[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

drink on Saudia flights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I've booked me on a long-haul Saudia flight with a connection in Riyadh.

Saudia is apparently the only Gulf-state airline besides Iranians that does not serve any alcoholic beverages in flight.

So I plan to bring my own. The question is - will I be able to get the drinks to the second flight, from Riyadh? Is there a security check in Riyadh if you only have a connection there?

The plan is to buy two small bottles in duty free upon departure (from Europe), one in a sealed bag for the second flight and the other separate for the first flight.

>inb4 beheadings and shit

interested in info from those who had a connecting flight in Riyadh
>>
>>1190944
As long as they're less than 100ml you should be okay
>>
or you could like, not drink for x amount of hours
>>
>>1190944
Is it truly necessary for you to drink alcohol?
>>
>>1190944
Just to echo everyone else, you could always just not drink. I hate flying even though I do it all the time. Not a fan of heights and turbulance makes me uncomfortable. Because of this I always drink if its available to me. It turns the turbulance into a fun ride. I really cant imagine a situation where alcohol would be necessary though.

What kind of visa are you entering saudi on OP?
>>
i hope you do realize you have a problem with alcohol. just bring a lot of sugar, candies, etc.

they might even take it away, even if you bring less than 100ml.
>>
>>1190983
>i hope you do realize you have a problem with alcohol. just bring a lot of sugar, candies
I hope you realize you have a problem with sugar, lol. (Srsly tho.)

>What kind of visa are you entering saudi on OP?
Hadj visa.
(I'm not entering. Just having a connecting flight.)
Still waiting for the input from anyone who flew with Saudia - what's the security check is like for connecting flights.

If anyone still feels the need to advise me not to drink - go ahead, no-one's stopping you
>>
File: 20161009_144130.jpg (4MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_144130.jpg
4MB, 2988x5312px
>>1190985
No alcohol in Muslim countries
No drugs in Asia

With that being said,

>Is there a security check in Riyadh if you only have a connection there?

This is the defining factor.

I don't know how it is in that specific place, but all modern airports don't have security for transfers. You just show your boarding pass and go to the waiting area for your flight.

How long is the connection?

If you don't have to go through security, it doesn't need to be 100ml or in a sealed bag. Bring bottles, nobody cares.
>>
>>1190985
>Hadj visa

Transit to where?
>>
>>1190995
>but all modern airports don't have security for transfers.
This is not true. It is rather more common to have a security check during a transfer than not to have one.
So it's important to know for
this particular one.
>>
>>1190997
>Transit to where?
from Europe to Indonesia
>>
>>1190944
Ask the airline, they can tell you for sure.

Also, Google what happens if you are caught bringing alcohol into Saudi Arabia.

Unless you have assurances by somebody other than a bunch of anonymi, this seems a foolish idea.
>>
>>1190999
You're from the USA, aren't you?
>>
>>1191010
no.
btw, in USA there's no such thing as transfer at all. You have to go not only through security but through passport control as well. Fortunately, there are not many countries in the world that are that backwards. Apart from USA, only China, Canada and Australia come to mind.

>Also, Google what happens if you are caught bringing alcohol into Saudi Arabia.
Decapitation for sure.
>>
>>1191014
No? Well, the only place I had a security check during a transfer was Kiev.
>>
>>1190995
Entering Schengen from non-Schengen will always result in a security check at European airports.
>>
Saudi Arabia is notorious for giving foreigners no leeway at all. Taking alcohol with you on a flight to Riyadh, transit or not, sounds to me like a sure way to get into trouble, as it will most likely count as smuggling if they catch you. From googling it seems a year in prison or public flogging are the usual punishments for such.

Your risks of getting caught isn't important, if you're caught, they won't simply tell you to throw it away. It's not worth the risk OP.
>>
>>1190983
> just bring a lot of sugar, candies, etc.
How is sugar a replacement for alcohol?
>>
>>1191064
lrn2chemistry
>>
>>1191077
Are you saying he should ferment the sugar to alcohol during the flight? That usually takes at least a couple of days.
>>
>>1190944
>one thing I can't do on a flight
>I'm going to do it anyway

back to /pol/
>>
>>1190944
OP, you might be surprised to learn that although islamic law is very strict on paper, there is a surprising amount of cultural flexibility and that they are in fact quite a bit more accepting than the stereotype

for example, suicide bombings are technically illegal, but plenty of people celebrate it

so remember, laws aren't everything
>>
>>1190944

Although I've never been to Saudi Arabia, i have been to other places where alcohol and other items are banned.

Normally there is a very thorough check of your belongings at/after immigration, so if your not going through immigration you might be okay, that being said, Saudi Arabia is notoriously strict and might have religious police check you once you touch down.

So long as your not intoxicated when you land, the worst they will do to you (again, assuming you haven't been through immigration) is confiscate it, once you pass through immigration its treated like smuggling any other kind of soft drug into a country.

Also i know for a fact if you have connecting flights you can have alcohol in your checked luggage it wont be taken out or searched.
>>
>>1190999
>>1190999
I can second this, flying from USA straight to Moscow I had to go through Russian security.
>>
>>1191473
>I can second this, flying from USA straight to Moscow I had to go through Russian security.

Forgot to mention it was only a connection while I flew to Rome
>>
comon guys, nobody here had ever flown with Saudia?
>>
>>1190944
>muh chem dependancy
Really?
Fuck just pick another airline.

If you've got flight jitters you can't logic away ask your doc for chill pills.
>>
>>1191794
fuck you too, m80
>>
>>1190944
Flown with Saudia before to Riyadh for business.

No alcohol allowed on board and that includes any in hand luggage.

Whether you are airside or not when you are connecting, if you have alcohol on your person it will count as possession and smuggling illicit substances into the Kingdom.

Not worth the risk. Don't take or drink any.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.