[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get to jfk 2 hours before connecting flight >miss the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

>get to jfk 2 hours before connecting flight
>miss the flight because they left 8 minutes early and everything was ridiculously slow

Why is jfk such utter cancer
>>
>>1191285
That sucks, dude. The last time I was at JFK I had a super easy time.

For some reason they told us to keep everything in our bags and our shoes on (does this happen often?) and I went through the line and security in around 5 - 10 minutes.

The border patrol officers were generally rude as fuck coming, but I think that's always the case.
>>
>>1191285
I cant forsee a situation where you have 2 hours to connect and didnt make your flight through the fault of the airport, that wouldnt cause them to replace your ticket.

Unless of course you didnt purchase your flights all on the same itinerary.
>>
>>1191288

This. Like how does this shit happen? 2 hours for a connecting flight usually its like 20 minutes tops.. im assuming he dicked around and tried to skirt in at the last second and got bopped.

OP explain yoself
>>
>>1191288
>>1191316
It took nearly a fucking hour for the last of the checked luggage to come out (which mine was in)
Had to walk to airtrain around 10 mins with waiting
3 mins airtrain
10 mins walking to bag check in
Takes 20 mins for line to check bags
Tsa takes another 20
Flight leaves early

And yeah they did replace my ticket for... 8 hours later
>>
>>1191316
>>1191337
good thing you didn't arrive from abroad. Otherwise, it can easily be
>2 hours at immigration line

and then they refuse to replace your ticket because immigration delays is not their fault
>>
I like how the USA is one of the few countries that doesn't trust their own security staff and just controls the luggage everywhere they can.
So useless.
>>
>>1191340
I did arrive from abroad, it just didn't effect the time this time
>>
>>1191337
Where did you end up flying to OP
>>
>>1191337
How the fuck does a plane leave 8 min early if they're missing a passenger that's already checked in?

I don't buy it.
>>
>>1191457
The scheduled departure time is when they aim to lift off from the runway. They close the gate some time before that, and would rather one passenger suffer inconvenience than let one flight delay propagate through the system.
>>
>>1191733
Boarding passes often state something like "gate closes 10/15/20 minutes before departure".
>>
>>1191454
It was the last leg (~2 hours) of my return flight home, flew to a local airport (but slightly further than one I originally planned)

>>1191733
I arrived 3 minutes late to 'doors closing' and at that time I was told that they left 8 minutes prior to doors closing.
>>
>>1191337
Okay you're an idiot for not purchasing flights in the same itinerary. Otherwise you wouldn't have had to pick up your own bags.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.