[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Travel Reccomendations Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I figured it might be nice with a thread, where people could share their collective reccomendations for places to visit.

Or the best experience and place they've ever travelled to.

>got a bag full of money, and two months of free time. I just have no idea, or inspiration of where to go..

If you have any good experiences, I would gladly hear them!
>>
File: SAM_2991.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2991.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>Best place for good food and relaxing
Vietnam
>Best place for outdoors
New Zealand and Scotland
>Best place for friendly people
Morocco
>Best place for seeing old buildings and stuff
I don't know but probably Spain
>Best all-round
Spain

My best travel experience was getting drunk alone and lighting fires in the Mauritanian desert, but I wouldn't recommend that to a wide audience. Second place was climbing to the tip of Gibraltar at 4am to watch the sun rise.
Where's that photo? Looks familiar.
>>
File: 4857947.jpg (41KB, 736x410px) Image search: [Google]
4857947.jpg
41KB, 736x410px
>>1192229
>Spain
>Morocco
>friendly people, best old buildings
>>
>>1192229
Let me contribute do one that makes more sense
>Best place for good food and relaxing
Southern USA
>Best place for outdoors
Alaska and Canada
>Best place for friendly people
Czech Republic, New Zealand, a few of the middle eastern countries
>Best place for seeing old buildings and stuff
Prague and Eastern Europe
>Best all-round
hands down fucking switzerland
>>
>>1192268
Best travel experience was getting lost in Izhevsk and some group of guys told me to follow them, then led me into a bar and got me shitfaced for free, woke up on a bench with all my shit and 1200 extra rubles
>>
Palau is great if you love snorkeling/diving and the relaxed island life. Friendly people who love to strike up conversation. Best snorkeling I've ever experienced and I'm from an island myself.
>>
Best places/trips for people on a student budget?
Alternatively, how to find work to fund extended travel?
>>
>>1192356
If budget is a big concern, then mentioning location would help since you can't probably travel far.
>>
Recommend me the best places for hiking in nature and watching wildlife (not safari-style). Love that shit.
>>
For the women: Brazil or the Philippines

If you like to ride a motorcycle: Vietnam

If you just want to see something different: Japan or Ethiopia

Nice beaches: Philippines

If you speak high level Spanish: Colombia
>>
>>1192397
Costa Rica, Vietnam
>>
>>1192109
Srsly, where dis photo?
>>
>>1192467
Nice, I actually have been to Costa Rica which was where I really got interested in hiking and wildlife, so I am interested in countries offering something similar.
>>
>>1192397
>>1192491
Hey man, I went to CR last year and fell in love with hiking/trekking as well. I have since done a lot of hiking, mostly around where I lived in the PNW and this year I've been to New Zealand. I highly recommend it for hiking and wlidlife. First of all, there are so many hiking trails from 15 minutes long to 6-7 days long that you'll find exactly what you're looking for. In 49 days there I did 22 day hikes outside of cities. New Zealand's economy is based around tourism in many places and most people come for the nature so you know it has to be good. As for wildlife, there's a lot of animals you won't find in many other parts of the world or are exclusive to NZ itself. I mostly wanted to see penguins and they were so awesome. But I've seen so many bird species not found anywhere that I actually for the first time in my life got into bird watching. Highly recommend NZ for hiking and wildlife.
>>
>>1192491
Noice. I recommend 'Nam based on two experiences: In the Mekong delta I went on a canoe tour of a bird sanctuary in a flooded forest. It had all been napalmed/agent oranged, but they'd re-planted the forest so the birds could come back. Magical experience.
Up north we kayaked around Cat Ba Island and our guide took us through a tunnel in the rock, where we came out into a lagoon where there was a species of langur found nowhere else on earth except on the island. Also saw some dope water sneks.
>>
File: Unknown-2.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-2.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>Best place for cheap partying, intense history and beautiful women.
Krakow, Poland.

>Place with Hottest women i have ever seen in my life.
Cordoba, Argentina. The city has one of the largest universities in latin America

>Awesome place to look at street art and be close to the beach.
Valparaiso, Chile

>Isolated, cheap and beautiful spots.
Coroico and Rurrenabaque Bolivia.
>>
>>1192495
My visit to Costa Rica got me interested in bird watching as well. I really wanna go to the Pacific Northwest sometime too. The temperate rainforests look so amazing. And I'll definitely add NZ to my list of countries to visit.

>>1192500
That sounds awesome. Asia has never really interested me before, but I might have to consider Vietnam. It doesn't seem as overrun as Thailand.
>>
Outdoors:
West Coast USA
People:
Ireland, women call me their love
>>
>>1192229
tell us about your experience in mauritania
>>
>>1194621
I just did the touristy things; iron ore train, Terjit, Chinguetti. Only had two weeks.
Wonderful people, good nature, completely safe.
>>
I think everyone should ride the Trans-Siberian railway once in their life. It was just a really comfy experience looking out the window knowing you are in the middle of nowhere.
>>
Israel
>Food
Amazing and diverse
>Outdoors
You like lush land? We got that up north
You like deserts? We got that too, just go south
>Friendly people
That's the one thing we excel at
I love Europe but the people are pretty cold compared to Israel
If you go out drinking alone, people will ask you if you wanna join them and shit like that
>Old buildings
Jerusalem is your best bet, it's pretty great

Since it's not so tourist heavy like main cities in Europe, no one will try to scam you and you don't have to worry about pickpockets
You can just relax and have a good time
Since, like I said, people are friendly, you can ask anyone for help and they will be more than happy to help
>>
Iran.

People treat you like A guest everywhere you go. Everyone I've spoken to that's been there gives it a 10.

Downside- no drinking but hash apparently is super cheap
>>
>>1194675
>friendly people
>no one will try to scam you

At least try to make your shilling more believable, Shlomo. Now I have been to Israel and had a great time, but those two things are definitely not true.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.