[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im going to japan :)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1608_special_TOTO_main.jpg (245KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1608_special_TOTO_main.jpg
245KB, 1000x600px
hey /trv/ im about to spend the next two years in japan and i have no idea what to expect. i am VERY excited about the prospect of living in a foreign country seeing as ive only lived in the us for the 24 years that ive been alive.

as i said before i dont really know what im walking into so im doing a little bit of asking around. so
what kind of things should i expect?

if you could could provide me with what youve learned from your experiences and also help me in some fact checking in the research that ive done so far i would be immensely grateful.

outsiders are allways just that. it is nigh impossible to be seen as something other than gaijin. is this true?

i love anime. seriously ive got 1.8 TB worth of it and ive seen almost all of it. ive read that the japanese populace view the anime "thing" as weird and childish. to paraphrase what i read "you will have to hide your trigun DVD collection just like you would in the states" the quote isnt 100% accurate but the gist is the same. is this true?

ive heard that the sushi in japan(especially on the coast) is the greatest thing ever. you can walk up to a fish market and watch them kill the fish and make it into sushi and its amazing. is this a thing? is this as awesome as it sounds?
>>
>>1190047
to caveat off of what i sad earlier.

no this isnt the first foreign country ive ever visited. ive been to norway, romania, and several others that i wont mention.

sushi is one of if not my favorite foods in the states(you just have to find the right resteraunt).
>>
>>1190047
Not sure if this is a troll post but
>outsiders are allways just that. it is nigh impossible to be seen as something other than gaijin. is this true?

Yeah, just look at how Zainichi are treated there. Like they'd ever consider a westerner as anything other than gaijin
>>
>>1190047
Post this in the Japan general and delete this. You will always be seen as a foreigner. Sushi is slightly better than the rest of the world. Liking anime is childish but a lot of people do, it's like playing video games.
>>
This is poor bait or just some strong autism
>>
>>1190490
Calm down. Not everybody wants to use the "generals," nor is it required to do so. If it makes you mad, just hide thread and move on.
>>
>>1190047
You'll never understand Japanese culture and language SO WELL that you'll turn yellow. But the fact of the matter is, Japanese people are humans and if you meet some good friends they'll just see you as friends. You need to have really good Japanese language skills though, because if you fuck up every sentence then they'll never see you as anything other than a stupid gaijin

That being said: don't be afraid to make mistakes. It is ok to fuck up, and your Japanese is GOING to suck before you spend a LOT of time practicing using it with other human beings. Let's get this out of the way now, say it with me! "I WILL fuck up and embarrass myself"

You WILL fuck up and embarrass yourself while practicing the Japanese language, so just take that as a fact and move on. This is a country with 130,000,000 people. It doesn't matter if 50 of them don't like you.
>>
>>1190798
He will only get trolled and shit on if he makes thread nr 947890 "hey I'm a solo traveller going to Japan lol I love anime"
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.