[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am planning to do a trip to America in 2017 for 15 days on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: MQhEZ54EBZ6TKipMsFNjQAKg.jpg (59KB, 700x576px) Image search: [Google]
MQhEZ54EBZ6TKipMsFNjQAKg.jpg
59KB, 700x576px
I am planning to do a trip to America in 2017 for 15 days on the East Coast to begin. I want to visit New York of course, Boston, Niagara falls, Washington, what else should I visit?
>>
>>1189474
rhode island in general is kinda cool, but that's because I had a local show me around. nice chill place with pretty scenery and it's only an hour from boston anyways
>>
>>1189474
might consider philly if you like history and stuff too.
>>
>>1189478
Is Philadelphia worths the visit? I thought it was just a huge city.
>>
If you want to abbreviate Washington, DC, call it 'DC'. Nobody calls it Washington.
>>
>>1189480

There's some nice stuff there, but a large portion of the city is trash.

>>1189474

Not sure how close to the coast you want to stay, but West Virginia has some very nice outdoor activities (caving, whitewater rafting, etc). Further down the coast, Savannah is a great city to visit.
>>
>>1189480
Not him but I love Philly. Even the ghetto parts are interesting.
>>
>>1189474
>Doing all that in 15 days
Slow down
>>
>>1190004
Agree. Unless you're flying between each location (which would be insane), travel will eat up a good chunk of your time. Niagara to anywhere is gonna be at least 8 hours driving.
>>
If you go to Niagara make sure you cross the border into Canada. The view of the falls is way better plus there are many more activities and attractions on that side.
>>
Maine is probably the most beautiful state in the union op. climb mt.blue ,swim in sabago lake, vist wolf's neck state park, and eat the country's best sea food. This is all in southern maine aswell, up north its just dense wilderness and no civilization. Could do all this in 2 days. Highly recommend!
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (2MB, 4225x2391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0041.jpg
2MB, 4225x2391px
>>1190419
Picture from atop mt.blue
>>
>>1190004
better than people coming in saying they want to see the whole US in 15 days
>>
>>1189474
depends on the time of year, but the white mountains in NH are really nice. if its during the summer there are losts of ski lodge places in maine and NH you can rent for cheap.

portland and acadia national park are cool too if you head that way

cape cod is a nice side trip, pretty ritzy and expensive but good seafood (get portugese kale soup)
>>
>>1189474
unless you're really interested in DC, i'd avoid the extra day of driving to get to it
>>
>>1189480
Philly native, dont skip it. Ive grown to appreciate the city a lot more over the years. so much damn good food, historic monuments, and fun stuff by the waterfront and old city. You'll enjoy your time
>>
>>1189474

DC native here. Why did you decide to visit the shittiest part of America first? Was it just to get it out of the way?
>>
>>1191815
I'm a New Yorker and I love Philly.

I just wish the bars stayed open later than 2.
>>
File: bar closings by state.jpg (141KB, 588x990px) Image search: [Google]
bar closings by state.jpg
141KB, 588x990px
>>1192035
New Yorker here, this is my primary concern whenever I leave the state. why are other states still so puritanical?
>>
>>1192096
yeah it's 2AM pretty much everywhere else, that sucks. I like being able to go out at 11 and still have a full night ahead of me.

Nevada, Louisiana, and Florida are the exceptions I can think of (Nevada and Louisiana have no last call)
>>
>>1192098
California I've been okay with, but mostly because the time displacement means that a 2 am last call feels like 5. but Rhode Island and Massachusetts feel practically tyrannical.
>>
The Adirondacks in upstate NY, pick a random hike and take it in
>>
>>1192134
I'm not sure why New England's liquor laws are so strict.
>>
Another DC native here to say its ok to skip our town. Unless you're really in to museums, you won't like it (and even then, ny has better but you have to pay)
>>
>>1189474
Niagara Falls is a waste of time unless you're already passing through the area, which it sounds like you aren't. Don't waste your time driving 8 hours each way to see a waterfall in a scummy city.
>>
File: IMG_2757.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2757.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1190419
>>1190420
Maine is a shitty place sometimes but southern Maine is where it's at. Central Maine is complete dog shit aside from the mountains and trails - good luck finding decent food there. Mt Blue is pretty but it's at least an hour and a half away from the Dirty Lew and Auburn

Anyway stick with Portland Maine if you decide to pop up

>>1191166
Acadia is actually really nice
>>
>>1192384
Some of NY's museums, you can pay as little as you want instead of the suggested donation (I assume the cheap fucks on /trv/ would pay 1 dollar)
>>
I've been thinking about taking a few days off and heading to the east coast, DC most likely. What should I expect?
Would be flying in from the west coast
>>
>>1189480
Lots of museums in philly
>>
Boston has duck boat tours. A couple nice art museums. Plenty of historical sites, the commons in front of the State house. & is pretty easy to get around.
>>
>>1192134
We just legalized pot in MA. That's not too bad. MA does set the standard for a lot of rules & regulations though.
>>
>>1193720
>What should I expect?
The best museums in the USA and a lot of black people.
>>
>>1192411
>Anyway stick with Portland Maine if you decide to pop up

Why? It's so shitty there. It's almost lewiston tier. Driving up the coast is pretty fun.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.