[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1750.jpg (61KB, 464x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1750.jpg
61KB, 464x378px
American here, I've been to a few of the general european places like Italy, UK, France etc but I've been doing some reading lately and have become pretty interested in Scandinavia, more specifically Norway.

Anyone have any experiences, recommendations, etc.?
>>
What do you like? Cities, nature? Be warned Norway is hideously expensive on a level you have not experienced before.
>>
>>1195129
Mostly cities, but enjoy a good outdoor experience too. I've heard it's expensive but is it that bad? Is it similar in the rest of Scandinavia?
>>
>>1195130
Norwegian here.
More expensive. Oslo is very expensive and not a great place to visit, get out of Oslo to the fjords or the mountains!
>>
>>1195852
Norwegian, is Trondheim a good place to visit? Me and my gf are planning to do so in February to see the polar lights, what are the odds? Also, will our asses freeze out?
>>
File: b7f5e71caa8038b53b91.jpg (57KB, 581x660px) Image search: [Google]
b7f5e71caa8038b53b91.jpg
57KB, 581x660px
Trondheim anon here. Trondheim is a great city for walking in. Its too much light from the city too see stars well. Northern lights is mo guarantee. Too increase chances of seeing it go further north to Lofoten or Tromso.
>>
With wool shirt and long johns plus gloves and something on your head you are less likely too be cold. If you are not from the northern hemisphere expect it to be cold
>>
Oslo is a great place and thankfully I didn't have to spend money on accomadation since my ex's parents used to let us stay at their house.

Everything is fucking expensive though and I mean everything, you'll want to plan out your spending before going and do a lot of research.
I can't speak for the more natural outdoorsy places in the country but Oslo is really beautiful compared the anywhere in the UK, where I live, and everybody I met there was really friendly.
>>
>>1195130
It's not that expensive anymore. The Norwegian currency has become very weak internationally, whereas American dollars have increased in value in recent years.
It definitely isn't the most expensive European country to visit, but probably in the top ten. Slightly less expensive than Denmark, slightly more expensive than Sweden.

That being said, there really aren't that many cities in Norway. Oslo is pretty much the only one. And it's a nicer place to visit during the summer. Norway is more of a nature destination, really.

>>1196612
I lived in Trondheim for a year, and I saw them once. For northern lights you should probably head further north. I've never been to Tromso, but if you want to combine """""city""""" and northern lights, that's probably where you should go.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.