[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever traveled to Mexico? How was your experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: Jardin-Principal.jpg (637KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Jardin-Principal.jpg
637KB, 1024x683px
Have you ever traveled to Mexico?

How was your experience?
>>
Mexico isn't so bad. It just depends on what city you go to.

I've been to Cancun twice. It's an easy flight from the US and it's a safe city. I enjoyed it and would gladly go back.
>>
File: tulum mexico.jpg (90KB, 765x584px) Image search: [Google]
tulum mexico.jpg
90KB, 765x584px
To piggyback -- I have an opportunity to go work a festival in Chihuahua next year. Anybody been? How was it, both in terms of safety and in terms of being worth going to?

>>1190590

Been to the Yucatan a couple of times, did the tourist trap stuff and saw some of the ancient monuments and stuff. Enjoyed myself.
>>
>>1190590
I feel like this exact thread comes up a lot--is there a secret plant from the Mexican tourist authorities lurking here or something?

But anyway, I've been to Mexico a bunch of times and had great experiences. I was very nervous about Mexico City before I went, but wound up loving it. I also really like Oaxaca (both the city and smaller towns), and although I didn't love Zihuatenejo as a town I had a great beach vacation there.

I also have fond memories, maybe surprisingly, of Mexicali--it's kind of a mess and it's incredibly hot, but it's got some low-key charm. Very good, distinctively local Mexican-Chinese food. I wouldn't go there as a primary vacation destination, but if for some reason you're unlucky enough to be in the Imperial Valley of California (an almost totally awful place, but I have family there), it's easily the most interesting part of the region.
>>
>Get to airport, pick up bags
>start heading out to grab taxi
>get berated by mexicans asking to carry my bags for me, for a tip of course
>say no thanks 100 times
>about to make it out the airport doors, last mexican says "better watch your ass essay, your in mexico now"

Thought it was great, wasnt being a dick, just firmly saying no.

Taxi rides you feel like they are going to wreck and you die, great adrenaline rush similar to roller coaster rides. I think i would br happy just going to mexico and using it as an amusement park of taxi rides.

Foods cool, went fishing at mazatlan and cabo. Caught fish, bring it to local beach bar restaurants, have them cook it up for dinner for family and keep the rest to sell if they want. Pretty good deal for free dinner thats not really free. I did love the fishing there though.

I have been to mexico probably 15 times over the years, never had a problem yet, but friend did almost get robbed in an alley hey got lured into by a mexican claiming the bathroom was that way. Saved him last second. Just be alert and learn come conversational spanish and your good
>>
Went to cancun from England for spring break, was out of this world, some of the best hotels I've seen, fantastic excursions and nightlife as good as anywhere I've been.
>>
>>1190635
I will add it's completely controlled by cartel, but they're peaceful because of the tourist, did have a scary run in in a nightclub with them if you wanna hear the story
>>
>>1190636

tell the story
>>
I worked in San Diego for 2 years and went down to Tijuana or Baja almost every weekend. Those 10$ blowjobs, amazing tacos and cheap cervezas will keep you coming back. Plus I didn't even look at an American girl those whole 2 years. Highly recommend TJ as a single man, great place to bring your friends as a group as well.
>>
>>1190636
do tell essay
>>
File: UxmalOverview.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
UxmalOverview.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
This spring I spent a week in the Yucatan, based in Merida, taking a few van tours of the sights -- Chichen Itza, Uxmaal, Celestun, an some time just walking around town, enjoying the near-nightly street performances.

I had a good time, except that a few days in I got the runs. Maybe I shouldn't have those tamales from the street vendor.
>>
>>1190634
>about to make it out the airport doors, last mexican says "better watch your ass essay, your in mexico now"
lol this cant be real
>>
>>1190955
It actually was.... my dad got pretty scared by it for the first day till we got out of that city
>>
are all inclusive resorts like cancun worth it? i can get 5 nights free in cancun or up to 8 nights free in puerto vallarta

i want to explore mexico for myself, not just stay at a resort all day
>>
Pretty cool, felt much more safe than I expected as I went to Monterrey and people warn that it "isn't for tourists"

Food was good and cheap, people were really laid back and friendly despite not speaking very much English (except for the areas with students and college educated people) beggars/touts are not overly aggressive and can honestly be outright mild-mannered. Ironically the touts who speak better English are usually more aggressive

Although its not a major tourist town there was still a lot of really cool stuff to see like museums, nightclubs/bars, the dam up in the mountains where locals go to drink, cozy mountain pueblas, a chungking mansion style multi-level market with stalls selling all sorts of shit. There was really a lot of different things to experience from all different social strata since Mexico has everything form dirt poor to super rich. Yet it was still overall very affordable
>>
>>1191034
>are all inclusive resorts like cancun worth it?
Rarely. They're helpful to large parties staying together like a family reunion, spread across several rooms, and lets you not plan your day to heartily or need to have to worry about too many charge-it-to-the-room fears for your children and teens to deal with on their own. Are you a major pig? Big drinker? Then you'd be happy enough with just beer and salsa all day every day, and regular fare for your meals, buffets and whatnot. All inclusive is just a money maker for them. Don't expect to get your money's worth in lobster and fine dessert. It'll be just be convenient to know your maximum expense for the trip. They are popular in places where there are few choices when you leave the resort, or if they require a costly taxi to get into town, or you'd avoid that for safety reasons. Keep in mind they keep their good name internationally when people odn't encounter bad experiences when they leave the property.

Just do what you want to do. If the hotel you want to stay at for location of the beach, property amenities that entice you to pick them over someone else, then look at the fact they might even have a non-inclusive price. With regards to major resort towns, there's an adults only which can weed out the riffraff around the pools, screaming unmanaged kids, or too many underage types. But, you can end up among all honeymooners. I like to just pick the newest hotel if it's very competitive.
>>
>>1190955
Kek same thing happened to me, I spent 14 hours is DF airport because I was too scared to leave.

>>1191161
Monterrey looks cool, how long were you there? How much did you spend total?

I was thinking about either flying from DFW or taking a bus from San Antonio.
>>
File: 1300348461003.jpg (96KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
1300348461003.jpg
96KB, 600x420px
I'm flying in to Mexico City and spending a week in the Puebla area in January. Looks pretty fun.
>>
File: 20161203_170937.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_170937.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1191161

I recently opened a thread about Monterrey and got banned for talking about Mexicans lol

I go there once a month and each time I try to visit something new, something different.

This is a picture I took a last week when I was down there (I'm so proud of my phone right now)

I usually spend anywhere from $150 - 200 US Dollars for a good weekend and that's a lot.
>>
>>1191177

i was looking at the adult only one

westin/hyatt properties in cancun, but i'd probably be going alone...are there ruins i can explore or something to do outside the resort? how easy is it to meet mexican whores and avoid getting skinned by cartels
>>
>>1190683
>Those 10$ blowjobs
How to go about this?
>>
>>1191451
>cross the border in to tijuana
>get a taxi to bring you to la zona norte
>streets are brimming full with hookers
>most can be had for 150-300 pesos if you speak spanish and/or arent fat/old

enjoy that delicious exchange rate.
>>
>>1191458
Will I enjoy time in a Mexican prison and/or a knife to the abdomen?
>>
>>1191459
1. it's legal
2. it's safe

the zone is very close to the border and tijuana itself is safe for tourists as long as you dont wander back alleys and you mind your own business
>>
Mexico is like America but with less Mexicans.
>>
>>1191458
>street walking hookers in a third world country

no thanks
>>
>>1191530
Cleaner than american hookers who usually do it because theyre strung out on drugs or their loser boyfriend makes them. These girls do it because it's their best option by far, not to mention you could just spend an extra 20 bucks and go inside one of the establishments and get a primo girl.
>>
>>1191659
And as far as "third world" countries go, Mexico is top tier
>>
>>1190634
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
>>
>>1191659
Enjoy your HIV bro!
>>
>>1191753
Absolutely, especially in TJ. Most of the girls are bussed in from Sinoloa, Jalisco, Oaxaca, just to work selling their body for a couple years to afford a nice place for their family.
>>1191810
Enjoy your ignorance bro!
>>
>>1191863

so i get to tijuana and where do i go to find whores? backpage like everywhere else?
>>
>>1191926
prostitution is legal there. You will find them and their brothels with neon signs. Just google prostitution Tijuana and you find enough. The adelitas and Hongkong bars are stripclubs with 10/10 women + brothel with rooms where you can fuck after the private dance
>>
>>1191926
Check out tjamigos to learn about the endless possibilities, or play it safe like above anon said. It's perfectly ok to hop in a taxi and tell him Cascadas/Adelitas/Hong Kong, you don't even have to leave that one street if you don't want to.
>>
File: 1397065075370_zps0fca8635.jpg (83KB, 485x800px) Image search: [Google]
1397065075370_zps0fca8635.jpg
83KB, 485x800px
Been there twice. Once as a college freshman for spring break. Did Mazatlan. It sucked. Shitty beaches and not nearly as wild and crazy as I expected. Did an all inclusive. Such a mistake. I was young and didn’t know any better.

I went again as a college senior to study Spanish in Cuernavaca. Took trips to Mexico City, Acapulco, a small mountain town called Buena Vista, saw the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan, etc. This was a wonderful experience. Spent two months there with a host family and made great friends with other students from various parts of the U.S. I even had a little girlfriend named Cintia who was obsessed with me. She brought me to so many cool local places where gringos pretty much never go. Was based. Had the best tacos of my life there that were dirt cheap, served on a plastic cafeteria tray. The entire restaurant started at me when I came it. It was a real “record scratch” moment.

She probably has no less than four kids now. Ah, Buenos recuerdos.

Sorry for the blog entry. Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1384382688486.jpg (60KB, 610x480px) Image search: [Google]
1384382688486.jpg
60KB, 610x480px
>>1193763
>meet cute Mexican girl who's obsessed with you
>have the best tacos of your life
>>
How old do you have to be to get whores in TJ?
>>
>>1190683
Kek
>>
>>1190701
Sorry lads forgot, bought coke from our hotel manager went to a club after, people sniffing blow everywhere in the club, soon as I pull mine out security grabs me, basically you have to buy your shit in the club's, get taken to a small bathroom where there's about 8 Mexican gorillas stood around and one little guy in a suit sat at a table, calls me over asks whare I got it, told him my hotel, he said its a problem because he's cartel and they want the money, took my shit and my money but gave me some of his, done a bump with him and got the fuck outta there, honestly thought I was going to die tho
>>
File: 1927680_598694170060_7885_n.jpg (102KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1927680_598694170060_7885_n.jpg
102KB, 604x453px
>>1193819
Dug up pic related.

Not pictured: tacos.
>>
>>1194445
Holy yikes, man.
>>
>>1191213
There is absolutely wrong with this picture, as long as you understand the risks, Somalia is a great place, subjectively speaking.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.