[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best price/beach ratio ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

Hello, I don't come here often and I'm not a big traveller.

I live in Canada and fucking hate winter with a passion. However, my current job allows me to take 2-3 months of vacation during winter.

So my question is, which destination would you suggest that features pretty beaches and where I could spend 2-3 months with a budget of around 5000$ CDN

I'm thinking either Thailand or Phillipines, but then again I haven't travelled much.

PS: 34 y-o white male fluent in french, english and spanish.

thank you so much! and whatever you do, don't come to Montreal from mid january to end of february. -20C sucks
>>
baja mexico
>>
If you find a good deal maybe Chile Valparaiso would be doable. Not sure but it's summer there while it's winter in Canada.
>>
Also Canadian. Any places in the USA or EU that are relatively cheap and have nice beaches?
>>
>>1189036
depends when and how long, but usually, EU + beaches = $$$
>>
>>1189011
Have you looked at Zanzibar and the other beach resort areas in Africa from former French colonies?
>>
>>1189036
Places are realtovely cheap in the USA during this time, but they aren't warm in most places. Really only Florida.
>>
>>1189011
I know a place in Bangtao, in Phuket that without the discount I got cost 900 baht a day, that'd be about 1000 CND a month. And if you are lucky maybe they will drop the price to 800 Baht, like they did for me.

Also, use Agoda or booking.com to look up lodging at the places you are interested in staying
>>
Try algarve in Portugal, or south Spain
>>
>>1189016
It's a nice place with ok tier beaches but the water will never get warm or comfy due to the cold Humboldt Current. If it's about beaches I would suggest Uruguay or Brazil outside the main resorts for South America where you get great bang for the buck.

Also Cuba is cheap as fuck if you stay in Casa Particular outside Havanna, Santiago and Varadero.
>>
>>1189011
Fellow Canadian, and snowbird. Currently planning my own trip.

Go to Central America. Not South America

I am doing
Honduras -> Guat -> Nica -> Panama
I intend to dive, surf, eat ceviche, drink beer, tan, etc.
All of these countries have a Caribbean, and Pacific side, and feature world class beaches of both categories.
>>
If you're not set on Asia, some parts of Mexico might be a good bet. It'll probably be cheaper to get to, and if you're not in a super touristy area, or in a resort, it can be pretty cheap. Knowing Spanish will make the experience easier, too.

My recommendation would probably be somewhere in Yucatan. It's the safest part of Mexico, the people are usually cool, and there are some nice beaches. If you avoid Cancun, it's a really nice place. Merida is a cool city, and within an hour's drive of nice beaches.
>>
What job do you have that lets you take that much time off during winter? Are you a cegep teacher
>>
>>1189011
If you are looking for cheap yet decent beaches then I would recommend Caribbean part of Colombia even northern Perú, and if you feel brave enough Venezuela where your US$ will make you feel like a millionaire.
>>
>>1189116
this is bad advice unless you think 10° is beach weather
>>
>>1189011
Vanuatu by far

Google Nanda blue hole and their beaches

The only drawback the native chicks are fugly
>>
>>1189261
No, I'm a cable guy (work for Bell Canada)
Winter is the low season in term of business, so they're allowing is to take this this deal called ''90-10''
basically means on a one-year period, I get paid 90% of my salary, but am granted 5 extra weeks of vacations (that can only be taken during winter).

Now if I throw in my 3 weeks of ''normal'' vacations, I get 2 months of paid vacations.
Also, when I work overtime, I can either get paid, or ''store them in a bank of hours'', which I can then use to take paid off days.
So that's how I can leave for 2-3 months and still get a paycheck every week.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions btw!
>>
Okay, based on what you said, I will try and help.

You will need to stay away from resorts and big chain hotels or your money won't last. You need to find an apartment or rent a room from someone.

This will eliminate a bunch of places like Jamacia, and the Caymans, places that are expensive. I would also put Cabo, Cozumel and the other popular touristy Mex places in that category. Your money would go far in other Mexican places.

I was in Panama earlier this year and the people were nice and I had a good time, Your money will go far. I did not visit the beach so no help there.

Costa Rica has some great beaches, Pacific side, and is probably just a bit more than Panama on cost. Still pretty reasonable, and you might look into that.

I really enjoyed Thailand, and your money will go far if you get just a bit off the beaten path. The down side is your languages won't help you much, and the flight can be expensive and is very long.

I went to Brazil for Carnival one year and loved Rio, the beaches were very good. I don't know about lodging and it was many years ago. The dollar went far when I went.

I can't tell you any thing about the Phillipeans, I am hoping to go there in Jan this coming year and check it out. I do know just from limited research that the dollar goes far and English is widely spoken, so that is a plus.
>>
Let me add one more thing, I only spent one day in Belieze, off of a cruise boat, but I have friends who think it is a great destination. You might look into that as it is also a favorable economy.
>>
>>1189289
This OP
>>1189011

But even better than Vanuatu try Samoa.

I used to be a full /pol/ retard. Hate filled, negative.
1 month in Samoa stripped it all away. It's paradise, and the people are amazingly giving and charming.
Changed my life and my future.
>>
>>1189341
>1 month in Samoa stripped it all away

how much did you spend ?
would you elaborate on where you stayed, what you did, etc...
>>
>>1189341
only bad thing about Vanuatu to me was the flight, I had to go to Auckland then over there, i thing i spent 16 hours or so flying

but fucking god tier beaches
>>
Philippines if you want to get laid all the time.

Colombia has mostly shitty beaches but super fun to spend time in, especially since you're fluent in Spanish. Not easy but can fuck some real stunning girls there with effort.

Thailand is good for hanging out with backpackers, other places are better for other things. You don't have the budget to fuck a ton of hookers and local girls will avoid you because you fit in the sex tourist age range.

Vietnam is Uber cheap, has pretty girls, a ridiculous culture, and has some good beaches. I'd say split your time between here and Philippines.

Indonesia is great too, never been there but it might fit.
>>
File: hyatt-siesta-key-beach.jpg (31KB, 550x361px) Image search: [Google]
hyatt-siesta-key-beach.jpg
31KB, 550x361px
>>1189036
>>1189090
Yes, Florida is your best option in the US. The weather is beautiful during winter here. Some days it will be around 80f, if there isn't a cold front. coldest it will get is 30f, which is rare. Southwest FL has some of the nicest beaches in the world. The house next door to me was a vacation home rental and Canadians would often stay there.

OP's $5000 would be pushing it though. if you find a cheap airbnb and don't party too much, it is possible.

look up and down the swfl coast from naples to siesta key for rentals.
>>
>>1189575
OP here
Thanks but I didn't mention any interest for hookers or getting laid. Never change /trv/ ... :^)
>>
>>1189584
You're a single 34y/o white male, you'll be gone for months, and the women don't factor into your travel plans? I'm guessing you've never been to a place where the women are much better looking and easier than Canada. It can make you trip to have a cute travel buddy.
>>
>>1189602
Nah it doesn't bother me one bit. Whatever happens happens you know? It took me 18 years to lose my virginity afterall, so I won't die if I don't get laid for 2 months or so
>>
>>1189011
<Hurr I live in a country that gets cold
< Try dealing with -40

#realmendontcomplain

Side note. There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Glad you aren't my neighbour, pussy.
>>
File: yeah.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>1189011
Malaysia is fucking incredible:

pro:
- you can find hotel room for as low as 5 euros
- you can have luxury hotel for less than 100 euros a night (Marriot, in the middle of the jungle)
- incredible landscape/beaches
- amazing sea life: some beaches have sea turtles, sharks and shitload of colored fishes at 10 meters from the shore. We wanted to go scuba diving but everyone told us that is was useless and they were right. Search for "snorkeling perhentians" on google.
- far less tourists than in Vietnam / Thailand

cons:
- avoid Kota Bharu

pic related, it's me under the black box. After a trip in the jungle we found that beach out of nowhere. We were totally alone with the monkeys.
>>
>>1190156
I think it's extremely weird you would black out your whole body.
Like you a reptilian humanoid or something
>>
>>1190156
>- you can find hotel room for as low as 5 euros
How'd you manage that?
>>
>>1190156
Kubrick? Is that you?
>>
File: havannah-harbour-beach1.jpg (44KB, 700x293px) Image search: [Google]
havannah-harbour-beach1.jpg
44KB, 700x293px
>>1190156
thx for the info
the beach looks like garbage though compared to Vanuatu
>>
File: 1479749856465.jpg (67KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1479749856465.jpg
67KB, 600x440px
I'm a chubby but charming Canadian man

Which country has the easiest beach sloots for me to sex up? Also how do I go about sealing the deal with them once I'm there?
>>
>>1190819
Philippines for beaches+girls. The easier and better looking girls are in the big cities, but you can always take them on an adventure to the good beaches that are everywhere.

Lima, Peru is easy if you speak conversational Spanish and you're white. There are some shitty beaches right there in the city, better ones a few hours away. But Peruvian girls are pretty underwhelming in every way.

Mombasa, Kenya if you want things suuuuper easy and you don't mind black girls. I never liked black girls in the US, but in Kenya they're usually more feminine and articulate than the average western white girl, I found myself liking them.
>>
My friends and I are planning a trip to Europe this spring, and we're tying to figure out an ideal beach destination. Most of us have been to Barcelona/Spain before, so we're trying to expand our horizons. I want to go somewhere in the French Riviera, preferably Nice, but my friend claims you have to pay out the ass to do anything that doesn't involve just walking from your hostel to the beach and back. Italy and Greece have also been thrown out but I'm iffier on those. Any advice?
>>
>>1190992

Hey man I was thinking about going to Africa at some point in the next few years. Could you talk more about Kenya and the big booty bitches down there?
>>
>>1190306
lol that was the first thing I thought of.

>>1191632
Seconding this.
>>
>>1191617
Try out Portugal - Algarve, I've been there 2 months ago, it was awesome.
>>
>>1191617
South Croatia? My French friends loved it.
>>
>>1191675

Yeah, that's definitely an option. I've heard Portugal has gotten much cheaper. We'd be going before peak season so things might be even better.

>>1191676

Do you mean like Dubrovnik or Split? those actually sound pretty great.
>>
File: mv.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mv.webm
3MB, 320x240px
I am visiting Miami Beach in a month.

Does anyone know if it is acceptable to wear pool-style sandals, or 'flip flops' in casual diners near a beach.

By casual, I mean a sort of 'family style' restaurant. Nothing fancy, but a step or two above franchise fast food. Your typical family steak-house, for example.

Its just that I will be bustling between the actual beach and the downtown quite a bit, and can't be changing shoes all the time, as I will be on foot. Its bad enough that I have to figure where to stow beach clothes; my hotel is five miles north and I am on foot.

There is something called a Luggage Lounge, which is helpful. I am still sorting it out. I just dont want to be hauling beach gear everywhere either.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1191896
Yes, anything south of Split along that coastline and islands.
>>
>>1191896
>I've heard Portugal has gotten much cheaper.
it's one of the cheapest in western europe, perhaps even the cheapest, but things have gotten more expensive due to the recent boom in tourism, not cheaper
>>
>>1189011
Portumeme
Magaluf if you are into degenerate anglo behavior
>>
>>1189011
Three things:
1) Anyone who suggests Europe in this thread has absolutely no fucking clue. Europe in this time of the year is definitely not what you are looking for.
2) Southeast Asia is generally a good idea. Thailand and the Philippines offer nice beaches and low prices, Indonesia is even cheaper. Exotic islands like Vanuatu and Samoa have even more idyllic beaches, but it's harder (and more expensive) to get there. Also, living there will be slightly more expensive but still manageable with your budget I believe.
3) If you're not a big traveler and not particularly eager to experience other cultures and so on and so forth, I would look into a cheap way to stay at the beach in Florida or Mexico as life there will be much more similar to what you're used to than if you go to SE Asia. Also, the flights will be considerably cheaper.
>>
File: cancun_01_big.jpg (69KB, 770x334px) Image search: [Google]
cancun_01_big.jpg
69KB, 770x334px
>>1189011
>Cancun Mexico

I actually lived there for close to a year after college. The whole state of Quintana Roo is beautiful. Lots of blue ocean and virgin jungle. New underground river caves (Cenotes) are discovered every now and then.

Also, crime is low and the people tent to be friendly. My Spanish is basic, but still managed to get around without a problem.

My cost of living was around $600 USD a month. Rent was $200 for a home that was less than 5 years old. My food was also around $200. I ate mostly out and where the locals go. Also, that's where you find the cheapest and best tasting dishes. And around $200 was used for entertainment, transportation, and other things that might come up.

I would explore and hunt in the jungle. I also met a few people who had boats. We would sometimes go deep sea fishing. It's also one of the best places in the world for scuba diving. You can also explore Mayan ruins. Some are not even opened to tourist, but if you know someone who knows the area; they will take you to all this cool places that haven't been touched by humans in hundreds of years. Or simply take your compass and map if you're adventurous enough.

Ah, there's also all the touristy stuff if you're into that. They have McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Chillies, and high end restaurants and stores. Also night clubs that resemble Las Vegas. Same vibe and pretty much the same people.
>>
>>1192113
>Anyone who suggests Europe in this thread has absolutely no fucking clue. Europe in this time of the year is definitely not what you are looking for.

was about to post this
what is it with all the people recommending Spain and Portugal? It's winter, it gets cold in those places too, you know
>>
>>1189014
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Cabo+San+Lucas+Mexico+MXBS0135:1:MX

http://www.vidasoul.com/default-en.html

http://dominicloscabos.com/index.htm
>>
File: 1362095707690.jpg (176KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
1362095707690.jpg
176KB, 600x756px
I bet Mexican beaches are nice. It's such a beautiful country. I envy them a lot, with all their fine food, music and nice people. A lot of history too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFao8RYeQ8

I am learning that even Miami Beach can be a bit nippy in January. Warm-ish, but not full summery. Average temp of 76F, but breezy.

I think I will like it as long as I eat in North Beach instead of South Beach. South Beach simply charges too much for the constant bad reviews I see, and frankly all the weird food is a bit of a turn off. I'd like to have the option of foreign food, not be forced to pay 3 times as much for food I recognize. I've been looking at diners all evening; it took forever to find a place with a nice, simple meatloaf instead of Pan-Latin American Fish Pie with Octopus. All the normal food with decent service seems to be in the north.

North Beach seems to have a lot of perks, while South Beach, judging by reviews, seems to be a bit plastic, suffering from its own success, you might say.

I think I will spend more time in North Beach where its a bit more laid back, and just visit South Beach for kicks.
>>
>>1193141

Also, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience in Cancun. It got me thinking, and helped me in planning stuff myself.
>>
>>1193185

I hear southern Spain stays pretty warm, no?
>>
CANCUN MEXICO
>>
>>1194681
It's 15° right now in Gibraltar. It's pretty warm in comparison to most of Canada but it's not beach weather by any means. Add the wind factor and the real feel should be around 10 degrees.
>>
>>1193141
Your rent was 200$ a month in cancun??
Can you give more details ?
>>
File: Sexy Beast.png (223KB, 720x364px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Beast.png
223KB, 720x364px
>>1194835

Oh I see, thank you. I didn't know that. I guess its still warm, if not as warm as I imagined.
>>
File: Cozumelf33.jpg (224KB, 750x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cozumelf33.jpg
224KB, 750x338px
>>1194846
>>1193141

>rent was 200$ a month in cancun??

Yes, you can actually find decent places for around $200-300 USD a month. But you have to look around, and stay way from the tourist areas. Tourist are sometimes charged 3 to 4 times more for similar accommodations and services. For example, a tour to the Mayan ruins can cost you $80 USD if you book it from your hotel or a beach booth, but you can actually take a nice bus with a/c on your own for only $10, and people always speak English at this sites. And houses that are walking distance from the beach tent to be more expensive, but if you don't mind taking a bike or riding a bus to the beach for less that a $1; you can save thousands in rent. And you are still in the vicinity of everything. A mere few blocks can make a huge difference when it comes to what you pay. And in general Quintana Roo (Rivera Maya) is safer than the rest of Mexico. I actually felt saver there than in a lot of the major US cities.

And for finding a place to stay this is what I did. I found a Hostel for $16 bucks a nigh on Airbnb, and I stayed there five days. I used those days to find a more permanent place. Usually you will see "For Rent" signs outside apartments and houses. And you can also find ads at local restaurants, and the places are always near by. You can also ask the locals (some speak decent English).

Also, food in the touristy zones is twice as expensive, and sometimes it's mediocre at best. Usually you find the best deals and better tasting dishes if you eat where the locals eat. And you won't be the only foreigner there either. You will sometimes find expats from Canada, Germany, USA, and Italy hanging out in these places as well (specially in Playa Del Carmen which is a short drive south of Cancun).

Picture: Cozumel Island (South of Cancun) has some of the best scuba diving in the world.
>>
>>1195003

Thank you, this is good advice just generally. I like that you plan very smart and get a lot of bang for your buck.
>>
>>1194962
im fucking roastin
>>
>>1195433

^^
>>
Florida

It's fairly cheap, the weather and beaches are great, it's first world, and you can drive down here amd have your car the whole time.

t. floridian who is currently soaking wet from swimming in a pool on december 28th
>>
>>1191947
Yeah, it's totally fine. Plenty of people will be in flip flops and tank tops at these types of restaraunts.
>>
File: Octopus Salad.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Octopus Salad.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>1196731

Thanks!

My plan was to visit Fogo de Chao, Mango and CJ's Crab Shack. The latter two I was comfortable assuming, but I didn't know about Fogo. I asked them, but all they told me was it was business casual dress.

Of course my confusion was not knowing how to interpret business casual in South Beach, especially since its literally on the beach.

I'm admittedly, hopelessly bourgeois, and have been intimidated by the diverse culture, particularly the menus. Im past the 'curious' age and just want to have fun. So reading about octopus salad and fish tacos unnerved me a bit.

I am trying to broaden myself a bit though, trying to learn the Cuban, Argentine and Brazilian menus. I was beginning to think that the South Beach Diet was that one lost weight because they either didnt recognize the food or it cost a fortune if they did.

I was so relieved just to find burgers. I know who I am lel. I am looking forward to empanadas, churros and caipirinhas though.

Many thanks again.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.