[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hold me /trv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nciwvhEF6K1tgbng5o1_1280.jpg (145KB, 720x633px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nciwvhEF6K1tgbng5o1_1280.jpg
145KB, 720x633px
>tfw just turned 28

I have always seen a lot of hostels say they dont offer accommodation to people over 27. Is this everywhere/strictly enforced? Am I the creepy old guy for wanting to socialize with my fellow /trv/lers at hostiles like I have become accustomed to doing over the years?

Who else /gettingold/ here?
>>
>>1191496
Also hostels* on that second one, not hostiles.
>>
What country?

Sounds like something Franks or Americucks would do.
>>
File: 1456951326474.jpg (23KB, 482x453px) Image search: [Google]
1456951326474.jpg
23KB, 482x453px
I think it's a Britland/US thing and I assume it's enforced where explicitly stated.
I'm 27 and stayed at hostels this year in Rome, Egypt, Tunisia.

>creep

Not really. Most of the people I met were at my age or above. Saw a lot of people in their 40s, 50s and I'm sure 1 Englishman was pushing 80s in TN.
>>
I'd guess this is a rule in some party hostels in, say, Amsterdam or Budapest, or other places where there's loads of 18-19 year-olds getting drunk together. I've seen it for 35/40 years old, but not 27.
B'sides, why would you want to stay in places like that anyway?
>>
>>1191509
Maybe he wants to fuck drunk 18 year olds, who are you to judge him anon?
>>
>>1191496
>over 27
Never seen that. Some hostels say "not over 35" or so, but it's a guideline, not a rule. Seriously, if a place is clearly geared to the 18-20 crowd, stay away. Those are full of teenager idiots who are on babby's first trip abroad and will do nothing but drink and be loud all night and behave like spoiled kids.
>>
>>1191515
I saw a lot of it in Amsterdam/Barcelona

I doubt its a problem in less touristy areas.
>>
Just say that you're a 14 year old boy, as long as you can speak a few words in arabic and have dark skin you'll get away with it.
>>
I'm 27 right now, and likely won't be able to really go travelling and backpacking again like I want until I'm 29. But I know there's plenty of hostels out there that host adults, and while teenagers and early 20 somethings are kind of annoying, I can deal. Plus I can just lie and say I'm 24 or some shit if I need to.
>>
At 28 you should have enough disposable income to be able to stay in hotels.

Grow up faggot. The dream of being a REEL TRAVELLOR (TM) is over.
>>
>>1191562
At 28 im retired and my business runs itself so my REEL TRAVELER days have just begun. I simply prefer the social aspect of hostels to hotels, unless I am just looking to get laid a lot and need the extra privacy.
>>
>>1191496
Is this like a "no singles policy at the movie theatre" joke or are you serious?
>>
Hostels seem awful, I love the privacy of a hotel/motel
>>
I've never seen this, and I wouldn't worry about it, OP. Old dudes I've met at hostels can socialize with the best of them, and always have the best stories.
I've met a lot of creeps at hostels but I couldn't map out any trends in their ages.
>>
>>1192059
you can alternate from time to time
>>
Complete bullshit, never heard of it. 29 Now, stayed in at least 8 hostels in the last year alone. Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Cape Verde, Japan etc. no problem about my age whatsoever.
A lot of truck drivers stay in hostels in europe, they're all well above 40. Or maybe they just look the age because of all the drinking. Eastern europeans...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.