[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Experiences of Mongolia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_Mongolia.svg.png (91KB, 4800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Mongolia.svg.png
91KB, 4800x2400px
>Unfortunately, Xenophobia is rampant, and violence towards foreigners is not uncommon. This problem usually affects males. Mongolian men will generally pick out the largest foreign men and attack them, mostly with their fists. This is known to happen at all hours of the day and in any part of the city. Of course, at night the problem becomes much worse. Be very, very wary of clubs that have a majority of Mongolians. Do not under any circumstances fight back if a Mongolian man assaults you. Many foreigners have been hospitalized and it will never be a fair fight. Ignore completely any drunk Mongolian man; NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are on the street keep walking. If you are in a club and Mongolian men become aggressive, leave immediately. Also be aware that if you are a male, in a group with Asian women (Mongolian or not), this is perceived incredibly negatively by Mongolian men, and it is very likely that you will get assaulted.

I'm backpack travelling through most Central Asian countries as well as Mongolia in the coming weeks with friends and writings like these strongly have me in doubt about it being such a great idea after all. Is it really this dangerous for a tourist in Ulanbaatar or are such claims exaggarated?
>>
There is some truth to it but it's also greatly exaggerated. Using normal precautions is enough.

Also, know that you can't really do anything outside of UB as a backpacker. You need a local guide and driver to see Mongolia. Fortunately it's not hard to arrange for one in UB.
>>
>>1194435
>it will never be a fair fight.

Why do Asians never fight with honor?

Anyway, i heard its not a big issue really, its just the nationalist party (or nazi party) that have a high amount of followers in Ulanbaatar constantly getting in the media for bashing people up in general, not only foreigners.

You wont find these people in the countryside though, only major towns.
>>
>>1194443
>Why do Asians never fight with honor
They don't have to.
>>
>>1194435
I see the blood of Genghis still runs strong.
>>
>>1194443
There is no honor in fighting.
>>
Does "foreign" mean just anyone who's white/brown/black, or does it explicitly mean any non-Mongolian?

I'm Asian, and I really don't want to fight any Mongols. Then again, I'm only 5'11", so I could just stand next to a 7-foot negro.
>>
>>1194662
this
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.