/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Volunteer with Japanese Organisation working in developing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

>Volunteer with Japanese Organisation working in developing country
>Agree to arrive Mid/Jan February and start work on a trial basis
>They ask if I can do fundraising in UK
>Tell them I'm busy as it's Christmas and I need to put my life in order for being away for the next eight months
>They ask if I've booked a ticket, have been super busy of late but w/e i'll sort over christmas
>Autistic email saying how I'm letting down the sponsors and donars etc
>These guys don't even pay me

Wtf is going on here lads
>>
>>1193107

Them being pushy idiots obviously. You are gifting your valuable time and effort by doing volunteer work. Basically some mid-level management is not meeting his quota or whatever and his solution is to attempt to force everyone to work even harder to cover his own ass.

You should respond with a strongly worded passive aggressive email saying they need to start treating you with dignity and respect or find someone else to do the work *for free*. YOU are the volunteer, the person writing the email is likely paid. Its not your problem, its theirs - and clearly they are too stupid to realize attempting to make it your problem they fucked up at some point is counterproductive. You are there to do whatever job you agreed to, thats it - not to start raising funds or some extra shit on the side because they failed to live up to their own obligations.

Seriously tell them to chill in polite words and if they dont then tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>1193107
as soon as you make yourself known to charities they will sink their teeth in and start demanding more, under the assumption that you'll be an easy target
>>
File: 1464188265002.jpg (27KB, 544x409px) Image search: [Google]
1464188265002.jpg
27KB, 544x409px
>which is the country
>how much do you want this position

You should just meme on them. It's not like people don't need other people working for free.

Maybe we're gonna be hiring janitors again soon. :^)
>>
>>1193107
You said it was a Japanese organization.

Japanese organizations, whether the position is paid or not, are quite often the worst places to work for.

The only way it could be worse is if it were Singaporean.
>>
hate to burst the bubble on charity work

but everywhere around the world, people need money
they don't want donated goods, or labour, or campaigning
they just want money

so charities just want money
many will try to rope in people by sending them on "missions" but this is really just so the volunteers donate cash
afterwards, or are motivated to fundraiser back home
asia is full of "gorilla sanctuaries" and "orphanages" that nobody really wanted

and they push anyone they can to rope in their friends, family, with pushy fundraising, abusing your mailing lists, your social media, sending out hard copy junk mail

the reasoning is that it's a lesser evil, because the money saves lives etc
you are disposable to them, your life is secondary to the cause of the charity
the reality is that the charity will soon turn your life into a lesser evil, volunteers get burned out really quickly
>>
>Japanese Organization

There's your problem. They only view their own kind as humans and everyone else is irrelevant. Tell them to get fucked if they're being this pushy, especially if they aren't paying you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.