[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: happy-people-barcelona-11.jpg (296KB, 1200x716px) Image search: [Google]
happy-people-barcelona-11.jpg
296KB, 1200x716px
I'm going to spain next month and I'll have about 5 days to explore. I am most likely only going to madrid and barcelona. The question is, which city should I spend more of my time in? Flying into madrid and then flying to barcelona and back.

Definitely want to tour some architecture and hit some museums but I am also really into food and have friends coming along so we'll want to go to bars at night.

Which city is worth more of our time?
>>
Kind of a pointless question. 2 full days in each, 1 morning in one and one evening in the other, with midday going to transit.

Most places have at least a week's worth of interest in them. This looks like more of a driveby holiday.
>>
Just cancel your trip.

Spain has some of the dullest metropolitan areas and is filled with some of the laziest people with terrible teeth.

However, Madrid > Barcelona
>>
>>1190393
2 days in Barcelona. That should honestly be enough to see what there is to offer. To be honest, I wasn't that big a fan of the place. The people aren't very friendly, but that's mostly because it's absolutely swamped with tourists 24/7. There are much better places to see in Spain (for instance, Seville is absolutely wonderful) but if you only 5 days and are set on it then it's worth seeing for what's there. The food's p good too.

Do 3 days in Madrid. 2 actually in-city, and 1 to take a day trip to Toledo. Toledo is about an hour by bus from Madrid, and in my opinion one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. It's a touristic place that actually lives up to the hype. Beautiful mudejar architecture, the most awe-inspiring cathedral I've ever seen, interesting history, and great food. If you want a more "Spanish" experience, then visiting Toledo is a must.
>>
>>1190393
> Which city is worth more of our time?
Deffo Madrid.
>>
>>1190393
>>1190555
I second Toledo. I spent about 6 weeks there two summers ago and can say it's got a lot to offer. I found Madrid to be similar to most major metropolitan areas but with two phenomenal art museums. If you like art, go to the Prado and Reina Sofia. Then a trip to Toledo.
>>
>>1190393
>>>1190393
>2 days in Barcelona. That should honestly be enough to see what there is to offer. To be honest, I wasn't that big a fan of the place. The people aren't very friendly, but that's mostly because it's absolutely swamped with tourists 24/7. There are much better places to see in Spain (for instance, Seville is absolutely wonderful) but if you only 5 days and are set on it then it's worth seeing for what's there. The food's p good too.
>
>Do 3 days in Madrid. 2 actually in-city, and 1 to take a day trip to Toledo. Toledo is about an hour by bus from Madrid, and in my opinion one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. It's a touristic place that actually lives up to the hype. Beautiful mudejar architecture, the most awe-inspiring cathedral I've ever seen, interesting history, and great food. If you want a more "Spanish" experience, then visiting Toledo is a must.

I am from Spain and Im agree with that.toledo worth.

In madrid and barcelona You have to do the Sandemans tours .Its highly recommend .These are some" free tours"( you choose how much to pay),and they show the city in three hours and explain to you all the history.you can make them in English.
And at the end of the tour you pay in orther you have enjoyed them .I gave 10 euros by person and its ok.

With this option you will enjoy more both cities.
>>
>>1190555
>>1190570
>>1190568

Thanks anons, a friend who just visited Spain also recommended toledo so I'm definitely going there. Looks like I may spend more time in Madrid as well.

Anyone have hostel/restaurant suggestions?
>>
>>1190691
In Toledo, go to "Virtudes" in the Casco Antiguo. Bar owner is named Miguel. Nice guy and the place has good grub and wine.
>>
>>1190691
Hi !

I can recommend to you some hotels , areas and restaurants.
But at first I want to know your budget if you are looking a very good restaurant with michelin stars or just the most typical places in Madrid.
Are you going with the girlfriend and searching for a fancy restaurant? or are you with friends searching for party?
Just let me know how is your budget
>>
>>1190993
I am looking for hostels not hotels. I tend to spend more money on food because I enjoy it more than other things. So I will most likely go to at least one expensive restaurant and the rest will be average priced.

Recommend me any of your favorite restaurants honestly. I will spend a lot of money if the food intrigues me. I am just going with friends, no girlfriend, so I'm looking for bars/clubs too.

thanks
>>
>>1191013
Just take a look at this websites, in my opinion all them are very good.

Seafood Restaurants:

Opazo
http://opazo.es/menu/?lang=en

Telegrafo
http://eltelegrafomarisqueria.com/?lang=en

Japanese food:

Kabuki
http://www.restaurantekabuki.com/en/

Fancy club:

Marieta
http://www.marietamadrid.com/

Perra chica:
http://perrachica.com/

Roasted meats:
Asador Donostiarra
http://www.asadordonostiarra.com/index.php/en/ ( I saw many times soccer players of Real Madrid eating here)

If you want to eat some "tapas" ( small savory dishes,typically served with drinks at a bar.)
The best place is "La latina" there are a lot of restaurants and pubs and in Sundays since noon , you can see always a lot of people.
>>
Been to madrid twice this year, kinda meh overall. Didn't like the people, the food or the physical city itself. Skip if possible.
>>
>>1190393
If your thing are museums and historical stuffs, go to Madrid. 3 days there, 1 day in Toledo and 1 in Segovia are perfect. If you are a party guy, Barcelona is your place.
>>
>>1191059
>Opazo
M8 that place is expensive as fuck.That is where Florentino brings his clients. Excellent restaurant though.How often do you go?
>>
File: unesco.png (7KB, 602x445px) Image search: [Google]
unesco.png
7KB, 602x445px
>>1190412
>Spain has some of the dullest metropolitan areas
I highly doubt that you can find any city in Europe like Sevilla,Granada or Cordoba. Also Spain has like more human heritage sites than France which is a lot.
>>
Related, can /trv/ recommend any specific hostels in Madrid? I'm only spending an extended weekend, so I might get a single room.
>>
If you're traveling to Spain, then the cities you absolutely MUST go to are Granada, Seville, Santiago de Compostela and Cordoba.

And I didn't even include Madrid or Barcelona because everyone visiting Spain goes there anyway.
>>
>>1193349
I agree, but I would add San Sebastian and probably Bilbao to the list
>>
>>1193345
U Hostels is a two-star hostel, which probably is enough.
>>
>>1193351
And did I mention it's wonderfully cheap? Just 21 €!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.