[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secuded perma-winter island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: autismislands.jpg (132KB, 1020x396px) Image search: [Google]
autismislands.jpg
132KB, 1020x396px
I have no idea on which board I should start this thread, but I guess you guys will be the most erudite on the topic.

So if I were to move somewhere really isolated, somewhere where the snow never melts, but I don't die of starvation - where should I go?
I was thinking Bouvetoya or Heard Island - but all these bloody places are some kinds of a natural preserve, so building a nuclear shelter/bunker is big nono.
Is there any similar place, where I can build a comfy cozy underground basement, fish for living and just generally chill in the harsh cold winter, looking out to the waves, without any people for hundreds of miles to all directions or having to worry that anyone will distub my peace for months or even years to come?
>>
>>1194583
Alaska.
>>
File: AlaskaMap.jpg (98KB, 1344x854px) Image search: [Google]
AlaskaMap.jpg
98KB, 1344x854px
>>1194588
But they probably won't let me live there, I think nowadays it's close to impossible for white Europeans to immigrate to the US. Also not isolated - it's attached to a continent with millions of people on it and I'm sure there isn't a place in Alaska that's really remote without a single person in sight for hunderds and hundreds of miles.
>>
alaska
>>
This is unfeasible in SO many ways.

For example, how do you plan on getting all your building materials to such an isolated place?
>>
Alaska
>>
>>1194583
Kerguelen Islands
>>
>>1194658
>There are no indigenous inhabitants, but France maintains a permanent presence of 45 to 100 scientists, engineers and researchers.
>The French supply ship Marion Dufresne makes regular calls at the Kerguelen Islands and typically carries a small contingent of tourists.
REEEEEEE
>>1194628
Also - money solves everything. Just a crew of a few good old chaps, they dig a hole, put up a few solar panels, done.
>>
>>1194628
the power of emo and edge.
>>
>>1194583

Let's face it, you're never going to do this. Don't even bother asking.
>>
>>1194775
So what? It probably is hypothethical, but why not ask if it intrigues me.
>>
>>1194583
Just stay where you are in your mom's basement. Shop for groceries online, put garbage bags over the windows to block out the light, and make arrangements with your mom to have your pissbottles emptied once a week.

Call it your fortress of /pol/itude.
>>
>>1194583
Siberia.
>>
>>1194814
W-why so mean senpai? I just want to be alone, no need to bully.
>>
What about Faroe Islands?
>>
>>1194591
>But they probably won't let me live there, I think nowadays it's close to impossible for white Europeans to immigrate to the US.

Stop listening to pol

>Also not isolated
lmao
>>
>>1194811
Why not just ask google your sentence fragment of a question then, instead of checking with a board on 4chan to see how long you have till you die or kill yourself on a remote island inside the artic circle?

Basically no it isnt feasible and you cant, no one can or has and you certainly wont be the first because your motivation and ability have only brought you this far. If you were one of the exceptions to how humanity has lived and existed for the last few million years we would have heard of you by now and there would be a horrible history channel show where you tell us to follow our dreams thus inspiring a bunch of people like you really are to become burdens on international search and rescue teams.

I dont believe that even you believe this is a possibility in your future and there are other boards (/b/) where you could fuck off to and not muck up a slower board with this terminal fantasy.

tldr; No you cant, you are weak
>>
>>1194583
Check out how Spitzbergen is like in the summer.
>>
>>1196072
>Stop listening to pol

This has nothing to do with pol.

Immigration to the US is impossible for just about anyone.
>>
>>1196186
Is that why about a million people immigrated to the US legally in 2014?
>>
>>1196186
>Immigration to the US is impossible for just about anyone.

No it isn't, it just costs a good bit of money to do it legally.
>>
>>1194583
>I want to move somewhere isolated, somewhere where the snow never melts,
Okay, what abou-
>Like Bouvetoya

Stopped reading there. It's literally the most isolated place in the world, no food and no way of getting out. A sprained ankle can get you killed there. There's no one there to arrest you if you set up camp there even though it's illegal, and they won't bother coming for you either, because it's so remote. It's the worst idea ever.
>>
>>1196321

bullshit. world record legal immigration to usa last year. try again cuks.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.