[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out the Australian working holiday visa costs 440

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: visa.jpg (71KB, 663x386px) Image search: [Google]
visa.jpg
71KB, 663x386px
Just found out the Australian working holiday visa costs 440 aud. Plus next year there's you're gonna have to pay tax from the first dollar.
All in all not very attractive.
Any opinions or experiences in working in Australia without a working visa?
>>
>>1194507
Lol Enjoy getting deported at the border at your own cost
>>
File: 1480721143021.png (62KB, 812x727px) Image search: [Google]
1480721143021.png
62KB, 812x727px
>my country is not eligible
>cypriot is
>>
>>1194507
>Any opinions or experiences in working in Australia without a working visa?

It's possible, but not very enjoyable. Even exploited restaurant workers being paid under the table in cash are usually on legit student visas but working longer hours than their visa technically allows for. So you will be competing against university students from China, India or Bangladesh willing to sleep three to a room in order to get ahead.

Or, you could stop being a whining baby, pay for the visa (which you will make back in a week working legitimately) and pay tax like people with real jobs do.
>>
>>1194507
Wew, they're probably milking that for all they can now given its popularity.

You definitely don't want to work there without a visa, but perhaps you might want to consider working in New Zealand instead.

At the end of the day, it you don't want to pay 440 AUD but you will probably pay much more for a plane ticket, you should reevaluate your priorities and finances.
>>
>>1194507
It won't be great but it's doable. I have a a few roommates who are working under the table (even though they do have WHVs).

The ones doing manual labour are making decent money. $18/h cash in hand, and often times they get so many hours that they earn more per week than I do working a cushy desk job 35h/week. 1 other roommate is working as a dishwasher and is making shit, something like $14 but he's 18 years old so he's kinda fucked in choices.

How old are you? If you're a bit older like me and have some experience working in a serious profession a WHV is awesome because you can easily find a similar job to back home right here. If you're younger and want to make money the best thing to do is go to a small town or middle of no where and just working in a pub/bar/restaurant/motel. It pays better than farm work, usually is easier to do, and you get steady hours plus a lot of overtime opportunities. Plus you're in a small shithole of a town so there's nothing to spend money on and you end up saving a bunch.
>>
Well, thanks for the replies.
I'll probably decide to go on the safe side and just spend the visa money and find work asap. Then re-evaluate after (hopefully) working a bit.

I'm 21 and have a decent resumé on customer service, recreation and sports and building.

Anyway thanks!
>>
>>1194642
i dont know mate i think it's worth the money. ive worked there all of last year and it was really easy to find good work and save a decent amout of money.

first job i got was on a cattle station it was just 500/week accommodation included and even tho it was long hours it was just what i wanted, i had alot of fun, picked up some skills. hard work but enjoyable.

travelled to east coast after did some daylabour cash in hand stuff and couple weeks on a farm picking and planting fruit. fruitpicking is horrible and you dont get much in return but i used the money to buy a car and signed up at a labour company. think it was 20.53/h

best thing i did. got work right away and pretty much constantly doing labouring, mostly landscaping (think was 20.53/h) and some civil 22/h?!
was polite, never missed a day, had no complaints and checked in personally couple times with the guys at the office and couple weeks in i get offered this union-site job at like double the pay, all the extra rates and 50 bucks gas money a day. first day i turned up there was just safety instructions too and the second day there was a strike 2h into work.

i can only recommend this kind of work, it's rewarding in my opinion and you meet real people instead of all the fruitpicking crowd. also it's a lot more dignified, some of the shit you hear fruitpickers have to put up with...
its free workout, good money and good mates. you dont have to count every penny twice and you can either just work couple months straight and live off the money or just try to get less days a week and kinda chill.
good life quality, cant get anything like that in germany
>>1194507
>>
When does the new tax come in? And at what rate is it?
>>
>>1194507
22 year old Britfag here - I've built up some decent experience in communications/editorial and while I'd love to do a Working Holiday in both Australia and Japan, I genuinely enjoy the field of work I'm in and feel like I'd be getting into a professional black hole by swapping it for a year of fruitpicking/teaching English/whatever. Does anyone know if there's much scope for Australian employers to hire WHV holders for jobs in communications/marketing/PR/editorial and the like? I know that WHV holders can only work for 6 months for a given employer so searching for temporary roles seems like the only encouraging sign so far.
>>
>>1195545
New year. 15% of your regular wages. And 65% of your compulsory pension contribution which is like 12% of the payment but that doesn't really matter because most of the businesses hirering back packers are too dodgy to pay your pension.
>>
>>1195564
New year on Jan 1st or just in 2017? I've looked but can't find a clear answer, that's fukin robbery on the rate tho
>>
>>1195571
Was going up to 32.5 if they diddn't pass the legislation. It starts on the 1st of Jan that's why the government was so desperate to pass the legislation before parliament rose for the year.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.