. Any tips to be safe?
>>
>>1198948
Learn Cantonese

Or get a gf who knows I know a ton of stuff have peanut oil
>>
>>1198948
man up and dont be a faggot, its just nuts
>>
>>1198948
Always have antihistamines or you.

I don't think you can fully avoid nuts, and sometimes people are like "no-no, no nuts" and it will have roasted nuts all over once the food is served.

I'm allergic to eggs, tree nuts, yeast... There was a day or two where I think I managed to avoid it all, but it's better to be prepared.
In grocery stores everything is labelled clearly, so there's always a backup.
>>
Hey guys, probably going to HK with my GF next month. (We live in Japan). We would appreciate any good insights on Hong Kong (not related to DUDE PROSTITUTES XD).
>>
>>1199637
Just left, now in Tokyo. Will trade tips as my wife's family is from HK.

Good stuff is obvious tourist symphony of lights Lantau island is pretty cool for outdoor hiking. Mongkok for shops and markets (haggling kind). Obviously find a good dim sum place at one point. Macau is good if you like to gamble and fairly easy to get to. What are you both looking to do?
>>
>>1199637
you can go to some meme hiking trails like dragons back
>>
>>1200599
Hey I'm looking for this kind of stuff. Thanks.
>>
>>1200665

The hike up to the Peak is cool
I did an unplanned hike from Tung Chung to the Tian Tan Bhudda which was awesome

Also did Lions Rock and Devils Peak
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.