[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iran?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

File: iranwomen.jpg (115KB, 787x590px) Image search: [Google]
iranwomen.jpg
115KB, 787x590px
So, as an american am I allowed to go to Iran, and should I?

Is turkey a much better vacation for beaches, culture, women and food?

Iran seems to have their shit together, and they are always super nice.
>>
>>1195381
Nobody can answer because all who have tried are in Evin
>>
as an american you're only allowed in if you have a personal guide take you everywhere
>>
>>1195386
This. But as far as I understand it can be reasonably affordable, and looking at what the country has to offer it certainly seems worth it. >Is turkey a much better vacation
>beaches
Almost certainly
>Culture
Debatable, but I'd say no
>Food
I'd say they're evenly matched
>>
>>1195386
Do germans have to do this?
Is it a hot single muslim with girl, with big knockers?
>>
>>1195389
www.google.com
"visa requirements for X cititzens"
>>
>>1195393
thanks
>>
>>1195389
no

but good luck if you ever want to visit america again

>>1195388
my problem isn't cost, I'd just find it weird to have a guy follow me around everywhere
>>
>>1195381
Out of all the places in the world, why Iran?
Let me guess; you think it's easy to have sex in Iran isn't it?
>>
>>1195409
In like 5 years it will all look different in the world. It's absurd thinking anybody will be banned for more than 5 years. I mean, nowadays they only check people that was in Iran after 2011...
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm a dual American/German citizen? Do I still need the guide to visit? Will I have any problems entering/exiting Iran? Will I get a cavity search upon arrival to the US after coming back from Iran?
>>
>>1195410
Maybe because Iran is an interesting country with many touristic attractions.
>>
>>1195431
German passport going in is no trouble Iran's check in really give less of a fuck then people think going back to America on the same passport tho better lube up
>>
>>1195431
As the other anon said, the Iranians will not care about your American passport if you enter Iran with your German one. Thus you will not need a guide. You obviously enter the USA with your American passport. You have nothing to worry about.

>>1195449
Do you not know what punctuation is?
>>
>>1195453
English is not my first language Arabic is, This shit pretty tough to write desu.
>>
>>1195526
Oh. In that case I apologise.
>>
>>1195453
Bit of a shitpost here, sorry. Iran requires you to declare ALL nationalities/passports. I have no idea whether you can get away with pretending to be just German, maybe you can (ask on Thorntree, not 4chan). But you will be breaking the law if you try it.
>>
>>1195381
>1195381
I just came back from Iran. Americans just need a visa (not necessarily easy to get) but no guide follows you around
>>
>>1195623
>Iran requires you to declare ALL nationalities/passports
I wasn't asked to, and I have two passports.
>>
>>1195381
>Iran seems to have their shit together
Lol
>>
>>1195624
Explain further pls? You're American and didn't need a guide?
>>
Where/how do you arrange accomodation? Booking.com doesnt have anything (cheap) in Iran.

How's internet access?
>>
>>1196060
I never booked accomodation in advance. Look at wikivoyage, lonelyplanet or other guide books, or use google to find out where the cheaper places are located.

Wifi and internet cafes can be found here and there.
>>
>>1196060
couch surfing man or airbnb if you can find any cheap as hell in Tehran.
>>
>>1195529
it is okay friend, i do need to work on my punctuation.
>>
>>1195381
Turk anon here
I would not advise you to visit Turkey at this time. Not the best political climate and there are too many terrorist attacks going on
>>
>>1196314
Ok but there's also anzu
>>
>>1197371
It's not like she's public property

though... I'd pay top dollar for my own private anzu
>>
>>1196301
That's ironic considering Arabic looks like someone shook a sprinkles shaker over it even before punctuation.

Maybe if you set your browser to a default cursive script you could handle English better.
>>
>>1195381
Turkey is currently doing its level best to become a failed state or autocracy. Stay out unless you want to be strapped to the fireworks.

Iran, meanwhile, is trying to put its best foot forward and make nice with the international community. Even the hardcore theocrats try to avoid international messes from random foreigners dying or disappearing. If you aren't Iranian American and don't go hiking, you're fine.
>>
is Iran safe to travel alone? I am thinking Tahran, Esfahan and Shiraz. Any other must-see cities? How many days would I need to see this 3? And how much money am I likely to spend a day, for food and accomodation, if let's say i am neither lavish or too temperate?
>>
>>1199331
Of course it is.
Yazd.
>>
>>1199391
yazd is pretty close to esfahan i take it?
how many dayss would be sufficient for yazd?
>>
Hijacking the thread: Does anybody know how to get hold of Tootia Hotel in Isfahan? The website doesn't work and the email I found doesn't seem to work...
>>
>>1195381
It will be a one-way trip.
>>
>>1199402
Just call them
This probably still works.
>>
Iranian here whos lived in Australia for over 20 years. More people need to experience iran. People absolutely love westerners . Tehran, Shiraz and Esfahan are def main cities but also consider mashhad.
>>
>>1199331
I liked Kashan, on the way between Tehran and Esfahan (the bazaar and the merchant houses are nice, and it was there that I found the best accomodation / food).
>>
>>1199697
>. People absolutely love westerners

On /out/ a guy said he was hiking in Iran and would end up walking down some country road as it was getting dark.

Random villagers would always invite him into their homes for food and invite him to stay with them for the night.

Middle-east cultures seem big on hospitality to visitors. When I was in sulaymaniyah random people would buy me falafel when I went out at night.
>>
Is there a website that can guide you through the entire process of visiting Iran? It's number one on my list of destinations. Also, if I wanted to go this year is the process quick enough that I can do so, or does it take a long time?

I'm British (specifically English) so I believe I need a guide, which sucks.
>>
>>1199708
Caravanistan is a 10/10 website for central Asian travel info. I'm too lazy to check whether it covers Iran.
>>
>>1199795
Very good, thanks.

Shame Brits have to have a guide. Really puts a downer on the whole thing.
>>
>>1199798
I agree, but bear in mind this isn't North Korea or Uzbekistan -- you can choose whatever guide you want, for any kind of trip you want. I've been following the facebook page of this cool young guy from Pakistan (where there's a similar requirement) -- he's an accredited guide, who takes tourists by motorbike to explore the mountains and tribal areas where no outsiders ever go. You can tell he's the kind of person who's just plain fun to travel with. Moin Khan is his name. Maybe there's an Iranian equivalent.
>>
>>1195381
>So, as an american am I allowed to go to Iran, and should I?
Yes, it's legal with a ton of redtape and actual risk to anyone you'd visit. No, you should not visit whatsoever. This is why... and it was probably celebrity status got him released, eventually. Thank you Bourdain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Rezaian

But, they're up to 5 americans detained in 5 months now:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/another-american-has-been-detained-in-iran-the-fourth-dual-national-in-five-months-to-be-arrested/2016/07/26/84ab02fa-52a7-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html?utm_term=.c318f29e152d

US Embassy can't do SHIT for americans abroad. To do anything at all they have to give away precious things far more important than undoing sanctions (which was stupid).
>>
Traveling to Iran as an American is more difficult than visiting other, interesting countries.

I'd travel to other countries first as relations will probably improve in time.
>>
File: 1482782548367.jpg (144KB, 1537x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482782548367.jpg
144KB, 1537x2048px
>>
just been in iran with european gf, amazed with it.

people are amazing, everybody smiles and tries to talk with you in friendly way. if you look lost for 20 secs, somebody stops and tries to help you.

food is not that unique though, just kebab and kebab, pretty similar to turkish if you have any experience of that. would recommend tehran modern arts museum and mountains at north.
>>
>>1199809
Yeah, whatever one thinks of the incoming or the outgoing President, and I don't care what anybody on /trv/ thinks about politics, thank you , I think it is fairly safe to guess that there is a decent chance relations between the US and Iran will become more strained for awhile in the coming year. Possibly not the best time for a USAian to be planning a trip to Iran, if I was to be asked.
>>
A lot of people say that if I go there and have Iran in my passport, I won't be allowed in other countries later on, mainly 'Murica

Is that an exaggeration, did anyone have any experience with this?

I'd really want to go to Iran soon-ish
>>
>>1200596
>I won't be allowed in other countries later on, mainly 'Murica

Only the US.

And yes, they will not issue you a visa if you have been to Iran or if you have had anything to do with Iran. There is a way around it, i think they stamp a piece of paper and you use that instead.
>>
>>1200597
Let me make a correction: you can't go through the ESTA process if you've been to Iran.
You can get a US visa, it's just you have to go through the ancient process, partly offline, and can't get the easy one online.
>>
>>1200600
And you can be rejected for any reason whatsoever and they don't have to tell you why.
>>
>>1195381
I highly suggest watching this, OP.

https://youtu.be/CYoa9hI3CXg

https://youtu.be/NpPp6FRsUrQ
>>
>>1196314
good timing
>>
File: Sarranid.jpg (20KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
Sarranid.jpg
20KB, 300x301px
>>1199697
Shiraz isn't that the capital of the Sarranids in Mount and blade Warband?
>>
>>1197619
So do you like live by anzu or what?
>>
any good diving in Iran?
in either caspian or the gulf
>>
>>1197908
Kek
>>
What's it like being a Sunni non Arab from a Western country in Iran?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.