[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Northern Ireland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Any tips for someone moving to Northern Ireland? Im moving in with a friend and probably will get shitty job to support my hobbies at least for a while. What are some jobs anyone could get into? Also whats best beer and national food I should try? I'll probably do some sightseeing too. I'll be living somewhere between dublin and belfast.
>>
>>1190154
Tips - firstly stay away from politics and religion the troubles are still close to the surface. Secondly decide which country you are asking about. Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland (Eire) and uses Euros. While Belfast is in Northern Ireland and uses UK pounds.
>>
>>1190187
Oh I will never dwelve into politics and religion of another coutry.
Okay, checked the city Ill be living in, Northern Ireland it is, but if I can Illbe traveling all around.
>>
>>1190189
You don't need to delve, the place is still pretty much segregated on a street by street, community by community, pub by pub basis. Being aware and staying out of trouble is a good idea. Travelling is easy, obviously you will need a passport but the border is easy to cross and mostly has no controls on it.
As well as the currecy difference North speed limits are in MPH while Irish speed limits are in km per hour. Both drive on the left though.
>>
>>1190204
Ok thank you. Just havent bren abroad in ages and feels like Im going to different world(kinda am I guess).
Can you reccommend me some good beer from the get go?
>>
>>1190215
The classic - either Guiness or Murphys depending on your taste.
>>
>>1190222
Love guines,, will try murphys, thanks again.
>>
>>1190154
>I'll probably do some sightseeing too

The northern coast is stunning. Especially the Giant's Causeway.
>>
>>1190259
Noted. Thanks
>>
Stay away from the green/red interface areas. Pure red and pure green are comfy.
>>
>>1190270
You burnt me hard bro :D , im colorblind to green/red tones : D, but saved this and will show friend.
>>
>>1190279

Is orange/blue any better? Still somewhat culturally accurate too.
>>
>>1190229
>Guinness
Don't order Guinness in a militantly protestant part of Norn Iron. If you have to ask why, you really don't know enough not to get into fights.
>>
Not OP, but can you still get away with the Euro in Irish Nationalist areas? Me and the family are think of a trip with stops on both sides of the border and it seems like changing currencies twice (USD to Euro to Pound) would be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>1190293

No, some places on the roi/ni border will take euro. But nationalist/unionist areas elsewhere will only accept sterling.
>>
>>1190286
Yes, thanks

>>1190291
Ok, noted.
>>
>>1190154
Not OP, thought my questions might be appropriate for this thread. Im thinking of doing a solo trip to Belfast. Im a 27 year old man and I´ve been to Ireland but never Northern Ireland. Is it hard to get to know people? Not done much solo traveling before.

What are some other places worth visiting? any tips on what to see?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.