[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Best Travel Experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: happy-travel.jpg (81KB, 595x460px) Image search: [Google]
happy-travel.jpg
81KB, 595x460px
Tell me about that trip where everything just went fantastically right. That holiday that was the most fun you've ever had. That tour that opened your mind.
The one you wished every trip thereafter was like.
>>
I'm in Melbourne now and it's by far the best thing I've ever done. I have these awesome roommates that we hang out and smoke weed with. Every weekend I go out and spend time with these awesome people from all over the world. The girls are hot and actually talk to me because they like my accent. It's fucking ridiculous, I was so sheltered my whole life looking back.

Seriously guys, go fucking travel, it's incredible!
>>
>>1191737
t. 18 y/o with rich daddy
>>
>>1191737
>>1191740
don't listen to this guy, have fun on your trip man it sounds like you're living the dream
>>
I once took a greyhound across the country (DC to Seattle), and everything went better than expected. People seem to hate greyhound but in my experience, it wasn't sketchy at all. I kept track of my luggage so it was never in danger of being lost and I didn't have to deal with any weirdos really. On the way we stopped in St. Louis for 30 minutes, so I ran out, touched the Arch, and ran back to the station. I also got to walk around Laramie, Wyoming, which was cool.

I was coming home from college, and this was a much better choice than taking a plane, you get to see parts of this country you wouldn't normally see. It's not cheaper than flying though.
>>
File: 1413420175902.gif (1MB, 250x199px) Image search: [Google]
1413420175902.gif
1MB, 250x199px
>used to be a micromanaging autist who would plan every single thing and make reservations everywhere months in advance and leave nothing to chance
>a couple years ago took a road trip to Prince Edward Island with a good friend
>no plans, no reservations
>freak the fuck out in the beginning
>almost everything went great, the only times it didn't ended up being nice memories and/or hilarious
>actually gave me a new and relaxed outlook on life

</blog>
>>
>>1191737
jelly. where are you from m8?
>>
went to north korea one time and had sex with a north korean lady boy

good shit
>>
>>1192017
0/10, not even trying.
>>
Been in Portimao/Portugal a while ago. It was really cheap, and everything went smooth. Good times and good people, although the beer choice was quite poor, but aside from that everything else was top notch.
>>
I went to Brno with three friends two years ago, we stayed 4 days and it was awesome. I felt, for once, relaxed and enjoying everything on my trip (I am a shy anxious person normally). Even staying awake 24 hours in Prague was good fun. Truly the best time I've ever had abroad.
>>
>>1191740
I'm 30 years old bro. I wish my parents were rich, I would have done this a decade ago. Unfortunately I grew up poor as fuck in an immigrant family, I worked hard for many years to be able to afford this life. So fuck you, this is what I deserve for all the shit years I had to live through.

>>1191950
Not quite there yet, but maybe soon. I really want to get a gf here so that I can go to some of the classier local joints with someone, I know I can make it happen, I'm not a complete retard or anything like that, but it always took me a long time to get anywhere with girls so even though it's much easier here it will still be difficult. I'm going to keep the ride going however for as long as possible, this city is amazing, really.

>>1192014
Canada
>>
>>1192067

They like a Canadian accent?

Not trolling, I'm Canadian too. But unless your from Quebec or Newfoundland, I didn't figure we had much of an accent. Certainty not something "sexy"

If this is the case though, that's good news for me. Going to Europe this summer for the first time
>>
>>1192248
I wouldn't say they like it the same way they do with a French or Italian one for example. English isn't my first language though and they say that I have a different accent because of that but I doubt it as I've been living in Canada for most of my life and went through most of schooling there. It just sounds different to them because they're not used to hearing it all the time outside of tv. It's kinda funny because you'd think we don't have much of an accent, I thought so myself, but you have to remember that they're seeing it from their point of view and that means us Canadians do have an accent to them. Sometimes in stores or restaurants they don't understand me even when I very clearly say what I'm looking for.

But like I said, they don't really find my accent sexy but they get intrigued when they hear me talk and that turns into opportunities I wouldn't be getting back home.
>>
>>1192041
I feel yah brah, the Czech Republic is easily my favorite country besides Switzerland in Europe

And go back knowing basic conversation skills in Czech, it opens up so many doors and it enhanced my trip 10 fold

Czech people are really fucking chill after you get past that cold stage
>>
>>1191730
After a devastating breakup, I flew from Minneapolis to Portland, Maine where I rented a car. From there I went south, spending time in New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, and into Michigan where I dropped off the car and flew home.

This was done all by myself and with pretty much zero planning. Met amazing people along the way. Drove/hiked through some incredible scenery. Spent time in massive cities (like NYC) and found myself in the middle of nowhere (West Virginia). Hooked up with two chicks. One in Philadelphia and another I met Pittsburgh, who then followed me to spend some time together in her hometown, Cleveland, which was my next stop.

I’ve been to 46/50 U.S. states, and 12 countries (not that that’s a ton for /trv/) and this was the best trip of my life.

In second place, doing ayahuasca in Cusco or being aggressively lusted after by gorgeous women in Medellin.
>>
>>1192378
>I’ve been to 46/50 U.S. states, and 12 countries (not that that’s a ton for /trv/)

Don't mind what the autistic spergs on this forum say. Travel is about quality, not quantity. Some guys counts airport layovers as having "visited" the country. I can't stand people who treat travel as ticking off a boxes to use during a dick measuring contest.
>>
>>1192380
Thanks, man. No worries at all.

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't coming across as bragging, just sharing the extent of my travels so far.
>>
>>1192378
>>1192380
I agree. I've been to only 18 countries at 30 years of age but I've traveled through most of them at some point or another and not just visited one spot. I'd like to do this for the rest of my life and maybe get to 50-75 countries but really get to see them in depth.

Unfortunately we live in the social media world where whatever you do is only done to be posted for everyone to see. It's why we get all those shitty inspirational posters. It's why we get people looking for checklists.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.