[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Java/bali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 2ba4bbfcf8.jpg (103KB, 1247x781px) Image search: [Google]
2ba4bbfcf8.jpg
103KB, 1247x781px
I will be travelling to do a project in Semarang for a week and i'll be getting a scholarship for it. Since I'm there, I would like to see a bit more of Indonesia, so I thought about travelling central and eastern Java to Bali and fly back.

My question is about getting to bali. Trains/busses go through the bigger cities, but I'd rather see temples/rice paddies and shit along the way. How would I do this? Buy a motorbike?

And what are some places in Bali that are not just drunk aussies?
>>
File: cemoro-lawang.jpg (630KB, 2896x1944px) Image search: [Google]
cemoro-lawang.jpg
630KB, 2896x1944px
1.) Unless you have some very particular and weird reason, stay away from Surabaya. It's shit.

2.) Rather than keeping to the coast, stray inland towards the volcanos and places like Bromo (Cemoro Lawang is just the qtest village) when in west Java.

3.)Stay away fron Denpasar, it's drunk aussie central. I don't know how south-east Bali is, but the north-east and central mountain regions are pretty cool.

4.) Buying a motorbike is a neat idea, but only do so if you're at least somewhat experienced, the traffic is slightly chaotic and some roads are pretty fucked. DO NOT BUY A VESPA FOR A 700km RIDE, YOUR BALLS AND ASS WILL FALL OFF.

Anyway, depending on your itinerary, your best bet is to travel by train/bus/hitchiking on Java, get to the outskirts of Denpasar, then rent a vespa there for a few days and travel Bali.

The rice terraces are the prettiest north of Ubud and west of the crowded jatiluwih, near the Pura Luhur Batukaru temple imo.
>>
Lombok is less of a tourist attraction than Bali from what I've heard, so it would be a good place to visit.

Also, keep in mind that you can get Dengue fever, so try to take precautions.
>>
>>1189226
Thanks, will probably take busses/trains and do day trips then. Any more places you thought were memorable?
>>
>>1189154
I've done what you're planning to do on a bicycle, several times now. Madura Island was nice, and rather interesting as there were just no white people there at all. The cities were pleasant and some of the countryside was amazingly beautiful.

Surabaya, if you love animals don't go to the zoo. There are some nice malls there, try to make eye contact with girls, chat them up and fuck them.

Tuban has a real nice mosque, and itself is a pleasant place.

The little peninsula that Japara is on was interesting, at the very tip is an old Portuguese fort, which was crappy but with a great location.

We didn't go to Semarang as at Kudus we went south.

The route you have is pleasant but there isn't anything amazing. You'll have a good time.

I was in Surabaya last year, and only one banks ATM would work to withdraw money. It was a Malaysian bank, maybe UOB,.
>>
>>1190470
Aren't the people in Indonesia muslim? How would you pick up muslim chicks?
>>
>>1191484
Here is how you would pick up an Indonesian chick. 1. Be white 2. Go to a nice mall like Surabaya Plaza or Tunjing (sp?) Plaza 3. Walk around and look for girls that don't have head scarfs on 4. As you are walking towards the girl look at her eyes, she will look at yours 5. This is hard but keep locked on them. 6. When she is close say hai, do you know where some shop is? 7. If you can get to talking, tell her that at your hotel you have a photo of your mother you want to show her. 8. If she does go to your hotel, you can fuck her.

Indonesia is pretty Muslim but it is not the hardcore kind (for the most part). The women are friendly, and easy to talk to. So aside from above, just be outgoing, and don't over think things, and maybe if you don't get laid, you can find a wife.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.