[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

london

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1478237819099.jpg (63KB, 648x880px) Image search: [Google]
1478237819099.jpg
63KB, 648x880px
hey/trv/
I'm going to visit london in mid january , do you guys maybe have any tips where is a good place to stay ?

I did some research and was thinking of soho ?
is that a good or a bad idea ?
>>
Don't.
It's an overpriced dirty shithole.
>>
>>1191020
thats clear .
have a better suggestion ?
>>
I'm thinking same trip. I'm a history buff of English military stuff. Any advice on 5 days in London.not worried about budget
>>
>>1191020
t. never been to london
>>
>>1191020
Actually it's a cool city, but it's unfortunately full of sandniggers.
>>
>>1191032
No he's spot on.
Unless London has changed a lot in the last 5 years, yes it is an overpriced shithole.
>>
>>1191110
t. jealous local can't afford golden ferrari
>>
>>1191136
Lmao I'm not even British
>>
Im thinking of going for the history aspect. Anyone have advice on doing London then maybe hoping on a train for Portsmouth to see the naval museum. I'd be flying in from NYC and spending 5 days maximum before I have to run back to work.
>>
Weather in January must be brutal though
>>
>>1191256
depends where you're from, it's not that cold compared to say nordic countries or canada etc. Chances are you'll think it's overly rainy unless you're from a rainforest
>>
>>1191135
>>1191020
but that's all cities. London is significantly better than most in this regard
>>
>>1191015
Make sure to learn Udru before you visit the Autonomous Metropolitan Caliphate of Londonstan lad. And if anyone in Londonstan asks your opinion of the royals say you bloody HATE them and all nobility "death to the throne fellow muslim brother, may the prophet topple the whore of Babylon these kuffir call a queen!", this phrase will keep you from being beheaded.
t. scotland
>>
>>1191015
THnks im really enjoying this image right now
>>
Hi OP

Born and bred Londoner checking in

You don't want to stay in Soho or anywhere in zone 1 for that matter

Google London tube map and pick somewhere in Zone 2 to stay

I'd recommend Palmer's Lodge hostel in Swiss Cottage. Reasonably priced, fun vibe (hot girls) and a 5 minute bus ride from Primrose Hill and Camden and 10 minute tube ride from Central London

Make sure you check out Borough Market (great food), take a walk along Southbank, Hunterian Museum and National Gallery

If you like clubbing, two well regarded clubs that I personally like are XOYO in Shoreditch and Phonox in Brixton
>>
>>1191032
>t. never been to london
I live in London since 7 years, it is a utter disgusting shithole which feels me with disgust and makes me vomit every second that I have endured living in this pile of dirty, garbage, rats, noise and other attractions.
>>
>>1192740

Solid advice, I don't know why London threads get so many shitposts.

Definitely don't stay in Soho, it'll be vastly overpriced and probably awful. I quite like Clapham as an area to stay, it's near enough to the center to get in and see things, but far enough away that it isn't shit. It's got good bars and food and quite a nice vibe all round.

London in January will be grey and rainy, but not that cold compared to the rest of Europe in the winter. Our island climate means it never gets very cold or very hot, just very rainy
>>
>>1191147
With a military/maritime/history theme - London has the imperial war museum, national maritime museum greenwich, HMS Belfast, Cutty Sark, Gypsy Moth, tower of london, the churchill war rooms

Portsmouth has HMS Victory, HMS Warrior, Mary Rose, the historic dockyard, the royal armouries, the royal navy submarine museum a d day museum.

If that list doesn't keep you busy for five days then the Dockyard at Chatham is worth a visit.
>>
>>1191147
>>1191015

If that's you're plan I'd say looking for somewhere near Clapham, the rail station will give you a quick route into Central London, and there's a train to Portsmouth from there.

Get yourself an oyster card and you'll travel around London for £6-8 all day, believe it's a £5 deposit on the card.

Pretty much all the major museums are free, but you'll probably have to pay to visit stuff like the Tower of London.

Google London South bank as there is usually some kind of festival with pop up food stalls, and there's sometimes some good street performers.

Hyde Park, Buckingham palace, Green Park, Trafalgar Square are all fairly close to each other if you fancy taking a walk, plus the national art gallery is located by trafalgar square .

Weather is likely to be a mix between the odd nice winters day and utterly shit so plan for the worst, although depending on where you're from is could be absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1191032
t. doesn't live in London
>>
>>1192740

Born and Bred Londoner here who lives in the West-End, and has never lived outside of Zone 1.

If you can afford to stay in zone 1 I would. I would vastly recommend staying in the Marylebone area rather than Soho though if you want to stay in that neighbourhood.
>>
What about staying in Chelsea? Would be too far from the main atractions?
>>
>>1195717
fuck off back to your private school you rat, marlyebone and the surrounding areas are the most boring in all of London
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.